Politically motivated predictions of 2021

Decker

"The Afghanistan pullout won’t be like the fall of Saigon, and the Taliban isn’t likely to take over".
PREDICTED ON, 08 JULY 21 

"Last summer, as U.S. forces withdrew from Afghanistan and the Taliban steadily regained territory throughout the country, there was a press conference held where a question was asked about the historical “echoes” some veterans of the Vietnam War saw between the fall of Saigon and the Afghanistan pullout. The question, if anyone saw a “parallels” between the two events," an individual --- who, by the way, was a U.S. senator when Saigon fell in spring 1975 — was very insistent and stated;

“The Taliban is not the South (I mean) the North Vietnamese army. They’re not — they’re not remotely comparable in terms of capability,” the former senator said. “There’s going to be no circumstance where you see people being lifted off the roof of an embassy … of the United States from Afghanistan. It is not at all comparable. … The likelihood there’s going to be the Taliban overrunning everything and owning the whole country is highly unlikely.”

THE REALITY OF THE PREDICTION;

"Just over one month later, in mid-August, Chinook helicopters airlifted Americans from the U.S. Embassy in Kabul as it evacuated. The Taliban surrounded and retook Kabul; it is now fully in control of the government of Afghanistan."

Just one of the long list of politically motived, less than accurate predictions. 

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

Hoping you and your loved one`s enjoy the holiday, fuzzy. This is my second holiday this month and I sneak away from both sides of the family at both holidays at high drama times. The Christmas crew has a few less masked up, plastic face shields and nervous members than the Hannukah crew. But the drama is universal. 

Merry Christmas and may all be blessed with good health and the strength to move forward in life. Shabbat Shalom to all that I`ve been blessed with their friendship and caring way`s. 

• Like 1

• akirby locked this topic