Rail Car stuck in KY

Gpf2ez

CSX has a huge shortage of crews everywhere. I’m sure that is factoring in. Unfortunately if there aren’t enough autoracks to make it worth their while to pickup, they’ll wait until there are enough. It is a terrible way to run a railroad but all they care about is their stock price.

8 hours ago, Gpf2ez said:

My rail car with CSX has a status of being released by the customer, and is at Shelbyville, KY since 1/4 with no ETA available. 

Anyone else have their trucks stuck in KY since last week?

Hmmm…., possibly. Mine was supposedly shipped on 12/22 to arrive between 1/01 and 1/07.   On 1/10 I got the  following email.  Where does one find the actual rail car info?  Is it listed on the window sticker?  

AA696396-8FBC-47C8-87DA-27C6B36E6047.thumb.jpeg.05054b74e62f736c089b06cbdc108a2a.jpeg

2 hours ago, PKL131 said:

Hmmm…., possibly. Mine was supposedly shipped on 12/22 to arrive between 1/01 and 1/07.   On 1/10 I got the  following email.  Where does one find the actual rail car info?  Is it listed on the window sticker?  

AA696396-8FBC-47C8-87DA-27C6B36E6047.thumb.jpeg.05054b74e62f736c089b06cbdc108a2a.jpeg

Mine moved from 7 to 14 to 22 also.

Hopefully it moves soon 

Mine had been sitting in the railyard in KY since 01/03.  Today is the first day it has moved and it left the railyard as of 11:30 this morning.  Mine is coming by Norfolk Southern and has been easy to track once I had the railcar number.

22 hours ago, Quigs said:

Mine had been sitting in the railyard in KY since 01/03.  Today is the first day it has moved and it left the railyard as of 11:30 this morning.  Mine is coming by Norfolk Southern and has been easy to track once I had the railcar number.

Same with mine. It finally moved last night and even updated this morning.  It is great to see some progress finally.

I did not get any additional emails from Ford but checked the tracking link this morning and see that the estimated delivery date has been pushed again.  Was 1/14, then 1/20, now 1/28.  Wondering how many times I should expect this?  It seems  the closer you get the more agonizing the wait!

On 1/12/2022 at 12:58 PM, Gpf2ez said:

My rail car with CSX has a status of being released by the customer, and is at Shelbyville, KY since 1/4 with no ETA available. 

Anyone else have their trucks stuck in KY since last week?

My F350 has been in KY since 1/10.  Hopefully mine is moving with yours.  

original ETA was 1/17/22 now pushed to 1/31/22 on the Ford order tracker. 

Edited by JWflorida

On 1/18/2022 at 9:22 AM, PKL131 said:

I did not get any additional emails from Ford but checked the tracking link this morning and see that the estimated delivery date has been pushed again.  Was 1/14, then 1/20, now 1/28.  Wondering how many times I should expect this?  It seems  the closer you get the more agonizing the wait!

Dealer representative just called and said they checked and the truck is still sitting at the rail yard in Kentucky.  His assumption is that CSX doesn’t have a full car so it won’t ship until they do ?.  Tomorrow is one month since getting the your vehicle has been shipped email.   

On 1/20/2022 at 3:13 AM, AtlasBlue350 said:

I feel your pain guys. My F-350 has been stuck in Minot, North Dakota since the 9th with no movement so far:

In Transit - Delay- Conveyance Mechanical Failure (Burlington Northern Railroad )    Minot, ND    Jan-09-2022

To know it's basically only one state away is excruciating.

I remember a member tracking his rail car a while back. Tracking showed it in Chicago for like two weeks. He finally got someone at CSX to check status. Apparently the car had a brake line fail and it was waiting repair. Sucks! Good luck and hoping for speedy delivery.

11 hours ago, GCD said:

I remember a member tracking his rail car a while back. Tracking showed it in Chicago for like two weeks. He finally got someone at CSX to check status. Apparently the car had a brake line fail and it was waiting repair. Sucks! Good luck and hoping for speedy delivery.

Well I would love to check the status myself, but I can't get my dealer to send me a copy of the VVR or will he tell me the boxcar number so I can track it.

14 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

Well I would love to check the status myself, but I can't get my dealer to send me a copy of the VVR or will he tell me the boxcar number so I can track it.

Damn sad customer service! I would press the sales manager or the dealer general manager for that info. Only takes a minute for them to pull it up. I think I would be planted in the showroom discouraging customers if they refused to pull it up. Ridiculous!  Good luck.

Estimated delivery date pushed back again for the fifth time.  Interesting though that the dealers website lists 3 f250’s (not mine) as in transit,  all of which have window sticker production dates a week after mine.  What the heck is going on?

• 2 months later...
On 1/23/2022 at 3:10 AM, AtlasBlue350 said:

My dealer said to me today that Ford doesn't like them giving out the rail car numbers as too many people call the rail carrier.  I personally don't see the excessive drain on an automated tracking number, but maybe some have trasferred to a live person and caused an issue....or maybe the dealer just liked saying Ford didn't want them to--who knows.

3 hours ago, Steve N said:

My dealer said to me today that Ford doesn't like them giving out the rail car numbers as too many people call the rail carrier.  I personally don't see the excessive drain on an automated tracking number, but maybe some have trasferred to a live person and caused an issue....or maybe the dealer just liked saying Ford didn't want them to--who knows.

Well like you said, it shouldn't be a reason for a dealer to withhold that information as it's just a automated system. I could see it if they were live people you were bothering, but not a computer. But it's a moot point anyway at least for me because the truck has been here for a couple of months now, so all is well :)