2022 Navigator Order

jfarmer

• 3 weeks later...

Note that in order to use X-plan pricing you must have been a member of whatever organization for 90 days prior to taking delivery of your vehicle. Kind of cheesy but it is what it is. 

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm

Also, the first dealer that I spoke to said no to X-plan pricing and I assumed this was probably the case all around. On whim a couple of days later, I did a quick Google search and found multiple other Lincoln and Ford dealers advertising on their website that they would be happy to order you a Lincoln and you would be free to use X-plan pricing when it came in. Same thing with a deposit.

There is no reason for any dealer to ask for a deposit on a vehicle that is hard to get and easy to sell. All Lincoln is requiring is a signed order sheet and a copy of your driver's license. The advantage for the dealer is that the order is labeled sold so it goes to the front of the production queue. If you bow out when the vehicle arrives, no problem, they now have a vehicle that arrived much sooner than if they had ordered it for their inventory and now they can readily sell it to someone else, (likely for higher if they aren't using x-plan pricing.)

The second dealer I reached out to about x-plan pricing said they would do x-plan pricing but that they wanted $1,500 deposit. No thanks. Actually found my preferred dealer closest to me was readily willing to work with me with a simple email inquiry. My order was promptly submitted to Lincoln and I received an email confirming acceptance of the order a little over an hour later. 

Edited by BigVette

• ice-capades changed the title to 2022 Navigator Order
On 1/7/2022 at 8:33 AM, jfarmer said:

i ordered a 22 Lincoln  Navigator . i was wondering if someone could help me get a  xplan number or share one with me? i know my dealer will expect it they done told me. Thanks for any help

Have you received an x-plan pin yet?
 Per the guy that gave me my pin they get 5 per year for friends and family and after 20 some odd years at the plant (chicago assembly) he has never given away all 5 in a year.   You just need to buddy up someone and buy him/her a few drinks and ask 

• 1 month later...
On 1/26/2022 at 7:21 AM, BigVette said:

Note that in order to use X-plan pricing you must have been a member of whatever organization for 90 days prior to taking delivery of your vehicle. Kind of cheesy but it is what it is. 

Also, the first dealer that I spoke to said no to X-plan pricing and I assumed this was probably the case all around. On whim a couple of days later, I did a quick Google search and found multiple other Lincoln and Ford dealers advertising on their website that they would be happy to order you a Lincoln and you would be free to use X-plan pricing when it came in. Same thing with a deposit.

There is no reason for any dealer to ask for a deposit on a vehicle that is hard to get and easy to sell. All Lincoln is requiring is a signed order sheet and a copy of your driver's license. The advantage for the dealer is that the order is labeled sold so it goes to the front of the production queue. If you bow out when the vehicle arrives, no problem, they now have a vehicle that arrived much sooner than if they had ordered it for their inventory and now they can readily sell it to someone else, (likely for higher if they aren't using x-plan pricing.)

The second dealer I reached out to about x-plan pricing said they would do x-plan pricing but that they wanted $1,500 deposit. No thanks. Actually found my preferred dealer closest to me was readily willing to work with me with a simple email inquiry. My order was promptly submitted to Lincoln and I received an email confirming acceptance of the order a little over an hour later. 

What dealer did you order from?  I hope you don't mind sharing.  I tried a few here in Houston and some wouldn't do X-Plan but all wanted a deposit, non-refundable at that LOL.  One even asked me to write them a check and they'll "keep it on file" but not cash it until the truck comes, once the check is handed over it's out of your control.  I bought my 2019 from Chicago and drove it back to Houston so buying from anywhere in these 48 states is not an issue. Your assistance is much appreciated.

Edited by ceejaa

On 1/26/2022 at 7:21 AM, BigVette said:

Good news is if you join the same day you order you probably won’t take delivery before  the 90 day period anyway. This no scheduling for 5 weeks is brutal. 

Just learned Covert Lincoln in Austin is not a Black Label dealer ? but they will do X-Plan with no deposit on non Black Label trims.

Anyone know of a Black Label dealer that accepts X-Plan for the 2022 Navigator and not requiring a deposit?  Been calling around but no luck yet finding one that does all 3.

11 hours ago, Emilner said:

I don't see a $500 deposit as a deal breaker...

With deposits my issue isn't giving them the $$, I don't plan on cancelling the order and I'm prepared to wait until June/July but in the meantime if one pops up on another lot I'm buying.  You ever try to getting money back from dealership even if it was supposed to be "refundable" ? You'd swear accounting was done in Malaysia on a boat that only has power for 30mins a day, lol.

On 3/12/2022 at 5:32 PM, Dlcorbett said:

Have u called north park in San antonio?

Tried to order from North Park San Antonio and when I got the buyers order I saw my Priority Code was 19, when I asked them to bump me up to 10 some rep and another guy who said he was the manager said the Priority Codes don't matter. I know that's a lie so I'm not going to beg them to take my money, on to the next.

I see many of you here are happy with your order, what dealership did you order from?  Anywhere in the continental US is fine with me.

14 minutes ago, ceejaa said:

Tried to order from North Park San Antonio and when I got the buyers order I saw my Priority Code was 19, when I asked them to bump me up to 10 some rep and another guy who said he was the manager said the Priority Codes don't matter. I know that's a lie so I'm not going to beg them to take my money, on to the next.

I see many of you here are happy with your order, what dealership did you order from?  Anywhere in the continental US is fine with me.

Ha, you specifically say priority code 10, so you obviously know a little something, and they give you that line. Yep, move along...

On 3/17/2022 at 4:25 PM, ceejaa said:

If you are willing to come to SE Florida, Pompano Lincoln has been very good to me. Between me and my siblings, we bought 3 Navs, an Aviator, and Explorer from them. Most special ordered and they accepted X-plan, even as recently as a few months ago. PM me for more details.

58 minutes ago, bigzaj said:

Why does the dealer have the option to accept or not accept X-plan when it is a ford program?

Because they are independently owned franchises/dealership, similar to other franchises when corporate runs a promotion it will have a disclaimer "at participating locations" the employee pricing for GM is even worse as most Cadillac dealers are not only not honoring the employee pricing, they are also adding $10K+ to MSRP ? 

1 hour ago, bigzaj said:

Why does the dealer have the option to accept or not accept X-plan when it is a ford program?

Because it’s illegal for Ford to dictate pricing.  Dealers are completely independent businesses protected by franchise laws.