Radio Mutes when seatbelt is unbuckled

kenneths

Finally received my new 2022 F350 DRW King Ranch last Friday. I have a long driveway, so when I turn into my driveway I unbuckle my seatbelt, when I do the radio mutes and a warning pops up and says to buckle seat belt to unmute radio! Is there a way to turn this off? 

Also is there a way to turn off the 2 horn blast when you get out of the truck with it running and the key in your pocket?

2 hours ago, kenneths said:

Finally received my new 2022 F350 DRW King Ranch last Friday. I have a long driveway, so when I turn into my driveway I unbuckle my seatbelt, when I do the radio mutes and a warning pops up and says to buckle seat belt to unmute radio! Is there a way to turn this off? 

Also is there a way to turn off the 2 horn blast when you get out of the truck with it running and the key in your pocket?

You must have enabled the MyKey function.  Use the other fob and turn off MyKey.  That will fix the seatbelt issue.

You can turn off the double honk with forscan but it’s easier to just not shut the door all the way.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, akirby said:

You must have enabled the MyKey function.  Use the other fob and turn off MyKey.  That will fix the seatbelt issue.

You can turn off the double honk with forscan but it’s easier to just not shut the door all the way.

I have that activated on my truck on purpose forces me to buckle up....

And never use the key fob that I use to activate the Mykey.

Also On my daily friver truck I have the speed limit set to 70 miles an hour since new.... I figured that way I always buckle up and I never go over the speed limit on the interstate.

8 hours ago, kenneths said:

I don't think there is any way, other than ForScan, to eliminate the double honk when you exit the vehicle while it is running IF you have the Intelligent access/push-button start and you take the fob out with you. If I don't want my truck to honk at me, I leave the fob in the truck when I get out with the engine running.

On a truck with intelligent access/push button start, not closing the door all the way will not prevent the horn honk if the fob leaves the vehicle while the engine is running. The OP says he has the key in his pocket so that seems like he isn't using a conventional key but does have the intelligent access fob. On my intelligent access truck, with the engine running, if the fob gets more than about two feet outside the truck, with the door open or closed, the horn honks. I might try to partly close the door next time and see if that prevents the honk.

2 hours ago, FL Lariat Driver said:

On a truck with intelligent access/push button start, not closing the door all the way will not prevent the horn honk if the fob leaves the vehicle while the engine is running. The OP says he has the key in his pocket so that seems like he isn't using a conventional key but does have the intelligent access fob. On my intelligent access truck, with the engine running, if the fob gets more than about two feet outside the truck, with the door open or closed, the horn honks. I might try to partly close the door next time and see if that prevents the honk.

Well neither of my intelligent access vehicles work that way.  Leave the door open and it doesn’t honk.  2013 Fusion (gone) and a 2016 MKX.

1 hour ago, kenneths said:

Thanks for all of the replies. I will remove the my key and see if that fixes the radio issue. I guess I will just have to learn to deal with the double horn issue since I don't have forScan.

After you remove MyKey see if not closing the door all the way eliminates the double honk.  That works on all vehicles unless they changed something recently.