2022 150 Build Your Own

18 minutes ago, Bob Rosadini said:

So thinking about a new 150.  Go  to ""build your own"  thread..as Ford at least here in New England advertises.."get just what you want  and order your own"...and you get 2021 info.

Brilliant!

What's up with that???

Typical for Ford! There's very little 2021MY inventory in stock, which will be gone soon, 2022MY production started in November at the Dearborn Truck Plant and 2022MY F-150's are arriving at dealerships! 

Ford had their Flex Build & Price still up on the website long after the last ones were reported sold.

Ford is less than current in a couple other digital areas as well. Simple over the air updates to Sync3 can take hours; reminds of how the early dial-up Internet services were. Ford Pass has more frequent bugs, delays, frozen screens than other apps, and remote starting from the app takes quite a bit longer than the Dronemobile app start installed in our Mariner (both are AT&T based). I don't know how areas of responsibility are determined at Ford, but the experience is like Customer Facing digital is a" work-in" done by the software engineers in their spare time. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Now, if they'd only update the Build & Price for the regular 2022 F-150's since the 2022's are arriving at dealerships. 

Some of us on F150 forum are astounded that Ford hasn’t done that given it’s already Jan of 2022. Has this ever happened before where Ford would be in the next MY production and still have B&P for the prior year model?

1 hour ago, BigDutyDiesel said:

Some of us on F150 forum are astounded that Ford hasn’t done that given it’s already Jan of 2022. Has this ever happened before where Ford would be in the next MY production and still have B&P for the prior year model?

Unfortunately, it happens every year on every model!

• Sad 3

39 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Unfortunately, it happens every year on every model!

17 minutes ago, akirby said:

It used to be because they were still trying to clear out dealer inventory but that’s certainly not the case this time.

Chrisgb has the answer for what's going on here. It has nothing to do with clearing out dealer inventory, but the fact that "Customer Facing digital is a" work-in" done by the software engineers in their spare time."

32 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Chrisgb has the answer for what's going on here. It has nothing to do with clearing out dealer inventory, but the fact that "Customer Facing digital is a" work-in" done by the software engineers in their spare time."

A - that’s not how IT works.

B - even if it did you don’t know that’s a fact.

Stop making stuff up just to fit your narrative.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

I find it hard to believe that such an important digital customer experience function for number one selling vehicle in America is a spare time activity by Ford software developers.

There have be other reasons we are not previewed to. 

40 minutes ago, BigDutyDiesel said:

I find it hard to believe that such an important digital customer experience function for number one selling vehicle in America is a spare time activity by Ford software developers.

There have be other reasons we are not previewed to. 

That’s not at all how it works.  You don’t even need software engineers to add a new model - that’s just loading configuration data.  He’s making stuff up as usual.

The most likely reason is there aren’t many changes for 2022 and the order banks are full so it’s just not a high priority right now.

• Haha 1

On 1/3/2022 at 10:08 AM, Chrisgb said:

. I don't know how areas of responsibility are determined at Ford, but the experience is like Customer Facing digital is a" work-in" done by the software engineers in their spare time. 

Wandered into a minefield...

I was trying to be satirical or at worst cynical, not literal. As more of the customer experience moves away from the lunch table on the showfloor to online, Ford sorley needs to give more attention to their customer facing presence online, over-the-air Sync updates, and performance of Ford Pass. I would be very surprised to find out that keeping the previous model year's information up only, long after none is orderable or even available drives showroom traffic; away, perhaps. I don't know whose in basket this falls to at the Glass House,

but they need to get off of their collective dead Auto Start Stop and on their dyin' feet. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chrisgb said:

As more of the customer experience moves away from the lunch table on the showfloor to online, Ford sorley needs to give more attention to their customer facing presence online, over-the-air Sync updates, and performance of Ford Pass.

Ford's digital infrastructure in general has been a major weak spot for many years. theoldwizard and ice-capades have shared many examples on this forum regarding the negative impact of that to dealers, customers, and employees.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Chrisgb said:

Wandered into a minefield...

I was trying to be satirical or at worst cynical, not literal. As more of the customer experience moves away from the lunch table on the showfloor to online, Ford sorley needs to give more attention to their customer facing presence online, over-the-air Sync updates, and performance of Ford Pass. I would be very surprised to find out that keeping the previous model year's information up only, long after none is orderable or even available drives showroom traffic; away, perhaps. I don't know whose in basket this falls to at the Glass House,

but they need to get off of their collective dead Auto Start Stop and on their dyin' feet. 

Yeah, I've had Ford Pass for almost 2 years now, and really no improvements over that time. Nice feature, but no upgrades either. For that matter, I get very few Emails from Ford.

For comparison, I sold my Porsche in 2016, and I get Email news from Porsche almost everyday. In the mail, I get info from Subaru every week, and turned in my Crosstrek in 2020. 

Ford's marketing department could use some improvements online, and by snail mail. Maybe advertising in general. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BigDutyDiesel said:

Has this ever happened before where Ford would be in the next MY production and still have B&P for the prior year model?

Yes sir BigDutyDiesel, I remember the same thing happened a few years ago with 2020 model year Ranger. The Ford B&P for Ranger still showed model year 2019 for a short time after 2020 MY production commenced.

• Like 1