22' Factory Defects

jhaber

8 hours ago, doyall said:

Never should have made it out of the factory like that.

7 hours ago, danglin said:

Plus, the dealer should have fixed it before the customer took it home!

Well fellas...that ship sailed...third point would be "...and you accepted it at delivery".

bring it back and have it corrected....not the end of the world,

Edited by twintornados
  • Like 1

Mystery drivetrain issue that Ford or dealership hasn't been able to identify cause of or fix in 3 months. Symptoms, grinding or metal on metal scrubbing sound coming from rear-end on coasting deceleration. Some say their trucks built as recently as mid to late November still have the issue. Many have this issue, some just don't know it or haven't noticed it. Dealerships have replaced pinion flange, drive shafts, replace rear spring packs, rebuilt rear diffs, flashed / replaced 10 speed transmissions, etc. F250s/F350s SRW/DRW Sterling & Dana rear axles. I'd trade someone this issue for a crooked bumper. 

Bumper is straight.  Dealer had one on the lot with a big dent in the cab behind the door.  Asked them why they don't fix it and was told they were waiting for someone to purchase it first.  Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I guess it's common for them.  Actually had them tell me that a truck will never be delivered in perfect condition.....

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bshort said:

Bumper is straight.  Dealer had one on the lot with a big dent in the cab behind the door.  Asked them why they don't fix it and was told they were waiting for someone to purchase it first.  Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I guess it's common for them.  Actually had them tell me that a truck will never be delivered in perfect condition.....

If another dealer sells the truck then it will the the other dealers responsibility to have it fixed.

I went to Gander RV Asheville NC to buy a camper and they would not budge on the price and then pissed me off with their attitude and tactics.....so went to Gander rv in Statesville NC and had that exact camper transported to them, even with a 500 dollar transport fee added their price was still cheaper.

If a vehicle is not sold any other dealer can take it away.

34 minutes ago, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

If a vehicle is not sold any other dealer can take it away.

Semantics but they can’t “take” anything.  They can request a dealer trade and the other dealer may or may not agree.

Back in 1993 we were looking for a 4 door 2wd explorer XLT with leather.  Local scumbag dealer had one but wanted $1k over invoice.  Said they would do $500 over for a 2 door or an Eddie Bauer or a 4wd just not on a 4 door 2wd XLT.  Found another dealer who said they would do $500 over and had found one at another dealer.  He Made the deal to trade them a T bird and when the salesman went to pick it up they had sold it out from under him.  Turns out it was the same truck at the same scumbag dealer.  He was able to find another one though.  That same scumbag dealer had a drawing for a new Ranger for anyone who did a test drive.  You had to be present to win.  They drew a name and that person wasn’t there.  We expected them to keep drawing until they drew a name that was present but they did not.  Later they announced they had made a “deal” with the person whose name was called.  Same dealer switched Rangers on me.  I asked for and drove a red one but the deal was completed after dark and the next day I realized they gave me a different truck which was maroon not red.  I thought the mileage was different but they told me I was just confused.  Loy they went out of business 10 years later.

I hate dealerships like that!  When I bought this truck I found a good one, they treated me as if I was buying a Ferrari made me feel very welcome in there, and like I was doing them a favor by buying a truck from them, not like they were doing me a favor by selling me a truck) were not pushy, they were very fair on everything, next new vehicle I buy I will be going back to them even if the price is a few hundred/500 dollars more than the next place.

When you walk in the place none of the sales people jump on you like the proverbial flea.

A misaligned rear step bumper is an easy matter to correct and should be addressed by the selling dealership prior to delivery. The customer should not have to spend their time bringing it back to the dealership to be corrected and losing use of the vehicle for any period of time. 

Vehicles received from the factory with carrier damage should be repaired before being put in stock inventory or shown and delivered to a retail customer. For carrier damage, the driver will shoot photos of the damage for documentation to support the damage codes listed on the Bill of Lading signed by the driver and dealership representative. As long as the repair falls below Ford's threshold after preparing an itemized repair estimate, the dealership can do the repair immediately and then submit the claim for the repair.

With the reduced stock inventory, there are fewer Dealer Swaps/Trades being done. Dealers usually send drivers that will inspect the vehicle they're picking up and contact the receiving dealership if there's and damage requiring repair. If the receiving dealership takes the vehicle, they'll charge the original dealership for the repair as the original dealership is responsible for filing and paid for any applicable carrier damage claim.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

I hate dealerships like that!  When I bought this truck I found a good one, they treated me as if I was buying a Ferrari made me feel very welcome in there, and like I was doing them a favor by buying a truck from them, not like they were doing me a favor by selling me a truck) were not pushy, they were very fair on everything, next new vehicle I buy I will be going back to them even if the price is a few hundred/500 dollars more than the next place.

When you walk in the place none of the sales people jump on you like the proverbial flea.

My last purchase was my F150 at a very small very rural dealership about an hour North of Atlanta.  Arranged a test drive via email.  When I showed up the assistant let me drive both trucks I was looking at.  They were selling at the same price as x plan so I didn’t haggle on the price.  But I was trading in my 2013 Fusion.  She asked me what I needed for the trade and I was honest and said I thought it was worth $12k.  They agreed and I was out the door in less than 2 hours total.  Great experience at Chestatee Ford in Dawsonville,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, akirby said:

My last purchase was my F150 at a very small very rural dealership about an hour North of Atlanta.  Arranged a test drive via email.  When I showed up the assistant let me drive both trucks I was looking at.  They were selling at the same price as x plan so I didn’t haggle on the price.  But I was trading in my 2013 Fusion.  She asked me what I needed for the trade and I was honest and said I thought it was worth $12k.  They agreed and I was out the door in less than 2 hours total.  Great experience at Chestatee Ford in Dawsonville,

That's a great example of good customer service.

I purchased a "non-Ford" vehicle a few years ago directly from the dealer over the phone...agreed upon the price, agreed upon the financing terms, and took delivery all without setting foot in the dealership.  The salesman delivered the vehicle to my home where we did the test drive and PDI along with the typical walk through of the how things work.  The documents required my wife's signature, so he left the vehicle with me and had someone from the dealership pick him up.  I brought the signed paperwork to him the next day. 

Needless to say I purchased another vehicle from that same dealership/salesman two years later.  Wish they sold Ford products...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, catastrofe said:

That's a great example of good customer service.

I purchased a "non-Ford" vehicle a few years ago directly from the dealer over the phone...agreed upon the price, agreed upon the financing terms, and took delivery all without setting foot in the dealership.  The salesman delivered the vehicle to my home where we did the test drive and PDI along with the typical walk through of the how things work.  The documents required my wife's signature, so he left the vehicle with me and had someone from the dealership pick him up.  I brought the signed paperwork to him the next day. 

Needless to say I purchased another vehicle from that same dealership/salesman two years later.  Wish they sold Ford products...

Have had a couple of similar experiences with our dealer.

Back in 2015, we were heading out on a world cruise and trip around Australia, so would be gone for up to 9 months. Didn't want to leave the truck unused for that long and we really needed a dually. We agreed a trade-in for the SRW, which I dropped off with him enroute to the airport and he guaranteed me whatever price Ford posted for the summer employee sale. He would submit the order just before the sale ended with a delivery date to match our return. We cancelled the tour of Australia, so sent him an email end of July that we would be back early September. He submitted the order immediately, which we received a couple of weeks after we got home. Haha - the good old days when you got a truck in 6 - 8 weeks delivered to the West Coast.

In 2016, DW really didn't like driving the DRW around town, so heading back home with the RV, I called our Sales Manager, requesting he find DW an Escape or smaller car. Also provided him my budget. Called me back advising he had a number of Escapes, but they were all lease returns and knew DW would not like them. He had a loaded 2015 Fusion, which had got lost on their lot for over a year. Sticker was substantially higher, but he met my price, so I gave him a deposit over the phone. He kept it on the lot for another 6 weeks until we returned to the coast.

Getting the same great service on the current truck order.

• Like 2