2022 F-150 BEV Lightning Production Information

ice-capades

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin), the initial timetable information has been released for the 2022 F-150 BEV Lightning

• 01/05/2022 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  •       TBD         - 2022MY Scheduling Begins
  •       TBD         - 2022MY Job #1 Date

The 2022 F-150 Lightning Order Guide is available for download in the Dealer Order Guides section. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...

2022MY F-150 Lightning - Product Offering Changes

Ford Power-Up Software Update Activating Phone as a Key - Coming Late Summer 2022

ACTION REQUESTED
• Review your dealerships inbound F-150 Lightning(s) and identify impacted units
• Walk customers through the F-150 Lightning Phone as a Key acknowledgement form and obtain signature during customer delivery process
• Inform customers their F-150 Lightning comes with two key fobs and that Phone as a Key is expected to be delivered late summer 2022 using Ford Power-Up software update technology

SUMMARY
Beginning late summer 2022, Phone as a Key will be activated over-the-air as a Ford Power-Up software update for all units built through June, 2022.
Details on the latest Ford Power-Up software updates are available from the FMC Dealer Message Center and Repository. This information will include a step-by-step guide on how Phone as a Key can be activated. For those who wish to update earlier, an in-dealership update will be made available. Information on the in-dealership update process will be available prior to the Ford Power-Up software update launch.

IMPACTED UNITS
All F-150 Lightning units built April 11th, 2022 through June, 2022 with Phone s a Key available feature. See below for specific configurations impacted.

F-150 Lightning Phone as a Key Configurations
• Lariat 510A with Ford Co-Pilot Active 2.0 (Option Code: 68C)
• Lariat 511A
• Platinum 710A

Note: Pro, XLT, & Lariat 510A without Ford Co-Pilot Active 2.0 (Option Code: 68C) will not receive Phone as a Key feature.

• 2 weeks later...

2022MY F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro Distribution Delay

ACTION REQUESTED
• To support F-150 Lightning Launch, ensure your teams are aware of a delay in the distribution of the Ford Charge Station Pro

SUMMARY
Ford Motor Company had previously announced the 2022 F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro (FCSP) distribution plan through Sunrun, Ford Motor Company’s distributor & recommended installer for F-150 Lightning. The availability of the Ford Charge Station Pro has experienced a short delay which is detailed below.

DELAY IN DISTRIBUTION OF THE FORD CHARGE STATION PRO
The Ford Charge Station Pro (FCSP) may not be available at the time of delivery for some extended-range F-150 Lightning customers. Ford expects FCSPs to be shipped no later than June 30th.

Customers should be reminded of the alternative ways to charge their F-150 Lightnings:

1. The Ford Mobile Power Cord with a 120-volt and 240-volt plug to allow for charging at home.

• a. Note: the 120-volt is considered a “trickle” charge. The 240-volt requires a 240-volt NEMA 14-50 outlet and can be installed by a licensed electrician. See attached Home Installation Tips for the Ford Mobile Power Cord.

2. 2-year access to the BlueOval Charge Network. Access to the BlueOval Charge Network allows access to a network of charging partners with the FordPass app.

• a. Charging partners are: Electrify America, EVConnect, EVGO, Flo, Chargepoint, and SemaCharge.

3. 250 kWh of free charging at Electrify America DC Fast Chargers.

DISTRIBUTION OF 80-AMP FORD CHARGE STATION PRO (FCSP) AFTER VEHICLE DELIVERY
For customers who take delivery of their extended-range F-150 Lightning without their FCSP:
• Memo Program #14094 ($0) will be automatically claimed in SmartVincent for ALL F-150 Lightning Extended Range models, which will enable Ford to share customer data with Sunrun

• An updated Customer Acknowledgement Form will be required to authorize Sunrun to verify shipping address (see attached)

• Sunrun will contact customers to verify shipping address for FCSP & discuss optional installation services once their FCSP becomes available.
• If Sunrun is unable to connect within 5 business days after the FCSP becomes available, Sunrun will ship the FCSP to vehicle sold-to address as reported by the Dealer.
• Customers may contact Sunrun at 855-341-0237 to confirm and/or update shipping address if different than sold-to address.

Ford_EFC10111-Customer-Acknowledgement.pdf

Ford_EFC10111-Home-Installation-Tips.pdf

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

2022MY F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro Distribution Delay - UPDATED

Reason for Supersede:

• Including customer satisfaction actions to support the Ford Charge Station Pro Distribution Delay.

CUSTOMER SATISFACTION ACTIONS
For customers who purchase an Extended Range Battery F-150 Lightning TM and take delivery through June 30, 2022, Ford Motor Company will take the following actions:
          1. Add an additional complimentary 250 kWh of DC fast-charging with Electrify America (EA) leveraging the BlueOval TM Charge Network (BOCN) via the FordPass TM App bringing the vehicle total to complimentary 500                     kWh (equivalent to 3-4 fill-ups).
                         a. No customer action is needed as this update will be reflected in the customer’s FordPass® account after the customer enrolls in the BlueOval TM Charge Network.
          2. $500 Mastercard debit card is intended to help offset home charging installation expenses.
                         a. Debit cards will be mailed to affected customers after the vehicle is reported-sold.
                         b. Customers can expect the debit card to arrive 3-4 weeks after reported-sold.

Delivery must be from Dealer stock by June 30, 2022 to receive the above benefits. Customers will be notified through a unique Ford CRM Email.

ACTION REQUESTED

• To support F-150 Lightning Launch, ensure your teams are aware of a delay in the distribution of the Ford Charge Station Pro

SUMMARY
Ford Motor Company had previously announced the 2022 F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro (FCSP) distribution plan through Sunrun, Ford Motor Company’s distributor & recommended installer. The availability of the Ford Charge Station Pro has experienced a short delay which is detailed below.

DELAY IN DISTRIBUTION OF THE FORD CHARGE STATION PRO
The Ford Charge Station Pro (FCSP) may not be available at the time of delivery for some extended-range F-150 Lightning customers. Ford expects FCSPs to be shipped no later than June 30th.
Customers should be reminded of the alternative ways to charge their F-150 Lightnings:
                    1. The Ford Mobile Power Cord with a 120-volt and 240-volt plug to allow for charging at home.
                                a. Note: the 120-volt is considered a “trickle” charge which provides a charge rate of 2 miles/hour. The 240-volt requires a 240-volt NEMA 14-50 outlet, bringing the charge rate to 15 miles/hour, and can be                                                   installed by a licensed electrician. See attached Home Installation Tips for the Ford Mobile Power Cord.
                    2. Complimentary 2-year access to the BlueOval Charge Network. Access to the BlueOval Charge Network allows access to a network of charging partners with the FordPass app.

a. Charging partners are: Electrify America, EVConnect, EVGO, Flo, Chargepoint, and SemaCharge.
                    3. 250 kWh of free charging at Electrify America DC Fast Chargers via your FordPass app.

DISTRBUTION OF 80-AMP FORD CHARGE STATION PRO (FCSP) AFTER VEHICLE DELIVERY
For customers who take delivery of their extended-range F-150 Lightning without their FCSP:

• Memo Program #14094 ($0) will be automatically claimed in SmartVincent for ALL F-150 Lightning Extended Range models, which will enable Ford to share customer data with Sunrun
  • An updated Customer Acknowledgement Form will be required to authorize Sunrun to verify shipping address (see attached)
  • Sunrun will contact customers to verify shipping address for FCSP & discuss optional installation services once their FCSP becomes available.
  • If Sunrun is unable to connect within 5 business days after the FCSP becomes available, Sunrun will ship the FCSP to vehicle sold-to address as reported by the Dealer.
  • Customers may contact Sunrun at 855-341-0237 to confirm and/or update shipping address if different than sold-to address.

FCSP_CustomerAcknowledgement_Delay.pdf

EFC10111-Home-Installation-Tips.pdf

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

• 3 weeks later...

Product Offering Changes

2022MY F-150 Lightning Platinum Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion and Max Recline Seats

ACTION REQUESTED

• Please be advised of a product offering change on F-150 Lightning Platinum for Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® and Max Recline Seats.
  • Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal is now required on all orders. Impacted scheduled and unscheduled units will include credits on the window sticker.
  • Due to a Multi-Contour Seat Module chip shortage, beginning June 27th 22MY F-150 Lightning Platinum production, including retail, fleet and FCTP orders will be produced with a Multicontour seats with Active Motion® Removal which removes the Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® and Max Recline Seats (if optioned).
  • Customers taking delivery of 22MY F-150 Lightning vehicles that have a Multi-Contour seats with Active Motion® Removal option (91X) on the window label must sign the attached Customer Acknowledgement Form with the understanding that the Multi-Contour Seat Module is not included, deeming the feature not functional, and they are receiving a credit of $300. A copy of the signed Acknowledgment Form must be included in the deal jacket.

SUMMARY
While the automotive industry continues to be confronted by supply chain shortages, Ford is working diligently to ensure our vehicles are delivered on a timely basis to meet customer demand. These shortages impact a wide variety of components used to manufacture our products. Therefore, Ford will be making the following product offering change to the 22MY F-150 Lightning Platinum in an effort to help customers receive their vehicles sooner. Upcoming 22MY F-150 Lightning Platinum orders will include a Multi-Contour seats with Active Motion® Removal option. The Multi-Contour Seat Module that controls massage functionality is impacted by the chip shortage. Window labels and Order Guides will be updated to reflect the change.

CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FORM
Customers purchasing the 22MY Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum with the Mult-Contour Seat Delete must sign a MCS Delete Customer Acknowledgement Form before taking delivery of their vehicle. Signed copies of the form must be maintained by the dealer in the vehicle deal jacket. Ford suggests providing a copy to the customer for their records as well. A copy of the MCS Delete Customer Acknowledgement Form is attached and will also be available to download through SmartVincent and on FMC Dealer.

F-150L_MCS_Removal_AcknowledgementLetter.pdf

• 1 month later...

INFORMATION
Product Offering Changes: 22MY F-150 Lightning with Tow Technology Package (Onboard Scales and Smart Hitch Removal)

ACTION REQUESTED

• Please be advised of a product offering change on F-150 Lightning with Tow Technology Package.
  • Due to a ride height sensor shortage, 22MY F-150 Lightning vehicles built after August 22nd  with Tow Technology Package, including retail, fleet and FCTP orders will be produced with an Onboard Scales and Smart Hitch Removal Option (63X) that removes Onboard Scales and Smart Hitch feature.
  • Onboard Scales and Smart Hitch Removal Option (63X) is now required on all 22MY F-150 Lightning vehicles when selecting Tow Technology Package (17V). This impacts scheduled and unscheduled units and will include a credit on the window sticker.
  • Customers taking delivery of 22MY F-150 Lightning vehicles that have a Onboard Scales and Smart Hitch Removal Option (63X) on the window label must sign the attached Customer Acknowledgement Form with the understanding that Onboard Scales and Smart Hitch are not included, deeming the feature not functional, and they are receiving a credit of $650. A copy of the signed Acknowledgment Form must be included in the deal jacket.

SUMMARY
While the automotive industry continues to be confronted by supply chain shortages, Ford is working diligently to ensure our vehicles are delivered on a timely basis to meet customer demand. These shortages impact a wide variety of components used to manufacture our products. Therefore, Ford will be making the following product offering change to the 22MY F-150 Lightning with Tow Technology Package in an effort to help customers receive their vehicles sooner. Upcoming 22MY F-150 Lightning With Tow Technology Package orders will include an Onboard Scales and Smart Hitch Removal option. The ride height sensor module that controls Onboard Scales and Smart Hitch functionality is impacted by the chip shortage. Window labels and Order Guides will be updated to reflect the change.

Customer Acknowledgement Form
Customers purchasing the 22MY Ford F-150 Lightning With Tow Technology Package with the Onboard Scales and Smart Hitch removal option must sign a OBS & Smart Hitch Delete Customer Acknowledgement Form before taking delivery of their vehicle. Signed copies of the form must be maintained by the dealer in the vehicle deal jacket. Ford suggests providing a copy to the customer for their records as well. A copy of the OBS & Smart Hitch Delete Customer Acknowledgement Form is attached and will also be available to download through SmartVincent and on FMC Dealer.

AcknowledgementLetter_F-150Lighting.pdf

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content