Is there a benefit to being priority 10 vs 19?

Diydner

I am new to ordering a vehicle so forgive me for my stupidity. Is there a difference between priority code 10 and 19? I heard it goes kind of based on a range and that certain numbers don't really make a difference. If that's the case, does anyone know what the ranges are? 

6 hours ago, Diydner said:

I am new to ordering a vehicle so forgive me for my stupidity. Is there a difference between priority code 10 and 19? I heard it goes kind of based on a range and that certain numbers don't really make a difference. If that's the case, does anyone know what the ranges are? 

The priority code range for retail factory orders is 10-19. Orders submitted to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system default to priority code 19 requiring Dealer's to manually assign a lower priority code if desired. The best Dealer assigned priority code is 10. Priority codes and the orders in the USOB are exclusive to each dealership. The priority code is important if the Dealer has multiple, unscheduled retail factory orders in their USOB as the scheduling system will review the order with the lowest priority code first. When there are multiple, unscheduled orders with the same priority code, the system treats those orders equally and will consider the original order date but very often, schedule the order that meets applicable commodity requirements the easiest. Many dealerships are poor at managing their USOB and priority codes, so knowing your priority code and how many orders are ahead of you can be important.

The scheduling process is a bit complex including factors such as the original order date, priority code, allocation, microchip shortages, commodity and plant constraints, supplier issues, etc. all of which can delay scheduling. More information is available throughout the BOF site and at https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/63667-ford-vehicle-ordering-scheduling-process/.

In particular, your Dealer should submit your signed Buyer's Order and Driver's License to the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program). COVP verified orders qualify for incremental allocation and priority scheduling.   

• Like 2

So a big thank you to all the folks here that take the time to provide all the info here to help everyone.

I’m new to the Ford ordering process coming from GM, and trying to learn all I can, but I’m not quite clear on the priority levels and unscheduled vs scheduled.

I’ve searched here and see folks getting bumped to higher priorities to GET scheduled, but I can’t seem to find the answer for scheduled orders. 

I have a 2022 F-150 ordered since October- I received a VIN in November and a scheduled build week in January. Since then, my build week has been bumped twice, but on the last order update I received, I actually have a build day listed now, but I noticed my priority changed from 10 to 2. Does that mean that a Ford rep bumped it and my date should hold now barring any component issues? It’s a KC build if that matters in any way. 

15 minutes ago, jz777 said:

So a big thank you to all the folks here that take the time to provide all the info here to help everyone.

I’m new to the Ford ordering process coming from GM, and trying to learn all I can, but I’m not quite clear on the priority levels and unscheduled vs scheduled.

I’ve searched here and see folks getting bumped to higher priorities to GET scheduled, but I can’t seem to find the answer for scheduled orders. 

I have a 2022 F-150 ordered since October- I received a VIN in November and a scheduled build week in January. Since then, my build week has been bumped twice, but on the last order update I received, I actually have a build day listed now, but I noticed my priority changed from 10 to 2. Does that mean that a Ford rep bumped it and my date should hold now barring any component issues? It’s a KC build if that matters in any way. 

Priority codes apply only to unscheduled orders. If your priority code changed from 10 to 2, it had to have been done by Ford or the Ford Regional office before it was scheduled. The VIN number and production week are assigned when the order is scheduled. Once the order is scheduled, the priority code has no further function.  

• Like 3

This is a great question. I was a Priority 1, but I am not sure when that went into effect, exactly. I ordered my '21 Raptor on June 11th and am still waiting to this day. It's really hard to say if priority matters based on being what I would think was the "top" priority in the number 1, but still not having the truck behind virtually everybody else that had lower priority numbers than I did.

• Sad 1

On 1/14/2022 at 11:00 AM, RogueAdvisor said:

This is a great question. I was a Priority 1, but I am not sure when that went into effect, exactly. I ordered my '21 Raptor on June 11th and am still waiting to this day. It's really hard to say if priority matters based on being what I would think was the "top" priority in the number 1, but still not having the truck behind virtually everybody else that had lower priority numbers than I did.

Normally priority 1 means you are first in line as soon as they can build it, but I think Raptor allocation may be a completely separate process.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Normally priority 1 means you are first in line as soon as they can build it, but I think Raptor allocation may be a completely separate process.

Raptor orders are scheduled manually at the regional level and a different process. Dealers are advised in advance of potential Raptor order scheduling and applicable commodity restraints.  

• Like 2