Ranger Raptor Spy shots

An everest raptor sounds nice. I still think ford should bring everest here. I like the bronco as much as the next guy, but I’d probably never take the top or doors off.  The everest gives you a quieter interior with more options/features, more storage and probably a lower price. Make the Everest only 2 rows for North America and maybe it would not compete with the explorer as much and would act more like an edge replacement.

• Like 3

While that sounds like a good plan, I know that Ford has no plans to bring Everest to North America, me thinks MAP will be flat out with Bronco and Everest.

A degree of regionalisation is good for the company but with BEVs fast approaching, maybe another ICE SUV simply splits existing sales…..

Edited by jpd80

2 hours ago, Anthony said:

Everest

It’s been something Ford has wanted to do after the success of Ranger Raptor, Everest and Raptor are built down the same line and share lots of parts. The main obstacle was apply the  wheel arch extensions to the rear quarters, that’s been solved in the new Everest.

59 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

An everest raptor sounds nice. I still think ford should bring everest here. I like the bronco as much as the next guy, but I’d probably never take the top or doors off.  The everest gives you a quieter interior with more options/features, more storage and probably a lower price. Make the Everest only 2 rows for North America and maybe it would not compete with the explorer as much and would act more like an edge replacement.

It should come in as a Lincoln.

10 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Nope Its still there and other people can see it?!

9 hours ago, akirby said:

I see it.

Must be on my end then. I use 2017 Apple iMac desktop computer with Firefox browser and its add block plug-in. At first, I thought perhaps it's the plug-in that prevented the photo from showing if it was linked from 3rd party links like FB, Instagram, or Twitter. I seen some posts where the embedded Instagram or Twitter link's preview photo would be grayed out but link would still allow me to go to the actual post onto the 3rd party site to view the post. Regular HTTP text links still works though. But I don't see that with the 'Image' post whether the add on plug-in was on or even temporarily disabled. So I'm thinking it's something on my end. But that's okay though.

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

Ford authority says the ranger raptor will have an msrp of $52,489.40. Wonder if that’s including destination or not. It’s a bit more than what I was thinking but doesn’t seem unreasonable. 

https://fordauthority.com/2022/02/2023-ford-ranger-raptor-price-revealed-for-u-s-market-exclusive/

It's a year from production. I doubt Ford has finalized pricing. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, T-dubz said:

Someone had previously asked about the raptors weight. Ford authority came out with an article that had some stats in it.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/02/2023-ford-ranger-raptor-will-be-lighter-than-current-model-exclusive/

the 2021 ranger raptor weighs 5238 and the 2023 will weigh 5163 per the article.

Incorrect, the current Ranger Raptor with alloy block I-4 diesel weighs 5,163 lbs,

https://www.carexpert.com.au/ford/ranger/2021-raptor-20-4x4-f9e95826

the Ranger Raptor X is an optioned up Raptor, that one is slightly heavier, 2376 kg/ 5,227 lb

that comes from a ford brochure….maybe the 5,238 lb figure mentioned is a red herring…….

https://www.ford.com.au/content/dam/Ford/website-assets/ap/au/nameplate/ranger-2019/overview/brochure/Ranger_MY2021.75_eBrochure.pdf

Edited by jpd80

15 minutes ago, blksn8k2 said:

Has Ford released those numbers yet? All I have seen is mention of the bed width increase but nothing on the cab interior.

Roof is wider and doors are set out further than current shell…extra 2” of track width masks that a bit.

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

Roof is wider and doors are set out further than current shell…extra 2” of track width masks that a bit.

Not saying I don't buy that jpd but I do find it a bit odd that if Ford has actually increased interior volume you would think they would have at least mentioned it somewhere in their press releases. It's kind of a big deal...actually it's probably at least as important as the fact that they increased the space between the rear wheel wells and they have mentioned that. As a matter of fact, they seem to be attributing the increased inside width of the bed floor more to the fact that they moved the rear shocks outboard of the frame rails than anything else.

The only thing I have seen so far that gives me much hope is this sentence from their Nov 24th press release:

“Widening the truck by 50 mm may not seem like a lot, but it makes a huge difference, especially in the cargo box. It means that customers will be able to load flat some pretty fundamental items, such as a sheet of building plywood or a full-size pallet,” Hall said. 

Are we supposed to assume from that that the interior is also wider? About the only things they have put much emphasis on regarding the interior are electronic and storage upgrades which are no doubt important but I would surely hope they would also be mentioning something that the Ranger hasn't exactly "measured up to" when compared to its direct competition.

Or is the real problem that the rest of the world cares more about the width of the bed than us fat-assed Americans??

I suspect that they’re holding back interior dimensions until the Ranger Raptor reveal on Monday, we still don‘t have full details on the V6 diesel or what engine is in the Ranger Raptor, so you can bet there will be also remaining dimensions there too…

Edited by jpd80