2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV Revealed with 664 HP, 400-Mile Range

silvrsvt

Official release from GM. The Pickup Reimagined: Introducing the 2024 All-Electric Chevrolet Silverado

Highlights.

• Expected GM-estimated 400-mile range on a full charge offered on Work Truck (WT) and RST
  • Up to 664 horsepower with more than 780 lb-ft of torque in available max power Wide Open Watts Mode on RST, enabling a GM-estimated 0-60 mph time of less than 4.5 seconds
  • Standard DC fast charging (up to 350kW) on WT and RST
  • Up to 10.2kW of offboard power on WT and RST with optional equipment
  • Up to 10,000 pounds of maximum trailering with up to 1,300 pounds of payload on RST

Video.

Nice truck! The multifunction bed is pretty awesome.

Im surprised this thing can reach 7 figures!

Not a big fan pf the interior. Looks out of place for a pickup, which makes sense since it looks like the main UI/dash design looks like it Is in the upcoming Equinox EV.

Overall I am impressed.

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Clearly not a badge engineering job but obviously platform mates.

Lets not do what we all hate when it's done to Ford/Lincoln platform sharing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’ll never own one… but I watched Andre from TFL’s quick look and came away impressed. Looks good. I think the pass through is cool and smart.  I credit the lightning for some of the features I saw. Overall I’d say well done to GM. Hopefully they can get them built in a timely manner. 

23 minutes ago, Willwll313wll said:

Clearly not a badge engineering job but obviously platform mates.

Lets not do what we all hate when it's done to Ford/Lincoln platform sharing. 

Yeah that is what I meant, but you can see that they share some sheet metal and the same hardpoints. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Willwll313wll said:

I think the mid-gate is brilliant use of space and flexibility. 

Im not sure what the take rate would be but seems more usable then other bed tricks like Rams side storage things that cuts into bed width, and definitely beats not being able to extend your bed at all!

That’s what Avalanche had but it didn’t seem to catch on.  Just put the tailgate down and get a bed extender.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

That’s what Avalanche had but it didn’t seem to catch on.  Just put the tailgate down and get a bed extender.

Which this also has, which gives it a 10ft bed!

Im not familiar with the avalanche set up though. Regardless of the take rate, i think it's a good and functional engineering choice. 

57 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Yet another painfully ugly design from GM. 

These will sell in their targeted demographics. This hits the mark with a sport look. Many drivers of pickups are looking for exactly that-with capability and utility coming in second.  Just witness all the big tires-lifted trucks-that never see (or hardly ever) see the mud.

Edited by CKNSLS

44 minutes ago, CKNSLS said:

These will sell in their targeted demographics. This hits the mark with a sport look. Many drivers of pickups are looking for exactly that-with capability and utility coming in second.  Just witness all the big tires-lifted trucks-that never see (or hardly ever) see the mud.

I think it will sell to non traditional truck buyers and Chevy faithful but I think Lightning will appeal more to non Chevy truck buyers.

• Like 1

Gotta say this is pretty ugly. Looks like the hummer, Hyundai Santa Cruz and Hyundai Kona electric had a baby. Reminds me of what an electric truck would look like if it was designed in 2000. I hate that slanted area on the back of the cab. Then how the top of the bed gradually gets lower looks dumb. From far away, it will be hard to tell what’s the front and what’s the back.

I do like the interior though, especially that white one in the video posted above, but I’m not sure I’d want white in a truck. The mid gate seems cool, but I’d probably never use it. Unless you have kayaks like in the video or regularly get plywood, I can’t imagine it being very useful. I think I’d rather have rivians storage compartment over the mid gate.

I’d rank the EV trucks like this:

Rivian R1T

Ford Lightning

Alpha Motors Wolf

Nikola Badger

Tesla Cyber Truck

GMC Hummer

Chevrolet Silverado EV

Edited by T-dubz

1 hour ago, CKNSLS said:

These will sell in their targeted demographics. 

1 hour ago, akirby said:

I think it will sell to non traditional truck buyers and Chevy faithful but I think Lightning will appeal more to non Chevy truck buyers.

There's so much customer demand out there for capable, well designed BEV pickup trucks that any and all automakers who produce them will easily find buyers, whether "targeted" or not.

Silverado EV RST First Edition reservations sold out in under 20 minutes today.

4 hours ago, akirby said:

Not that it meant much but I had two and loved the midgate. Side pockets hardly ever used but midgate went down way more than I anticipated. 

I'm impressed with the new Silverado.  Have a buddy working as a supplier to this thing and they’ve been pushing this product hard for 2 years now trying to catch Ford.  Now let’s see how much the Chevy dealers put on their addendums:)

• Like 1