17-22 SD tips or hints...whatcha have?

Been watching YouTube videos on 17-22 SD tricks/hints/secrets.

After reading through the owner's manual most of this stuff is all in there but unless you read through the manual you would not know it or it's different then what the manual says.

Examples: press and hold (5 sec) traction control on dash to put into sport mode. Manual says it turns stability off...but truck says "sport" mode, there is no mention of "SPORT" mode in manual.

And

Folding the rear seat(back) down... the manual does not tell you how to fold it down but watching YouTube videos you can see how to fold it down and you can buy latch that will allow you to access it much easier.

Anything else that you guys have found that is not common knowledge to guys that have not owned the newer version Super Duties or stuff that is just plain to Handy to know.

So the ones I have found is this.

Push traction control in for 5 seconds and it turns it to sport mode and you will see the status bar changing on your dash.

On the driver side rear seat back you can buy a latch that will allow you access for storing items you're not going to be using everyday.

22s do not come with (at least 22 didn't but my 19 did) drink holder. if you have the split bench seat for the front. you can order online from Ford for like $35... (parts department at my dealership could not find them though...weird)

Please share anything you have found?20211125_154457.thumb.jpg.ce564f4988aac8aad6aca38e01292b5b.jpg

20220109_132947.jpg

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bheminger said:

Still waiting on my truck to come in but FORSCAN seems pretty handy to have.

@IUEC135ELEVATOR Are those Carhartt seat covers? Im looking for some for my front seat with the bench seat and arm rest.

They fit great, everything is high quality except for the part from the cup holder part of piece you put your back on if the seat is flipped up.

Returned thar Covercraft sent me a new one and it was just as bad as a fitment, and now 3 months later I still have not received a piece that fits ..

20211020_175229.jpg

20211020_175412.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 8:16 PM, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

After reading through the owner's manual most of this stuff is all in there but unless you read through the manual you would not know it or it's different then what the manual says.

Isn't that the modern definition of a tip, trick, secret, life hack, or whatever -- that you have to read to have known it?

21 minutes ago, Skeet88 said:

My truck hasn’t came in yet. Is there a way to use the bed camera while driving? Going from a 2012 to a 2022 I’m sure I have a lot to learn. 

21 minutes ago, Skeet88 said:

My truck hasn’t came in yet. Is there a way to use the bed camera while driving? Going from a 2012 to a 2022 I’m sure I have a lot to learn. 

just select it, you can watch it while driving... however, I haven't found a way to use screen split

On 1/12/2022 at 6:11 PM, BigUnixGeek said:

Isn't that the modern definition of a tip, trick, secret, life hack, or whatever -- that you have to read to have known it?

Ahhhh....yeah...ummm...ok. LOL.

New thread title....

Anyone have any tips that's NOT in the book, pamphlet, web page or whatever.....?

Kinda like the rear seat latch thing???

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR

• 2 weeks later...

Forescan as mentioned above can be a little intimidating at first but once you get the system down it is easy to change things like having fog lights stay on with brights. Turning double honk off. Changing how many times your blinker blinks for changing lanes. Turning off seat belt chime. Tilting power mirror down when in reverse. And loads of other things