7.3 fuel consumption update (long idle consumption)

7.3 f350 CC LB 4wd 4.30 285/75-18 35" tires ( speedo  not yet calibrated for the new tires going from 33s to 35s, GPS showed 65 mph/truck shows 62)

This weekend was my little girls birthday so we decided to take a day trip(left at 6am and got home at 1am?) from Charlotte NC to Gatlinburg TN

I figured I would check the mileage because are the new tires and I am also finding out that sometimes the integrated MPG calculator on the truck sometimes a spot on sometimes it's not even close.

Going from Charlotte up the mountains (200 miles 3.4hrs) the truck got 11.4 mpg and the truck showed 13.8

On the way down from the mountains the truck registered 15.1 and the actual mileage was 12.35

I kept the truck on eco and @ 65 (or less) on cruise for majority of the trip. (I filled up as soon as I got off the interstate up there and refilled again right before leaving and again this morning when I left the house to eliminate any city driving mileage)

While I was up there my wife took our two daughters into Wonderworks (a kids attraction) and the dog and I stayed out in the truck and took a nap?. While napping I let the truck idle for 3.5 hrs (for the AC, it was 80 degrees up there on new years day?)

I noticed the onboard mileage still calculating and after only having 10 miles on the truck of City driving I decided to fill up once we left before our way back to the house just to see how much gas it used while idling (and eliminate that out of my "going home mileage").

With 10.6 miles on the odometer of City driving I'm guessing it used about 2 gallon for that and then another 2 gallons for idling for 5 hours.

So at idle the 7.3 used 4.2 gallons to drive 10 miles of 5mph stop go maybe 30 mins total driving from parking lot to lot and maybe 5 of idling (going into shops/picnic/my nap time ect.

The 7.3 uses less fuel than my welding maching does at an idle.?

20220102_113909.jpg

20220102_120541.jpg

20220101_205147.jpg

20220101_205213.jpg

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR