Bill Brown Ford Number One

Freep reported today that Bill Brown sold more Fords than any other Ford dealer in the world for 2021. 6,300 vehicles. Now that is impressive number during chip shortage and low inventory. That number must include used Fords also. I bought my Taurus at Bill Brown and they have 2 huge locations selling late model used Fords at competitive prices. Also big in fleet and get lots of Ford employee business. Many live in Livonia, Plumouth, Canton, and Northville.

• Like 1

Livonia’s Bill Brown Ford becomes top volume dealership in the world (clickondetroit.com)

LIVONIA, Mich. – The title of No. 1 Ford dealership by volume has returned to the Motor City.

Bill Brown Ford, which has been a staple of Livonia, Michigan, since the mid-’50s, has earned the title of No. 1 Volume Ford Dealership in the world.

The title was previously held by dealerships in Florida and California. No Michigan dealership has had the title for at least the last 30 years.

The "dealerships in Florida and California" mentioned in the article are Brandon Ford and Galpin Ford, respectively. 

1 hour ago, FordBuyer said:

Freep reported today that Bill Brown sold more Fords than any other Ford dealer in the world for 2021. 6,300 vehicles. Now that is impressive number during chip shortage and low inventory. That number must include used Fords also. I bought my Taurus at Bill Brown and they have 2 huge locations selling late model used Fords at competitive prices. Also big in fleet and get lots of Ford employee business. Many live in Livonia, Plumouth, Canton, and Northville.

Ford sales numbers for either Ford corporate or dealerships reflect new vehicle sales only! Ford doesn't care or profit from used vehicle sales other than those that might be financed by Ford Credit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I heard about it, in a crisis, it's amazing results.

By the way, I touched on the topic of the microchip shortage and the rebuilding of businesses after Сovid in my research paper written for  https://studyessay.org/research-proposal-writing-service/. Among U.S. automakers, Ford Motor lost the most revenue, and that's sad.

Edited by charlesmox1

On 1/5/2022 at 12:46 PM, ice-capades said:

Ford sales numbers for either Ford corporate or dealerships reflect new vehicle sales only! Ford doesn't care or profit from used vehicle sales other than those that might be financed by Ford Credit.

Yesterday one of the executives mentioned that Ford made $300 million off of used sales since the somewhat recent introduction of "Blue Certified." I'm not sure what the mechanism for that profit is, but I imagine it involves something more than Ford Credit.

1 hour ago, balthisar said:

Yesterday one of the executives mentioned that Ford made $300 million off of used sales since the somewhat recent introduction of "Blue Certified." I'm not sure what the mechanism for that profit is, but I imagine it involves something more than Ford Credit.

"Blue Certified" involves the inclusion of an extended warranty program for applicable used vehicles. I think Ford gets a cut for it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, balthisar said:

Dealers pay Ford a certification fee for "Blue Advantage" certified pre-owned vehicles which also includes a more extensive warranty as mentioned by rperez817. 

Edited by ice-capades
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1