2022 Navigator Questions

JO302

Hey everyone,

I appreciate the responses and help on my first post. The plan is to put an order in on a 2022 Navigator Reserve L tomorrow. I'm pretty much adding every option other than the roof rack. I do have a couple questions though:

- Any feedback on the Electronic Traction Assist (or eLSD)? Seems kind of pricey for traction control - curious if anyone has any feedback on it?

- I was told I could not order one with rear entertainment yet. Anyone experienced this? I wanted to get it, but not a deal breaker.

Thanks,

JO302

ELSD isn’t traction control, that’s already included.  It can lock the rear wheels together automatically if one is slipping.  Might be useful for towing.  I ordered it, but I don’t need it.

Per the order guide, rear seat entertainment is “late availability,” whenever that is.

4x4 or 4x2?  That is pricey but without it you either have 1 wheel drive (4x2) or 2 wheel drive (4x4) when you’re wheels start to slip because both differentials are open.  So one spinning wheel on each drive axle takes all the power and you’re stuck.  eLSD gives you power on both rear wheels.  I got stuck in my side yard o e time in my Ranger because one rear wheel hit mud.  Since then I’ve always gotten limited slip of some kind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akirby said:

4x4 or 4x2?  That is pricey but without it you either have 1 wheel drive (4x2) or 2 wheel drive (4x4) when you’re wheels start to slip because both differentials are open.  So one spinning wheel on each drive axle takes all the power and you’re stuck.  eLSD gives you power on both rear wheels.  I got stuck in my side yard o e time in my Ranger because one rear wheel hit mud.  Since then I’ve always gotten limited slip of some kind.

Looking to do 4x4. I will go with it but one of those things I'll likely never use, but be glad I have it if I do. Just seemed like a lot more than I paid on my F150 for the limited slip.

Go Dawgs! ?

• Like 1

I do have a quick follow up question. For the roof rack option on the order sheet, is that just for the black crossbars? I don't need those, but do want the chrome side rails on the roof.

Thank you!

Edited by JO302

Yes, I think that’s exactly it.  Side rails are included.  Black crossbars are an option.  I don’t think I’ll ever put anything on the roof so I didn’t order them.  If I’m wrong, I can buy something later.

What color are you thinking about getting?

Edited by Xraymd

16 minutes ago, Xraymd said:

Yes, I think that’s exactly it.  Side rails are included.  Black crossbars are an option.  I don’t think I’ll ever put anything on the roof so I didn’t order them.  If I’m wrong, I can buy something later.

What color are you thinking about getting?

Thanks, that is what I am thinking too. Was going to do Pristine White but my wife now wants the Ceramic Pearl (which appears to be more of the pearl white) with monochromatic package.

47 minutes ago, JO302 said:

I do have a quick follow up question. For the roof rack option on the order sheet, is that just for the black crossbars? I don't need those, but do want the chrome side rails on the roof.

Thank you!

If you look at the order guide, you'll see that the chrome roof rack is standard. The optional crossbars are black. 

I have a Ceramic Pearl with Monochromatic package on order too ?

I skipped the black crossbars and rear seat entertainment.  Getting a 4x4.

2 hours ago, JO302 said:

Thanks, that is what I am thinking too. Was going to do Pristine White but my wife now wants the Ceramic Pearl (which appears to be more of the pearl white) with monochromatic package.

• 2 weeks later...

First time poster here.  I appreciate all the helpful folks on the forum.  Currently have a 2020 Aviator and really like most things about it, but strongly considering ordering and moving up to the larger Navigator and have a few questions:

• I read on here that the rear entertainment system is "late availability."  Any idea what this phrasing normally means from a timing standpoint (ie Q2, Q3, Q4, etc)?  I assume it could be a chip related delay, but maybe someone on here knows for sure...
  • I read through the order guide and I am unclear on something.  Do you have to pay for the massaging second row seats to get the 2nd row center console?
  • Is there currently an online resource that allows you to price out your build with custom options?  I saw that the Lincoln site doesn't have that yet.

Thanks!

8 hours ago, bgoz98 said:

First time poster here.  I appreciate all the helpful folks on the forum.  Currently have a 2020 Aviator and really like most things about it, but strongly considering ordering and moving up to the larger Navigator and have a few questions:

• I read on here that the rear entertainment system is "late availability."  Any idea what this phrasing normally means from a timing standpoint (ie Q2, Q3, Q4, etc)?  I assume it could be a chip related delay, but maybe someone on here knows for sure...
  • I read through the order guide and I am unclear on something.  Do you have to pay for the massaging second row seats to get the 2nd row center console?
  • Is there currently an online resource that allows you to price out your build with custom options?  I saw that the Lincoln site doesn't have that yet.

Thanks!

• Ford/Lincoln does not provide guidance on when a "Late Availability" option will become available. The only way to know is when the order guide is updated without the "Late Availability" hold.
  • The 2nd Row Floor Console is available without the Enhanced Massage second row seats. See image below.
  • Lincoln does not notify Dealers when they'll update the Build & Price feature at the Lincoln.com website.

2022 Navigator_Second Row Seats with Console_21L.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bgoz98 said:

Thanks!

It’s not up on Lincoln.com, but you can build and price here:

CarConnection.com

• Like 1

On 12/22/2021 at 7:35 AM, JO302 said:

IMHO the Ceramic Pearl is an absolutely beautiful color.  I think you will be very happy with it.  I wish it was available on the 2019 Black Label Nautilus when i bought mine.

3 hours ago, bgoz98 said:

Any idea on how accurate this site is with pricing?  Is it just based on current model year or do they actually have updated information from Ford on new option/package pricing?  Thanks for the link.  Just what I was looking for.

I’ve ordered mine already and these prices seem accurate. 

I ordered a Reserve 4x4 SWB with Ceramic Pearl and the monochromatic package. 

1 hour ago, Xraymd said:

I’ve ordered mine already and these prices seem accurate. 

I ordered a Reserve 4x4 SWB with Ceramic Pearl and the monochromatic package. 

Just out of curiosity, did they charge you msrp?  I have xplan and I believe my dealer will honor it based on the length of relationship, but haven’t asked yet. 

1 hour ago, bgoz98 said:

Just out of curiosity, did they charge you msrp?  I have xplan and I believe my dealer will honor it based on the length of relationship, but haven’t asked yet. 

I’m doing X-plan too. Before we negotiated that far, the dealer said it would be a “fair price” but below MSRP ??‍♂️.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The X Plan price is set by Ford and is non-negotiable. Ford pays the Dealer a commission on the X Plan sale. 

Have heard of many dealers not honoring it right now due to low supply.  Especially if you don't have a trade in for them to sell.

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The X Plan price is set by Ford and is non-negotiable. Ford pays the Dealer a commission on the X Plan sale. 

Yes. We talked a bit about price before I knew about X plan.

I joined the Experimental Aviation Association to get a code. I’m not picking up the Navigator until mid April (at the earliest) so I had time to meet the 60 day requirement. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/5/2022 at 9:10 PM, bgoz98 said:

Has anyone been made aware of updated timing on the availability of the rear entertainment system?

They won’t commit to anything but RES issues are a problem with many of the automakers. GM told me it would be 4-6 months before they expect their RES option to be released for production, other shortages and long lead times led us to exploring the ford family instead. For the cost and delay of the RES you could get a couple of iPads and some headphones. With the connected WiFi you get more flexibility even. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2021 at 1:50 AM, Xraymd said:

I have a Ceramic Pearl with Monochromatic package on order too ?

I skipped the black crossbars and rear seat entertainment.  Getting a 4x4.

So if I ordered a roof rack with my order will they be chrome or black?