Please help! 2011 Ford Edge SEL with moonroof is leaking water under rear dome light!

Justin Taylor

Hello just bought this car a couple of months ago and every time there's a heavy rain it drips water from the rear dome light. I tried to look for drain holes and couldn't find any. Took to ford dealership and wanted to charge me $10,000?!?! To replace the entire sunroof. Was wondering if there's a fix to this or something anyone would recommend. Thank you. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I did fix my sons 18 focus moon roof. it was leaking into the front footwell drivers side. There are tubes connected to the drain on the gutter around the moonroof that run down the pillar next to the windshield. I found that the tubing wasnt connected. you will have to take the trim off on the inside to inspect, was an easy fix and took less than an hour

• 2 months later...

These videos will help.  Also check your window cowl under the hood for debris and clogging as most vehicles the drains at the front empty at the base of the A-pillar for the front drains.  Although sunroof may likely be the culprit, it is possible there is a leak at the antenna and the water is going to the back, if I remember correctly the antenna on those are at the front of the vehicle roof?