Waiting Not So patiently

BR549

On 1/14/2022 at 8:05 PM, almostcammy said:

My truck got scheduled yesterday with the black appearance package. It seems like they might be reserving whatever bed liner they have for the packages and not doing many, if any, of the standalone option. But that's all just conjecture, nobody knows for sure.

This is the type of things that makes it so confusing to so many of us. I ordered my truck on July 9, 2021 and have seen many people receive production dates and their trucks with the same items we keep hearing is what is slowing up our orders. So Confused!!!!

13 minutes ago, Nikolaiss said:

I have seen this in a few different pages but all I read from this is that retail orders have priority. Am I missing something? I do not see we (Ford) is having issues with these items and it is what is causing your orders to not be filled. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Options listed have been controlled commodities for some time due to demand vs. supply, supplier issues, plant constraints, etc. These options are now restricted to retail orders only in order to help meet the demand related to the tremendous increase in retail factory orders. 

12 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Options listed have been controlled commodities for some time due to demand vs. supply, supplier issues, plant constraints, etc. These options are now restricted to retail orders only in order to help meet the demand related to the tremendous increase in retail factory orders. 

Is there any place that we can go to and get an idea of where we stand in the line? I can only imagine that is a tough question but it sure would help. Thanks for what you are doing!!!

12 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Talk to your Dealer!

I am really not trying to piss anyone off. I am just new to the site asking questions. I ordered my truck in July of 2021 and have not been crazy like other peoples comments I have read. This is the first time I have started asking questions. Once again, not trying to upset anyone!

18 minutes ago, Nikolaiss said:

I am really not trying to piss anyone off. I am just new to the site asking questions. I ordered my truck in July of 2021 and have not been crazy like other peoples comments I have read. This is the first time I have started asking questions. Once again, not trying to upset anyone!

You already are with the barrage of posts (15+ in the past hour!) that don't contribute anything other than becoming SPAM! Spend some time reading the information available on topic(s) of interest so that you can contribute to the discussions or ask a specific question that you need assistance with. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2022 at 5:52 PM, dwpick1030 said:

Would any one happen to know if I will receive any emails from Ford on the progress on my truck. I see it is on my bill of sale, but I haven't received anything yet at all. Not too sure if that email is just for the dealer or not. If I could get email updates that would be fantastic. I ordered my truck Sept 25/21. I have contacted the dealer to see if there has been any progress.....Crickets....

We received an "Order Confirmation" e-mail from Ford the same day we ordered from the dealer.  I have seen threads where people have said they have called their dealer and had them add their e-mail to the order system after it was submitted because they did not get a confirmation e-mail from Ford.

My dealer put a wrong e-mail address for me, so I never received anything (no confirmation, no VIN, no build date, etc), from Ford.  I called customer service, who was very nice, but could not change or correct it on order, she said.

Thanks to this forum (Ice Capades, I think), I found out the 19.5” forged aluminum wheels were in short supply (as stated above).  But, truck showed up anyway in less than 4 months.  It may not help for those still waiting, but I bet you will be like me, when your truck arrives, very happy!  I’ve been drooling ever since the last body-style change before 2017, the gen 3 scorpion diesel with more HP & torque, the new 10-speed tranny (they worked out problems), but finally have a 12” screen (and Sync4) on this 2022.

Yours also will arrive, and I bet you’ll love it.  Ford makes amazing trucks!  The holidays are over, no strikes going on that I know of.  Bet there are a lot of delayed John Deere tractors after strike.  Best of luck, people!

On 1/17/2022 at 9:41 AM, ice-capades said:

Talk to your Dealer!

I have called, emailed, and text my dealer to see where my oder stands. I have recieved absolutely nothing back. I guess they are to busy to give me the time of day. Thought about canceling the order and changing dealers, but then I would be back to the beginning.  I ordered 09/21 and haven't heard any news. I figure I am this far into the waiting game.....so might as well sit back and try to enjoy the ride. Have a great day everyone.

13 minutes ago, dwpick1030 said:

I have called, emailed, and text my dealer to see where my oder stands. I have recieved absolutely nothing back. I guess they are to busy to give me the time of day. Thought about canceling the order and changing dealers, but then I would be back to the beginning.  I ordered 09/21 and haven't heard any news. I figure I am this far into the waiting game.....so might as well sit back and try to enjoy the ride. Have a great day everyone.

If they are not responding then you may want to go in and ask to see the VVR.  You can cancel your order and as you said you would be starting over. This would not hurt the dealer in any way since the truck order does not really get canceled and they will sell it when it comes in.

1 hour ago, dwpick1030 said:

I know all too well what you mean. I couldn’t get the dealership to provide me with answers. I think once I pointed out their mistake 2 months later, in placing a stock order instead of retail, they didn’t want to deal with me anymore. I then decided to go to a different dealership and placed a new order. I actually ended up saving money by doing it. Of course now I’m going to wait a little longer but, at this point what’s another two months and my sanity back (hopefully)

Good luck regardless which way you decide