My wait is finally over…

Kyoshea

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone on the forum that helped provide information about my build during these strange times.  Here’s my build summary after 10 months and 11 days of waiting. Don’t worry, they will build it. 

ordered 3/18

accepted 3/19

vin generated 6/4

build scheduled and was rescheduled 6x

window sticker generated 12/6

Order sent to plant  12/9

accepted by plant and scheduled 12/13

truck built 12/21

loaded on rail car 12/22

shipped from plant by rail 12/23

arrived at rail transfer yard 12/25

unloaded from rail car 12/27-12/28

picked up by truck carrier 12/29

delivered to dealership 12/29

Overall very impressive truck. Minor quality issues dealership is fixing today and I’ll pick it up tonight.  This truck was a big deal for me since my previous F350 was stolen while I was away from home working, right before Christmas, and I’ve been without my heavy work truck over a year now.  The wait for it was difficult because I had to turn away work opportunities. I wanted the options I selected and would not compromise since it’s replacement for what I had.  The big hold up was adaptive steering, 5th wheel prep and any number of other issues, but it’s over now and I can focus on setting this beauty up to get new work done. Happy new year!  

4DE229A8-47A6-43DE-AB90-D81240356238.jpeg

0356B21B-C766-4962-822D-823E6C17F772.jpeg

FB39DA0F-64C9-4683-8896-BE1C4F32249D.jpeg

• Like 10

Awesome looking 350! Wow, I'm not sure I could have waited that long, especially since mine was ordered the first part of September, and 9 1/2 months would have put me way past the camping season when I really wanted to use my new truck. I didn't have the Adaptive steering, but I did have the 5th wheel prep and spray-in bedliner. Fortunately mine has been shipped so should have it soon.

Edited by AtlasBlue350
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

That's different than the grill on my truck, never really paid attention to the different grills but how did you get that Grill? was that an option or is that the one they put on diesels or some other reason?

Thanks for the comments!!  This is the standard grille on the Platinum trim. 

14 minutes ago, Kyoshea said:

Attached is the window sticker.  Not every option but quite a few that were on the naughty list.

The file didn't come through, but that's OK. The thing of it is that if you really want those options, and knowing they could cause delays, you have to be willing to wait. So good job on the patience :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

The thing of it is that if you really want those options, and knowing they could cause delays, you have to be willing to wait. So good job on the patience :)

with my other truck being stolen and wanting to replace what I had before I basically sucked it up and had to make it work to get what I wanted. They say good things come to those who wait??   Thanks for the comment!  

3 hours ago, Toe Truck said:

Very nice truck, Kyoshea.  Would you mind letting us know what kind of issues had to be taken care of by the dealership?  Still waiting on my order, but would like to get an idea of things to look for when it gets here.  Thank you.

Couple little things. So far I only have 56 miles on it. The hood alignment is off. The right rear rock guard sticker had a huge black thumb print in it and showed up bad against the white. I’m missing my extra camera (customer placed camera option) I ordered (it’s on back order).  Otherwise it’s a really amazing truck. Very smooth and quiet in the cab. I have not driven a similar truck without adaptive steering so I don’t know how much difference it makes but the steering feels great at slow speeds and on the freeway. Plenty of power and I really love the 10 speed transmission. Can’t wait to get it out on a long road trip and find out what kind of overall mpg I can squeeze out. The rear camera is lacking. Really should have a better picture but it’s similar to my mustang and our ST explorer.  For what this truck cost IMHO it’s way more than it should cost but everything things expensive nowadays so Let’s go Brandon!

13 hours ago, Kyoshea said:

with my other truck being stolen and wanting to replace what I had before I basically sucked it up and had to make it work to get what I wanted. They say good things come to those who wait??   Thanks for the comment!  

Great truck. Patience is key. Sorry to hear about your previous truck getting stolen. That must have been tough to accept..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

On 12/30/2021 at 1:48 PM, Kyoshea said:

C3F8702D-44CE-4980-B9E9-C9CBAC7A82E3.jpeg

Great looking Truck....I'm Still waiting for mine to be assigned a VIN and Build Day

I Ordered on 10/25/2021...so far only have the acceptance notification form Ford.

Similar build to yours...except Long Bed and no Adaptive Steering.

Congrats on finally getting your Truck