Ranger Raptor Spy shots

5 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Now, if they could shoehorn the 3.5 in there you could have something truly insane. 

This is probably way more likely than the 5.0 V8 Ranger.

Although in practice, Ford can just turn up the boost on 3.0 EB if it wants to make more power instead of engineering yet another engine drivetrain combo. That's the whole point of turbo... power on demand. 

• Like 1

On the next gen Ranger body, does anyone know what the extent of aluminum body panels will be? I've read that the Bronco uses AL for almost all of the bolt on body parts (hood, fenders, doors and tailgate). About the only steel body parts are in the cabin floor structure. What about the next gen Ranger? 

I'm curious what, if anything, Ford has done about weight reduction on the Ranger. I've been discussing this on ranger6g and one of the members quoted the weight of his current gen Ranger Raptor and it is substantially heavier than my '18 4x4 Supercrew F-150 with the 5.0L which seems unimaginable.

7 hours ago, blksn8k2 said:

On the next gen Ranger body, does anyone know what the extent of aluminum body panels will be? I've read that the Bronco uses AL for almost all of the bolt on body parts (hood, fenders, doors and tailgate). About the only steel body parts are in the cabin floor structure. What about the next gen Ranger? 

I'm curious what, if anything, Ford has done about weight reduction on the Ranger. I've been discussing this on ranger6g and one of the members quoted the weight of his current gen Ranger Raptor and it is substantially heavier than my '18 4x4 Supercrew F-150 with the 5.0L which seems unimaginable.

Raptors have a bunch of stuff on them that make them heavier. The f150 raptor is 800 lbs heavier than a supercrew with the 3.5. The current gen ranger raptor also has a Diesel engine which would make it heavier as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2022 at 5:44 PM, T-dubz said:

Raptors have a bunch of stuff on them that make them heavier. The f150 raptor is 800 lbs heavier than a supercrew with the 3.5. The current gen ranger raptor also has a Diesel engine which would make it heavier as well.

Sorry, but none of that is breaking news. What about the next gen Ranger and Ranger Raptor?

This may have been covered already but there were some interesting tidbits from the Ford Performance coverage of the Bronco Raptor that could also have some bearing on the next gen Ranger Raptor.

First of all, and I fully realize this statement is more about the current Raptor models, this statement does nothing to ease my doubts about whether or not North America will ever get a Ranger Raptor:

"With the addition of Bronco Raptor, Ford once again expands its Raptor high-performance off road vehicle franchise, which also includes F-150 Raptor for North America and Ranger Raptor for global markets."

Then there was this statement that should end the debate about the construction of the 3.0L EcoBoost which will also supposedly be the powerplant for the next gen Ranger Raptor:

"To give Bronco Raptor even more desert-running power, the Ford powertrain team developed  the proven twin-turbo 3.0-liter EcoBoost® engine with specific Raptor-level tuning to meet Ford  Performance standards. With a target of more than 400 horsepower*, Bronco Raptor will be the  most powerful street-legal Bronco ever, with intercooling and air-induction systems designed to  endure the higher ambient desert temperatures.  

For higher-speed desert capabilities or crawling over rocks, the compacted graphite iron-block engine, which saves weight while providing strength for added durability, is paired with a 10- speed SelectShift™ automatic transmission tuned to meet Ford Performance standards. A true  dual-exhaust system, featuring first-for-Bronco active-valve technology, uses near-equal-length  pipes for an improved exhaust note. The system allows drivers to alter the sound of their Bronco  Raptor with four selectable exhaust modes, including Normal, Sport, Quiet and Baja."

https://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/media-room/2022/1/bronco-raptor.html?cid=PRODDM408958&bid=1560964594

1 hour ago, blksn8k2 said:

This may have been covered already but there were some interesting tidbits from the Ford Performance coverage of the Bronco Raptor that could also have some bearing on the next gen Ranger Raptor.

First of all, and I fully realize this statement is more about the current Raptor models, this statement does nothing to ease my doubts about whether or not North America will ever get a Ranger Raptor:

"With the addition of Bronco Raptor, Ford once again expands its Raptor high-performance off road vehicle franchise, which also includes F-150 Raptor for North America and Ranger Raptor for global markets."

Then there was this statement that should end the debate about the construction of the 3.0L EcoBoost which will also supposedly be the powerplant for the next gen Ranger Raptor:

"To give Bronco Raptor even more desert-running power, the Ford powertrain team developed  the proven twin-turbo 3.0-liter EcoBoost® engine with specific Raptor-level tuning to meet Ford  Performance standards. With a target of more than 400 horsepower*, Bronco Raptor will be the  most powerful street-legal Bronco ever, with intercooling and air-induction systems designed to  endure the higher ambient desert temperatures.  

For higher-speed desert capabilities or crawling over rocks, the compacted graphite iron-block engine, which saves weight while providing strength for added durability, is paired with a 10- speed SelectShift™ automatic transmission tuned to meet Ford Performance standards. A true  dual-exhaust system, featuring first-for-Bronco active-valve technology, uses near-equal-length  pipes for an improved exhaust note. The system allows drivers to alter the sound of their Bronco  Raptor with four selectable exhaust modes, including Normal, Sport, Quiet and Baja."

https://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/media-room/2022/1/bronco-raptor.html?cid=PRODDM408958&bid=1560964594

Don't read anything into them still cleaning it as global only. Ford denied the Maverick name up until a couple days prior to the reveal, even though everyone knew it was to be named Maverick for a year. 

There is no way Ford would inadvertently announce a Ranger raptor while introducing the bronco raptor.  The article was simply stating the Bronco raptor would join the other 2 raptors already available and not replace either one.  Nothing about future raptors.