Looking for Available SD

RCorsa

So, gotta be honest... I'm guilty of not reading all the forum rules yet. So I'm going to assume linking other forums is a no-no so will just use names, apologies in advance.

That said, the Ford Tremor (dot com) forums -- their "Ford Tremor Purchasing" forum has two threads where someone bought a truck they don't want. I think both are platinum and both are gas 7.3 not diesel -- but hey, getting a Tremor even at MSRP right now is next to impossible. It'd be a truck while you wait on the one you order, nonetheless.

Short of that, what I do when I'm looking is open up auto trader and just detail out the search. I don't use the word Tremor, I just look for F250's and F350's - then filter by great deal and look for ones that are Tremors. The reason I suggest doing it that way is because dealers don't always describe their vehicles well. And, yes, shockingly -- I've seen many that left Tremor out of the vehicle description. I ignore anything without pictures or that have default/factory images because for all I know they are 'on order' but showing up in inventory and probably a COVP order that you can't buy anyway. Also doing it this way filters out bad VINs. You want the VIN so you can pull the Window Sticker to see what the vehicle actually has. I don't know about you - but I don't want a diesel without rapid heat. It's $250 and even if you lived in south Florida it's absurd not to have. Plus, it also filters out overpriced vehicles -- there ARE good deals out there. Even on Tremor's -- if you're willing to drive. I've seen a few for sale new even, if you'll drive. You got to be willing to drive and got to be willing to buy it over the phone because I've seen a couple sell within hours of posting. Had one local to me show up on a dealer lot with a $15k over MSRP markup and it was gone within hours -- I just wanted to test drive the thing and didn't even get a chance.

Anyway, good luck to ya!

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, NedFletcher said:

I did not see it posted in the thread, but I might have missed it.

When using the ford inventory search tool you can click up in the address bar and change the mile search range to 500 and it works fine. Then you just have to search like Portland and LA to get the west coast covered.

It stops around 126 miles.

Good to know, thanks!

Will be useful in continuing my search for a CCLB 7.3 with 360 cameras.

I typed the above and then attempted a search. When I'm doing a search using my local zip in Eugene, OR it shows me trucks in Spokane, WA when I have it set to 500 mi. Distance between those is 460mi.

I have tried the search function many times with little luck.  Most of the trucks that are "available", really aren't.  The majority are orders that are pre-sold.

I have a '21 F150 with max tow but looking at the 6.7 Tremor for a tow vehicle with retirement in the sights :).

I did place an order for a new build 1/5, but who knows when that may actually happen!

1 hour ago, ChuckDiesel said:

Retail meaning it's for a customer already, not a stock order for the lot? What color would the stock order window stickers be?

Stock order Window Stickers are blue. Retail customer order Window Stickers are green. 

Ford_New Retail Order Vehicle Labeling_2016-07-01.pdf

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Thanks 1