Ranger Raptor Spy shots

Confirmation on the Ford Performance site:

"European Ranger enthusiasts have special reason to celebrate as the all-new Ranger Raptor is the first model from the Next-Gen Ranger line-up to be launched in Europe, with customer deliveries starting in the final quarter of 2022."

https://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/media-room/2022/2/ranger-raptor-reveal.html?cid=PRODDM446237&bid=1589941992

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Stopped at the local Ford dealer today and asked what they knew about the Ranger Raptor. As expected, not much, but I did get my name at the top of the list for when they do have any ordering info since they claimed I was the first to ask about it. This part sounded like more hot air but they also said they expect they will only get an allocation of one Ranger Raptor for the first model year which would of course include markups.

7 hours ago, blksn8k2 said:

Stopped at the local Ford dealer today and asked what they knew about the Ranger Raptor. As expected, not much, but I did get my name at the top of the list for when they do have any ordering info since they claimed I was the first to ask about it. This part sounded like more hot air but they also said they expect they will only get an allocation of one Ranger Raptor for the first model year which would of course include markups.

For Australian market, deliveries of new Ranger are suffering delays until the second half of the year when Ford promises to make up arrears, we’ll see…

If  US Ranger Raptor is delayed, Ford should look at offering a 2.7 V6 Sport trim with lots of extras. I think that may win a lot of buyers, especially if Ford was to offer a dealer fit tune kit…..

Edited by jpd80

14 hours ago, blksn8k2 said:

For this market a 2.7 Tremor would sell like hotcakes. I guess I will be surprised if the 2.7 is even an option.

Precisely, around 400 lb ft of torque is a ton more than the 2.3 and gives a V8 like kick off the mark

Another engine  option stuck behind a paywall, only available in higher trims?

Similar to Australia, v6 powerstroke relocating to South Africa and production limited to 29,000 units/year…..

On 5/27/2022 at 4:19 AM, blksn8k2 said:

For this market a 2.7 Tremor would sell like hotcakes. I guess I will be surprised if the 2.7 is even an option.

That would be very popular option I think.

Although given that Toyota is going to give up the V6 and going with hybrid for next gen Tacoma, I think that's where Ford is headed as well with Ranger... 2.3 EB hybrid or PHEV will likely be the upgrade power option. 

I talked to one of the Ford engineers at the Carlisle All Ford Nats on Saturday. They had a Bronco Raptor on display and I asked if he knew what the power ratings would be on the Ranger Raptor and if they would be the same as the Bronco Raptor. He said he had no knowledge of that and stated that all of the Ranger Raptor development work was being done in Australia. I suppose I already knew some of that but was hoping the North American team would have some idea of what those numbers were. My guess is they probably do but can't share them just yet.

I also read on another forum that the Bronco Raptor does not share the same wheel bolt pattern as other Broncos and Rangers which is 6x139.7. It supposedly uses the same pattern as the F-150 which is actually smaller at 6x135. I hope that's true and that it carries over to the Ranger Raptor since I have a set of 2019 F-150 Raptor wheels on my '18 F-150. I also have an extra set of 285/70-R17 BFG All-Terrain TA KO2s (Jeep Rubicon takeoffs) which just so happen to be the exact same tire as used on the next gen Ranger Raptor for other markets. I've been hesitant to mount those tires on the Raptor wheels but if I knew that the Ranger Raptor will come with the F-150 bolt pattern I would probably do that knowing I could also use them on a RR in the future. Can anyone confirm the bolt pattern on the current RR? jpd?

I think I found the answer about the current gen Ranger Raptor wheel bolt pattern. According to this website it is the same as all other Rangers at 6x139.5 mm (6x5.5 in). Of course that doesn't mean the next gen will be the same but I doubt it will change since it doesn't appear to use the same axles as the Bronco Raptor.

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/ford/ranger/2020/ 

On 6/10/2022 at 3:27 AM, blksn8k2 said:

I think I found the answer about the current gen Ranger Raptor wheel bolt pattern. According to this website it is the same as all other Rangers at 6x139.5 mm (6x5.5 in). Of course that doesn't mean the next gen will be the same but I doubt it will change since it doesn't appear to use the same axles as the Bronco Raptor.

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/ford/ranger/2020/ 

All the same, no change on new products.