New Ford SUV Prototype Spied, Could Revive Fusion Moniker

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/new-ford-suv-prototype-spied-could-revive-fusion-moniker-178475.html#

new-ford-suv-prototype-spied-could-revive-fusion-moniker_25.jpg

Its not a BEV-you can see the exhaust pipes.

Any clue as to what it might be? Also the D pillar of the greenhouse has a ton of camo on it that makes me think it has more a slope then its indicating 

Edited by silvrsvt
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, JTL2017 said:

Could it be the Explorer EV or another EV? Maybe the muffler and pipe are a trick. 

That would make the most sense, but it also has a fuel drain at the rear...just noticed that too. No noticeable camo for a charging port either. 

58 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/new-ford-suv-prototype-spied-could-revive-fusion-moniker-178475.html#

Its not a BEV-you can see the exhaust pipes.

Any clue as to what it might be? Also the D pillar of the greenhouse has a ton of camo on it that makes me think it has more a slope then its indicating 

Are we sure this is a Ford?  This product doesn't seem to make much sense anywhere in the lineup, especially as a ICE model.  Or maybe it's a China-directed model just being tested here?

The d-pillar is slightly more sloped than the rear corners are alluding to, but the cut line for the liftgate is evident, so it can't be more raked/sloped than that.

Whatever it is also has flush door handles, which we haven't seen on a Ford product yet.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, joseodiaga4 said:

Edge replacement? It seems to be the same size as Grand Cherokee

Doesn't quite make sense to me, though, as it's well known Edge is on the way out via a BEV replacment.  Why would you come out with a similar product if you're set to replace that product?

Though I guess if they introduce a more upright "Explorer Sport", that could allow them to push an Edge BEV in a more sporting, coupe-like direction since it wouldn't need to be as practically shaped with another 2-row midsizer in the showroom.

Looks FWD C2 based. Could be the wagon version of Mondeo/Evos - has the same up-sweep belt line right before the rear door ends. The camo makes it hard to tell the size.

Not sure there is room still in Hermosilo for yet another C2 product. 

Edit: Besides the similar belt line, mirrors, and general shape of the hood, just noticed the prototype has the same wheels as production Evos ST...

ford-evos-2.jpg

ford-fusion-or-mondeo-replacement-spy-photos-side.jpg

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, bzcat said:

Looks FWD C2 based. Could be the wagon version of Mondeo/Evos - has the same up-sweep belt line right before the rear door ends. The camo makes it hard to tell the size.

Edit: Besides the similar belt line, mirrors, and general shape of the hood, just noticed the prototype has the same wheels as production Evos ST...

ford-evos-2.jpg

There's room at Flat Rock.

21 minutes ago, akirby said:

I don’t know - I just remember employees saying it would take a major renovation.

I think the info as explained was the paint booth has low ceiling so utilities have hard time clearing it. 

Whatever the case, even if this thing clears the paint booth at Flat Rock, I serious doubt Ford will setup a 3rd C2 plant in North America. Either they find room at Hermosilo or Louisville or this is being imported from Spain or China. 

7 hours ago, bzcat said:

ford-evos-2.jpg

I'm going to be so mad if Ford doesn't give us the evos, or that new sedan, but gives us this. It just doesn't seem like a looker, maybe I'll change my mind as the camo comes off.

Edited by DeluxeStang
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, bzcat said:

ford-evos-2.jpg

I agree with your assessment. I'm surprised Ford Authority hasn't posted this yet.

I guess everyone forgot that there are supposed to be 3 body styles of the midsize Fusion/Mondeo replacement. Ford has already unveiled the Evos (hatchback/whatever) and Mondeo (sedan). This looks to be the 3rd body style (wagon/Outback competitor)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeluxeStang said:

I'm going to be some mad if Ford doesn't give us the evos, or that new sedan, but gives us this. It just doesn't seem like a looker, maybe I'll change my mind as the camo comes off.

I agree, I’d much rather have the white evos hatchback pictured. 

13 minutes ago, Footballfan said:

Word is FRAP is supposed to be renovated for another product about a year after the new Mustang launches. 

Which rumor is that in itself has been delayed by a year. I have it on very good firsthand authority that there is /some/ more modern equipment being installed in the very near term. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo