Dealer Response

ShelbyKR

(Sir, Heard from Ford late today.  We reached out to a scheduling manager in Detroit.   Currently there are 7 commodity restrictions on the truck you have ordered.  With your permission I will delete the spray in bedliner.  That is currently on hold.  According to Ford the lariat/tremor package is a very difficult build.   We did tell her how long your truck has been on order and asked it to be pulled for production as soon as possible.  Feel free to give me a call tomorrow if you would like.  Thanks   Joe)

This is the response I received from my dealership late yesterday ..

Tremor package includes the spray in bedliner 

Lariat is the lowest trim level to get the Tremor package

Tremor package is springs, shocks, and tires not sure what would be so difficult to build a Lariat with Tremor package.  Plus I like the way Ford does the spray in liner

with the embossed Ford logo at the front of the box.  What problems are they having with the spray in liner?  I find it hard to believe in the last 6 months they have not sold any trucks without it.

23 minutes ago, ShelbyKR said:

Tremor package is springs, shocks, and tires not sure what would be so difficult to build a Lariat with Tremor package.  Plus I like the way Ford does the spray in liner

with the embossed Ford logo at the front of the box.  What problems are they having with the spray in liner?  I find it hard to believe in the last 6 months they have not sold any trucks without it.

To clarify - Tremor package does NOT include spray-in liner.  The "Black Appearance Package" available on the Lariat trim does though.  

I removed mine (King Ranch) and will have it Line-X'd.  Lifetime warranty vs Ford 3-yr.  Ford Spray in (From my personal experience is subpar in comparison.  it scratches and scrapes of much easier. 

3 hours ago, ShelbyKR said:

From what I’ve read the liner problem is a difficulty in getting the product, not the actual application. 

22KRTremor

I messaged my dealer and that is what I am going to do.

Did they give you a credit? 

Did the dealer send it to LineX to have it done?

Is that Ford Oval stamped in the box or is it something that is applied when done at factory?

Thanks for your advice!!!

• Like 1

On 12/18/2021 at 4:27 PM, ShelbyKR said:

22KRTremor

I messaged my dealer and that is what I am going to do.

Did they give you a credit? 

Did the dealer send it to LineX to have it done?

Is that Ford Oval stamped in the box or is it something that is applied when done at factory?

Thanks for your advice!!!

The dealer changed the build and it's not on my Window Sticker.  I'll just pay for it out of pocket when it comes in.  

I personally know the Line-X guy and will have him take care of the truck.  

I cannot speak to the "FORD" Oval.  If it's not stamped on the bed already, Line-X will not have it there either. Just my 2¢

• Like 1

You only get the Ford Oval if you get the factory Liner.

I also dropped the Factory liner to get mine built and will get Line-x done locally.

It gets removed from your build and lowers your MSRP accordingly. Then you can do whatever you want when you get the truck. Many Dealers have connections to local Line-X or Rhino Liner places and can arrange to have it done for you upon delivery, or you can arrange it yourself.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, flufdiddy said:

Seems like ford would be slinging these trucks out like hot cakes....lots of money to be made!

They’re going to make plenty when they get the parts to build these trucks. But you can’t build something that you can’t get the parts for. It sucks. I think we’re all getting frustrated with the commodity issues.