7.3 SD emblems (Godzillas)

16 hours ago, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

I love walking in and telling them to stand back let the professional handle it....LOL

Wouldn't rile me up at all...you guys are certainly the experts when it comes to elevators.  I've taken a few classes on them, but it's still inevitable that I will then come across one I've never seen before and just look silly trying to look like I know what I'm doing haha.

11 hours ago, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

If they would have waited five more minutes they could have saved themselves 30 minutes and the customer $20,000....

But the firebugs love their axes???

Screenshot_20220103-221123_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220103-221329_Gallery.jpg

I really hope someone was legitimately dying in that elevator to make them do that.  Otherwise it just seems like unnecessary property damage.  I'll always make an attempt to get in, but waiting for the elevator tech has always worked out for me.  Usually just a little talking to the occupants of the car gets most of the anxiety and panic under control.

Sorry to derail the thread a bit, but jeez.  That's ridiculous.  Does that style outer door have a manual elevator key slot to get the doors open?

On 1/2/2022 at 1:19 PM, KKosi said:

If you like it, does it really matter what everyone else thinks? It's original and doesn't look all that bad. For me the name has no context JMHO.

He can run what he wants on his own truck, but I had the impression (not going to bother to go back and read again) that he was testing the waters before producing more, to sell to others.  And if I was right in that assessment, then the answer to your question is YES -- IT MATTERS WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK.

Edited by BigUnixGeek

3 hours ago, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

No not selling I actually paid somebody to cut these out for me, enamel filled them, sanded them down, clear-coated them.

Well, on the bright side, if everybody thinks they're goofy then I won't have any issues with them getting stolen off the truck???

You are correct. Those are definitely safe at least from me.. ? Now the USS GASSER???  Those might temp me.. but I would need "ROLLIN COAL"  

( i hate the guys that think blowing black smoke it cool ) They ruin the mod market for the responsible users in my opinion.

1 hour ago, OREGUNFIRE said:

You are correct. Those are definitely safe at least from me.. ? Now the USS GASSER???  Those might temp me.. but I would need "ROLLIN COAL"  

( i hate the guys that think blowing black smoke it cool ) They ruin the mod market for the responsible users in my opinion.

Mod market for a 6.7......??

WTF?... is 1000 foot pounds of torque not enough??

22 hours ago, BigUnixGeek said:

He can run what he wants on his own truck, but I had the impression (not going to bother to go back and read again) that he was testing the waters before producing more, to sell to others.  And if I was right in that assessment, then the answer to your question is YES -- IT MATTERS WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK.

Chill out dude. He asked for our opinions that's what I gave him.

19 hours ago, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

No not selling I actually paid somebody to cut these out for me, enamel filled them, sanded them down, clear-coated them.

Well, on the bright side, if everybody thinks they're goofy then I won't have any issues with them getting stolen off the truck???

My bad on that one, I guess.  Maybe the qty pictured gave me that impression.

And that is one sweet paint Scheme on that truck every time I look at your truck it reminds me of mid 80s f150s...???

That's a good-looking emblem, I tried finding just a 73 at first but couldn't seem to find any online, there's one company that was talked about on the other Ford Forum whatever it is but every time you click the link to that company it said out of stock.. 

So I bought some 73 ones off eBay and they were pieces of garbage I put them on the truck and took them quick because they were stamped aluminum and weren't the factory look that I am still looking for.

I would pay top dollar if I could find a 73L emblem that was identical in size and quality to the 67 emblem...

That's what I would really like in the long run.

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR

On 1/5/2022 at 3:01 PM, Jeff T said:

Interesting design, I debated about going with one of the several Godzilla designs out there, but in the end decided to keep it simple. Plus go a little retro with the vinyl.

F-350 3.png

F-350 1.png

That’s a great looking truck!!!   Very retro!

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/3/2022 at 4:49 PM, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

Lol...police and firemen in many areas have a friendly/kinda friendly beef with each other. Lol

We usually have a pissing match with the firemen on elevator entrapments....lol

I love walking in and telling them to stand back let the professional handle it....LOL

It gets them riled up every time

We have the same banter down here as well… I love busting their acorns every chance I get, and vice versa. Even hose draggers need a hero!

2 hours ago, FirstFord22 said:

@IUEC135ELEVATOR what did you decide, keeping, or removing them? I haven’t looked yet but, I would like to put all black Godzilla ones on mine (whenever that will be). I’m getting Agate black with the BAP, so I want to keep the truck blacked-out

I kept them on pretty much because I'm lazy and the truck never goes anywhere... and it's cold out???( and with the more confusion I get from people when driving the more I'm liking these.

But the people that have seen it can't even pronounce it and have no clue what it is anyways....

Droughnought

Dreadnoucht

Dreadnoot

Some ask "what is that?"

Me: DREADNOUGHT

What does that mean

IT WAS A CLASS OF NAVY SHIPS...AND MEANS ONE THAT FEARS NOTHING..

is it a special edition truck like the king ranch...

NO..JUST SOMETHING I DID...

( and then I get some sort of comment variation of this 5 out of 10 times)

That 7.3 diesels a good motor.

That diesel sound good. 

You can get 500k miles out of that motor...

Truck guys know what that is. It's just a (KINDA) homemade badge and they know what the engine is. it's the random people walking up that are just curious that are hilarious.

And people at stop lights have looked at it and stare for a few minutes trying to figure it out.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

I kept them on pretty much because I'm lazy and the truck never goes anywhere... and it's cold out???( and with the more confusion I get from people when driving the more I'm liking these.

But the people that have seen it can't even pronounce it and have no clue what it is anyways....

Droughnought

Dreadnoucht

Dreadnoot

Some ask "what is that?"

Me: DREADNOUGHT

What does that mean

IT WAS A CLASS OF NAVY SHIPS...AND MEANS ONE THAT FEARS NOTHING..

is it a special edition truck like the king ranch...

NO..JUST SOMETHING I DID...

( and then I get some sort of comment variation of this 5 out of 10 times)

That 7.3 diesels a good motor.

That diesel sound good. 

You can get 500k miles out of that motor...

Truck guys know what that is. It's just a (KINDA) homemade badge and they know what the engine is. it's the random people walking up that are just curious that are hilarious.

And people at stop lights have looked at it and stare for a few minutes trying to figure it out.

And that right there is what it’s all about!

On 12/31/2021 at 7:58 PM, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

So I decided I wanted a 7.3 emblem and I like the "7.3 Godzilla" emblems out there but Godzilla name is to commercial (movies). Sooooo...I decided to change it up. The truck is now the 7.3 DREADNOUGHT, I find the name quite fitting?.

Heavily armed battleship?.

Some will think it is stupid some will like it.

Complete honesty here, what do you think?

20211228_071512.jpg

20211231_140937.jpg

I think this is so awesome!

When Ford came out with the 7.3 "Godzilla", I was disappointed because Godzilla just sounds so bleek and ordinary. I mean...we all know who Godzilla is, but to piggyback the name of Godzilla in the hopes of having the same recognition for big and badass I think is a bit cheeky coming from Ford. I would of much rather of seen them come out with a name of their own and in your case, you nailed it with Dreadnought!

If I had a 7.3, I'd want this emblem displayed on my truck in a heartbeat! ??

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I don't really like any kind of extra labels. It seems like advertising the vehicle to a potential buyer.  I bought it, no more need to advertise. I find Chevies to have some of the most cringe worthy like the year(s) Camaros had ABS in the wheel hubs. And ABS is now like, meh, whatever.   But now those Camaro owners are stuck with that if they want to stay stock.