Should I Drop Spray-in Bedliner?

Staycee

I ordered two trucks (350 Lariat DRW 6.7 FX4). First ordered 9/25 with production date of 1/24, with liner and 5th prep. 2nd ordered on 10/29 production date of 12/20, no liner or 5th prep.  To go even further , order one priority 10, order two priority 20. 

should have one of them by feb I’m guessing. 

19 minutes ago, JC3837 said:

I would love to drop the spray in bed liner for Line X, but can't because I ordered the Black Appearance package on my F350 Tremor and it's part of the package. I've been waiting since June 7th and still no scheduling or even a VIN. 

You will get a VIN once it is scheduled.

• 2 weeks later...

When I ordered mine, my dealer wouldn't even put it on the build as they said it is a huge delay.  They have a couple local places they use and\or I am just going to go get it Line-X'd or Rhino Lined myself.  Probably cheaper to do it yourself anyway than from the factory.  

29 minutes ago, mww982 said:

When I ordered mine, my dealer wouldn't even put it on the build as they said it is a huge delay.  They have a couple local places they use and\or I am just going to go get it Line-X'd or Rhino Lined myself.  Probably cheaper to do it yourself anyway than from the factory.  

When did you place your order? Just wondering time frame your dealer was aware of the issue. Mine didn't mention it.

12 minutes ago, mww982 said:

Order place 12/3

I placed mine 10/19. Tried to drop the bedliner and 5th wheel prep kit last week, but dealer said it wouldn't let them amend the order. Could have been locked while Ford was previewing orders for scheduling, but mine wasn't scheduled. Waiting to hear back if they can now amend the order again.

16 minutes ago, G8R said:

I placed mine 10/19. Tried to drop the bedliner and 5th wheel prep kit last week, but dealer said it wouldn't let them amend the order. Could have been locked while Ford was previewing orders for scheduling, but mine wasn't scheduled. Waiting to hear back if they can now amend the order again.

I changed my order last week from a F250 to an F350 as I didn't have a VIN #.  My dealer told me that it was probably the last time I could amend my order due to the process, whatever that means.  

3 hours ago, G8R said:

Mine was previewing last Tuesday, Jan. 11th when I talked to the inventory manager at my dealership.  He said that usually meant it would be picked up for scheduling later that week, but it never happened.  It dropped out of previewing.  I have an F450 on order which means I have 5th wheel prep and F450 wheels which are both on the constraints list.  I removed AS in mid-December, but kept spray in bed-liner.  I asked about removing the bed-liner, but my inventory manager said he never touches Priority 02'd orders.  I guess I'll give it another week or two before asking for it be removed and going back to a Priority 10.

Edited by manko

3 hours ago, G8R said:

When did you place your order? Just wondering time frame your dealer was aware of the issue. Mine didn't mention it.

I had ordered 11\26 and dealer contacted me on 12\13 to remove my spray in liner to help it get scheduled.  I don't have any other options on the delay list, but still hasn't been picked up for scheduling yet.  

46 minutes ago, manko said:

Mine was previewing last Tuesday, Jan. 11th when I talked to the inventory manager at my dealership.  He said that usually meant it would be picked up for scheduling later that week, but it never happened.  It dropped out of previewing.  I have an F450 on order which means I have 5th wheel prep and F450 wheels which are both on the constraints list.  I removed AS in mid-December, but kept spray in bed-liner.  I asked about removing the bed-liner, but my inventory manager said he never touches Priority 02'd orders.  I guess I'll give it another week or two before asking for it be removed and going back to a Priority 10.

It's my understanding that Priority 2 orders can only be modified by going through the regional rep, but I'm not sure. I would think if they did that for you, it would maintain your priority status.

1 hour ago, manko said:

My F-450 was previewing back in the middle of November and didn't get picked up. Checked with my Sales Manager on Wednesday and it wasn't being previewed, but then they cancelled SD scheduling this week.

short answer, yes...my trucks was ordered Dec 7th, was going to take 29 weeks if I kept 5th wheel prep package, spray in bed liner and AS.  Dropped all three and was immediately accepted and will now be built in February...

Long answer, see this thread...2022 F350 SRW King Ranch CCSB Anitmatter Blue/Stone Gray - F-Series SuperDuty Forum - Blue Oval Forums

I thought I wanted the spray in liner direct from Ford.  Held out as long as I could but then had them cancel it.  Still not scheduled but hopeful.  I had Line-x before and really liked it so will do that again.  What I was most afraid of was not getting scheduled before the MY22 close.  I didn't want to start over again.

• Like 1

I see a lot of posts about how you removed the spray-in from your order. I’m curious if it was originally a stand-alone option, or part of a package? I ask because my sales manager told me I couldn’t remove it because it’s part of the BA package. He also told me the 20” black wheels were delaying the build… or could it also be the fact that they had it entered as a stock order, PC 80 until I requested the change to retail. At least I’m at PC 19 now. I ordered November 28th

47 minutes ago, FirstFord22 said:

I see a lot of posts about how you removed the spray-in from your order. I’m curious if it was originally a stand-alone option, or part of a package? I ask because my sales manager told me I couldn’t remove it because it’s part of the BA package. He also told me the 20” black wheels were delaying the build… or could it also be the fact that they had it entered as a stock order, PC 80 until I requested the change to retail. At least I’m at PC 19 now. I ordered November 28th

I had ordered it as a stand-alone option.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 9:12 AM, CBears said:

I thought I wanted the spray in liner direct from Ford.  Held out as long as I could but then had them cancel it.  Still not scheduled but hopeful.  I had Line-x before and really liked it so will do that again.  What I was most afraid of was not getting scheduled before the MY22 close.  I didn't want to start over again.

Have you had Ford's spray in liner to compare with Line-X? Notice a significant difference? I dropped the spray in on my order, skeptical on Line-X.

18 minutes ago, FourCrazies said:

Have you had Ford's spray in liner to compare with Line-X? Notice a significant difference? I dropped the spray in on my order, skeptical on Line-X.

What are you skeptical of?  With a reputable installer they're pretty much bulletproof.  I've had two trucks with line Line-X and they've held up very well.  My father in law has the factory spray-in and it looks nice, plus they put a ford logo on the back wall of the bed.  As for durability, I have no idea.  He hardly uses the truck.  

I would have no problem with the line-x.  I'm still debating switching black appearance for sport on my 350 order but I won't drop the factory 5th wheel prep. 

34 minutes ago, FourCrazies said:

We did not drop the Ford spray in liner on our order and now kind of wish we had.  I am also curious about Ford's spray in liner.  We had a truck with a Line-X liner and it was top notch. Looked brand new after shoveling gravel out of it, using a pitchfork to spread mulch, etc.  It was heavily used and looked new after many years.