Tonneau cover and 5th wheel prep availability

6.7zack

I ordered an f250 black lariat 6.7 with the black appearance package on oct 5. So apparently my 5th wheel and tonneau cover wasn't dropped from my order after I asked and was told it was 2 months ago. My dealer is telling me he can't pull it since its priority 02. I know if he reaches out to the regional rep they can remove it. Anyone have any idea on when or if they are expecting more covers and 5th wheel prep or should I just order another truck?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 6.7zack said:

I ordered an f250 black lariat 6.7 with the black appearance package on oct 5. So apparently my 5th wheel and tonneau cover wasn't dropped from my order after I asked and was told it was 2 months ago. My dealer is telling me he can't pull it since its priority 02. I know if he reaches out to the regional rep they can remove it. Anyone have any idea on when or if they are expecting more covers and 5th wheel prep or should I just order another truck?

With a "02" priority code, vehicle specification changes have to be done with the assistance of the Regional Scheduler in order to make the changes and restore the "02" priority code. The Tonneau Cover and 5th Wheel Prep options are commodity restraints but are now restricted to retail factory orders only for the remainder of the 2022 Model Year in order to meet demand. Ford doesn't normally communicate when commodity restrictions will be lifted on related options. Options that are needed or strongly desired by a customer are best left unchanged.  

• Like 2

Haha, exactly, two weeks what. I love how people comment without any thought as to usefulness of their content. 

I have not seen or heard any new information which said that either the 5th wheel prep or any if the 3 tonneau covers will become available anytime soon. 

I personally dropped both the 5th wheel prep and the retractable tonneau cover and went from 02 back to priority 10 because of this move. It’s a gamble, i’m willing to take my chances at lower priority vs waiting for these commodity restraints to clear.

Edited by BigDutyDiesel
Spelling
  • Like 1