Blue Cruise

Gpf2ez

I saw someone in the order tracking forum mention that 801 trucks are being held for a Jan update that will add Blue Cruise.  

I can not reply to comments in that section yet since my account here is new so I thought I would post here.

Has anyone heard of Blue Cruise being added to the SD?  Everything I have seen only shows it on some F150's and Mach-E.

Although Blue Cruise sounds cool, it's still only a Level-2 semi-autonomous driving. Which means you still must keep your eyes on the road and ready to take over at any time. In which case I may as well be holding onto the wheel anyway. Perhaps when they get to level 4 or 5 autonomous (not available in the US at all yet), then I might feel comfortable letting my hands off the wheel. That's going to be a few years down the road.

6 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

Although Blue Cruise sounds cool, it's still only a Level-2 semi-autonomous driving. Which means you still must keep your eyes on the road and ready to take over at any time. In which case I may as well be holding onto the wheel anyway. Perhaps when they get to level 4 or 5 autonomous (not available in the US at all yet), then I might feel comfortable letting my hands off the wheel. That's going to be a few years down the road.

I can understand your feelings but even level 2 would be nice on long drives.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

I keep my hands on the wheel. The benefit of BC as I see it is the vehicle sucks at sensing when your hands are on the wheel. With ACC I am constantly nagged about keeping my hands on the wheel when they are. I have to make a point of tugging the wheel from time to time so it knows. BC eliminates the nag. 

Edited by sullynd

23 hours ago, sullynd said:

I keep my hands on the wheel. The benefit of BC as I see it is the vehicle sucks at sensing when your hands are on the wheel. With ACC I am constantly nagged about keeping my hands on the wheel when they are. I have to make a point of tugging the wheel from time to time so it knows. BC eliminates the nag. 

This is a good point. I run into this all the time on the wife's Explorer.

13 minutes ago, CBears said:

I really enjoy driving. I can’t imagine wanting the vehicle to drive for me. I’m even annoyed when my dads car tries to correct me when I forget to blinker when changing lanes. 

That is the beauty of these systems. Those that want it can use it, those that do not can turn it off.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 10:54 AM, SpartanFan23 said:

might be a dumb question, but what is an 801 vehicle?

It’s the high package on the Raptor.  

On 1/13/2022 at 12:38 PM, sullynd said:

I hope so, I hate the nanny notifications. 

4 hours ago, CBears said:

I really enjoy driving. I can’t imagine wanting the vehicle to drive for me. I’m even annoyed when my dads car tries to correct me when I forget to blinker when changing lanes. 

So do I, but we go on quite a few long road trips, and I think it will be nice for that.  

3 hours ago, cmk1981 said:

Not sure how the SD would get it because of the lack of electric power steering. 

And my 22 Superduty has the same camera/radar system as my 2017 Raptor, which isn’t sufficient for Bluecruise I believe.