akirby

Ford warns dealers about F150 Lightning orders

On 1/12/2022 at 10:14 AM, FordBuyer said:

Mullinax has about 20 Broncos and about all are used as demos to be sold later after some light miles. And I would guess be sold for much higher price than sticker. Expect them to do the same with Lightning. Seems to be the model for mega dealers. Looks like Mullinax does this with the Mach E also. 

Sounds like Ford Courtesy Transportation Program vehicles that have to be in service for a specific time period and mileage before they can be sold. Dealers are subject to chargebacks and other fines for violating terms of the program. 

Edited by ice-capades
typo

16 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Which is weird since Ferrari owners/buyers are traditionally sticklers for NOT putting miles on their cars. 

the Dealer would register vehicles and pay taxes etc on THEIR aquisation cost and then bump pricing up...the cars were literally never driven..

16 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Sounds like Ford Courtesy Transportation Program vehicles that have to be in service for a specific time period and mileage before they can be sold. Dealers subject to chargebacks and other fines for violating terms of the program. 

Wish I could believe that...we were told with our Mach E mannequins they had to be in-service for 6 months and then 2 months in we were informed they could be sold and subsequently were....I swear...ever since Fauchi became a Ford Employee, the rules change daily.....hes also in charge of release dates and Vin visibility ( too soon?....lol )

Edited by Deanh