Dealership Inventory

ShelbyKR

Does anyone know of a website that will allow you to search the lower 48 of dealership inventory for Super Duty trucks.  I have tried the search inventory on the Ford web site, but only allows you to go a 100 miles from my zip code.  Tried changing it but it will not let me. I see some dealers have quite an inventory not far from me but not exactly what I am looking for.

Just wondering who has what sitting on the lot.  For the right truck I am willing to travel.

46 minutes ago, ShelbyKR said:

Does anyone know of a website that will allow you to search the lower 48 of dealership inventory for Super Duty trucks.  I have tried the search inventory on the Ford web site, but only allows you to go a 100 miles from my zip code.  Tried changing it but it will not let me. I see some dealers have quite an inventory not far from me but not exactly what I am looking for.

Just wondering who has what sitting on the lot.  For the right truck I am willing to travel.

Just change the zip code and do multiple 100 mile searches.  Or let a Ford dealer search for you or let Ford corporate find it for you.  The option is there when you do build and price.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, akirby said:

Just change the zip code and do multiple 100 mile searches.  Or let a Ford dealer search for you or let Ford corporate find it for you.  The option is there when you do build and price.

Great advice.  It's what I did years ago when Ford offered an incredible A-Plan lease discount on a hybrid.  Detroit area dealers were sold out in hours.  I set zip code 90 miles away, and suddenly found a vehicle.

4 hours ago, ShelbyKR said:

When we bought DW's Edge, our dealer had nothing in stock. Before factory ordering he took a list of what we wanted, started checking local dealers then our entire Province and neighbouring Provinces. He found exactly what we wanted about 600 to 700 miles away. He had it shipped to our dealer at no additional cost to me. Picked it up in a couple of days. Did the same with my Mustang, but he found that on a local dealer's lot.

keep in mind a lot of dealers list special order trucks online to draw in more sales. They arent actually availible for sale and youll be told that you can "order one just like it"

I dont imagine your going to find much of anything actually sitting on a lot. and be prepared to pay handsomely if you do find something

4 hours ago, mattdm said:

keep in mind a lot of dealers list special order trucks online to draw in more sales. They arent actually availible for sale and youll be told that you can "order one just like it"

I dont imagine your going to find much of anything actually sitting on a lot. and be prepared to pay handsomely if you do find something

Yep,  the exact thing I was running into when I searched local “inventory”.  One can look at the window stickers to see if it green or blue but still is not an absolute indication if it’s in stock or already sold.

Edited by 1972Mach1

34 minutes ago, ShelbyKR said:

The color of the window sticker tells if it was a dealer stock or special order?  Does the window sticker tell what date the vehicle was delivered?

Ford stock orders have blue window stickers, retail orders have green window stickers. They're created just prior to production and affixed to the corresponding vehicle at the plant. As such, it would be impossible for it to include the delivery date at the dealership.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShelbyKR said:

The color of the window sticker tells if it was a dealer stock or special order?  Does the  window sticker tell what date the vehicle was delivered?

Most Special Order trucks are removed from Inventory pretty quickly after they are Delivered. They can appear on dealer sites as soon as they get a vin.

Edited by mattdm
  • Like 1

On 12/27/2021 at 3:03 PM, akirby said:

Go up into the URL and change the distance manually. The site will allow up to 500 miles. 

Notice I changed the Radius to 500... 

https://shop.ford.com/inventory/superduty/results?zipcode=33414&Radius=500&Order=Distance

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Good tip.  I’ve seen that before but I thought it no longer worked.

It doesn't actually change the results.  I get the same number of vehicles at 100 , 300 & 500 mile radius.  It might say it's a 500 mile radius, but the results do not change after 100.  Years back, it worked up to 300, but that was a long time ago.

HRG

I got so frustrated while looking for a truck before I ordered one. I did Google searches of dealers and called many of them and drove 20 mins to 3 hours after speaking to a sales person and them saying they have a truck and giving me the details on the truck they have and I drive out to them after they say it was available for purchase.

To get there and then show me the truck and then they say they can't sell it but they are very happy to help me order one. I ran into that three different times, one of them actually pulled the truck around showed it to me and then came back and told me they couldn't sell it.

Just be ready and expect them to say anything to get you in to the dealership.

One dealer actually had the nerve to tell me they had a truck when they didn't (sorry someone just bought rhat truck) and when I got there they showed me a 2 wheel drive dually and in E250....lol

40 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

It doesn't actually change the results.  I get the same number of vehicles at 100 , 300 & 500 mile radius.  It might say it's a 500 mile radius, but the results do not change after 100.  Years back, it worked up to 300, but that was a long time ago.

HRG

Yeah that’s what I thought.

if (radius > 100) then radius = 100;

On 12/27/2021 at 5:52 PM, mattdm said:

This is exactly right!!  My dealer even told me a couple of weeks ago not to be surprised to see my truck on their site when it ships from the factory. He says they list all incoming trucks on there to attract attention.

13 minutes ago, Carbonized said:

This is exactly right!!  My dealer even told me a couple of weeks ago not to be surprised to see my truck on their site when it ships from the factory. He says they list all incoming trucks on there to attract attention.

I noticed that at most dealers that were showing them in inventory. The one I ordered went on their site when the VIN was assigned and then was removed when it shipped. 

10 hours ago, Ngwidener said:

I noticed that at most dealers that were showing them in inventory. The one I ordered went on their site when the VIN was assigned and then was removed when it shipped. 

Unless Ford has changed their policy and forcing retail factory orders and/or vehicles in transit to appear on dealership websites, the Dealer can have their web host filter out those vehicles, so they don't appear on the dealership sites. 

• Like 1