Ranger Raptor Spy shots

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTICE

A DMCA take down notice was filed against this topic and seven images were removed - edited @ 10.35 AM 14 January 2022.

"The images on this forum page:

Are being used without the permission or authorization of Motor1 (.com). Please remove them from your website immediately.

Regards,

Seyth Miersma
Editor in Chief
E seyth.miersma@motor1 (.com)
www.motor1.com
5972.NE 4th.Avenue | Miami | FL 33137"

END NOTICE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Removed

2. Removed

3. Removed

4. Removed

5. Removed

6. Removed

7. Removed

Ranger6g.com Has some pics of a different truck. It has some bed rails and the thing behind the cab like the ROW wildtrak ranger has.next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-7-jp

Edited by robertlane
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Really liking how this looks. Has a nice stance to it. Does anyone know if those are 33’s or 35’s? They look like 33’s to me but it’s hard to tell. Those tailpipes tucked in the bumper are pretty cool.

Raptor has 33”

• Like 1

Hard to see in the above photos but there are recent photos on other sites (ranger6G for one) that clearly show it has retained the Watts link rear suspension from the current ROW Ranger Raptor. That is a good thing IMO. Better than the Panhard bar for this application although that is used on the Bronco. With the Panhard bar having it's upper pivot point attached to one side of the frame and the lower pivot point attached to the axle on the opposite side, the axle shifts slightly side-to-side as it travels up and down. The Watts link eliminates that since there are a total of five pivot points, one on each frame rail and three at the center of the axle.

Which brings up another interesting fact which is that the Ranger Raptor uses a rear axle with a removable center section, similar to the old 9" Ford. That adds more strength at the center pivot of the Watts link since it is attached to a more solid point than if the axle had a removable cover plate on the back side which I believe is what the Bronco and the current NA Ranger use. Based on the second photo from ranger6G it does not appear as though they switched to a Watts link on the Bronco Raptor as it looks to still have a removable rear cover on the axle. As was explained on the ranger6G forum, the Panhard bar design does allow for more articulation so that might be a good reason to retain it on the Bronco.

Another interesting side point is that those would need to be some interesting tailpipes for them to snake through all that. I'm betting the exhaust splits after the axle which is how it was done on my '89 Thunderbird SC. On the current ROW Ranger Raptor the exhaust dumps under the bed and before the rear axle.

next-ranger-raptor-drops-heavy-camo-13.jpg

2023 Ford Ranger Raptor & Bronco Raptor Prototypes 2.jpeg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Sorry, Ranger Raptor has 33”

With the full-size raptor bow coming with optional 37s, it would be cool to see ford offer the ranger raptor with 35s. Maybe as an option for this ranger raptor r that's apparently being considered. A ranger with 35s and a v8 would be pretty sick, especially for a truck in the midsized segment.

• Like 3

Finally some clear shots, as it has been hinted that THIS would understandably go up in price, to distance itself from P703N Raptor below it.

195514462_ford_f-150_raptor_307(2).thumb.jpeg.507d5253d8088615667a149c5c80c9cb.jpeg

The basic 800A package had to be consolidated into the mid-grade 801A for 2021, to increase the price from $56,440 to $64,145.

Doing that means this can comfortably start around $40-45k, if offered in 3 packages as 400A/401A/402A. Possibly even undercut the overpriced Tacoma TRD Pro with 400A with non-leather sport seats and less tech. Toyota's new TRD Pro won't be available until sometime in 2024 at earliest.

Edited by JX1

1 hour ago, JX1 said:

Finally some clear shots, as it has been hinted that THIS would understandably go up in price, to distance itself from P703N Raptor below it.

195514462_ford_f-150_raptor_307(2).thumb.jpeg.507d5253d8088615667a149c5c80c9cb.jpeg

The basic 800A package had to be consolidated into the mid-grade 801A for 2021, to increase the price from $56,440 to $64,145.

Doing that means this can comfortably start around $40-45k, if offered in 3 packages as 400A/401A/402A. Possibly even undercut the overpriced Tacoma TRD Pro with 400A with non-leather sport seats and less tech. Toyota's new TRD Pro won't be available until sometime in 2024 at earliest.

It was a substantial increase from Gen2 to Gen3, so they have plenty of room for the Ranger version.   The disappointing aspect of that price increase is they hardly touched the motor, with many expecting the HP to be over 500 as the base model.  

I’m suspecting a Tremor Ranger will be expected to compete at the TRD Pro price point and keep the Raptor version above the TRD, unless the Pro model is expected to have a performance engine in addition to suspension.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tbone said:

I’m suspecting a Tremor Ranger will be expected to compete at the TRD Pro price point and keep the Raptor version above the TRD, unless the Pro model is expected to have a performance engine in addition to suspension.  

Ranger

XLT FX4 - $38,130

XLT Tremor - $42,795

Lariat Tremor - $47,170

Tacoma

TRD Off Road - $39,410

TRD Pro - $49,855 

Colorado

ZR2 $45,740

I agreed with you until I looked at the prices of each model. There’s a big gap in price between the xlt tremor and the pro. The Lariat Tremor comes a bit closer, and honestly I haven’t compared specs to see which one the Pro is more similar too. I was guessing the raptor would start around $50k.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tbone said:

It was a substantial increase from Gen2 to Gen3, so they have plenty of room for the Ranger version.   The disappointing aspect of that price increase is they hardly touched the motor, with many expecting the HP to be over 500 as the base model.  

Yes, which is what I noted. What I failed to elaborate more on, was criticisms and complaints about the price of the 2021 F-150 Raptor going up.

I knew immediately WHY Ford did that, but the average complainer didn't in lacking insight. I also didn't expect any power increase for 2021, because Raptor R might not be as lofty as some think it will be and might be more attainable. Ford is probably done with massaging that 3.5 HO engine, with the onslaught of BEV development.

A bombshell I also drop today from my Ford contact, is the "P800" replaces the P702 Ford F-150 Lightning come 2025. That's the chassis code for the truck on TE1, which I haven't seen anywhere publicly. P736 is the next F-150 (2026), which I was first shown back in October. He never went public on that I guess.

The Ranger Raptor needs to be around $45k in base form and top out around $60k, to hit the mark. The outgoing 800A Raptor was $53k, so a Ranger costing as much as it in base seems like a lose-lose. 

Toyota are probably developing a hybridized 2.4L turbo I4 application for the next TRD Pro and upper trim level 2024 Tacomas.

A detuned 3.4TT V6 putting out roughly 348 hp, might also be possibility. Neither will match the 3.0L TT in the Ranger Raptor. Ford has a chance dominate with the P703 and P703N, via hybrid and V6 power.

toyota-pickup-ev.thumb.jpg.df5444735f7bfd732f551d2e7a2ea97f.jpg

Edited by JX1

On 1/14/2022 at 12:59 PM, T-dubz said:

Ranger

XLT FX4 - $38,130

XLT Tremor - $42,795

Lariat Tremor - $47,170

Tacoma

TRD Off Road - $39,410

TRD Pro - $49,855 

Colorado

ZR2 $45,740

I agreed with you until I looked at the prices of each model. There’s a big gap in price between the xlt tremor and the pro. The Lariat Tremor comes a bit closer, and honestly I haven’t compared specs to see which one the Pro is more similar too. I was guessing the raptor would start around $50k.

TRD Pro is pretty much fully loaded so comparable to Lariat Tremor. The issue here is Tremor (and FX4) are packages that can be added to different Ranger trim levels. Whereas TRD Pro offers both hardware upgrade AND more equipment.

This is a rough comparison of Tacoma vs. Ranger trim levels

SR <--> XL / STX

SR5 <--> XLT 300A

TRD Sport <--> XLT 301A with FX2 or FX4

TRD Off Road <--> XLT 301A with Tremor 

Limited <--> Lariat

TRD Pro <--> Lariat with Tremor

25 minutes ago, bzcat said:

TRD Pro is pretty much fully loaded so comparable to Lariat Tremor. The issue here is Tremor (and FX4) are packages that can be added to different Ranger trim levels. Whereas TRD Pro offers both hardware upgrade AND more equipment.

This is a rough comparison of Tacoma vs. Ranger trim levels

SR <--> XL / STX

SR5 <--> XLT 300A

TRD Sport <--> XLT 301A with FX2 or FX4

TRD Off Road <--> XLT 301A with Tremor 

Limited <--> Lariat

TRD Pro <--> Lariat with Tremor

And any potential future Raptor will be one trim above Lariat