Ordering a super duty with xplan

Truss57

Are dealers taking xplan for Super Duty’s?  Are they allowed to add a service fee for placing and xplan order?  How can I insure the xplan price I receive is what I will pay when I receive  the truck months from now?  Are there other discounts available today in “addition” to xplan? 

My dealer accepted x plan with zero issues.  They are a smaller local dealer whom I have purchased many cars from as well as referred many friends there as well.  Maybe that makes a difference, but they were more than happy to help me with my order.  Now if the truck ever shows up is another question....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Can’t speak to which dealers offer it but if they accept it they can’t add fees other than a $100 doc fee and they are required to show you the invoice with the x plan price.  You can also see x plan prices online where you get your pin.

I wasn’t aware of the no additional fees with X plan pricing.  I have ordered a truck that was right at X plan pricing, but they added dealer fees, so I went with it.  Going to have to find out what my options are now.

I also ordered at X plan pricing, as quoted above, Doc fees are capped at $100.

I was shown the invoice with the X plan pricing as well.

Ordered on 10/25/2021......Still waiting for VIN and Build date.

I ordered F350 Platinum Star White SRW with 6.7 Power Stroke LBCC 4x4, 5th Wheel Prep, Spray in Liner and Retractable Tonneau Cover

I do not want to give up any of the above options, hence the wait.

Just call dealers and ask them if they will order a truck on the x-plan. Not all dealers are participating. 

Yes they can charge 100 in fees plus the 275.00 for the xplan. 

You can insure the price you pay by signing an agreement with them. You can write anything you want on paper and have them sign it if they agree to it. That’s the easiest way to assure your future satisfaction. 

The only other discounts are for military and first responders. There is a 750.00 student offer but I can’t get a straight answer on whether it applies to Super Duty. It isn’t on the list of approved or prohibited vehicles. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Truss57 said:

Is the $275 for the dealer or does that go to Ford? 

Its just part of the formula that calculates the X plan price.  You can just ignore it - the price is the price and what you pay goes to the dealer.  Dealer pays Ford separately just like every other sale.  The only difference is Ford gives the dealer an extra spiff check on a plan sale.

1 hour ago, JWflorida said:

When does the price become locked in. My dealer wants to charge me more based on production/delivery date vs. order date.  Or is the date that the VIN is assigned when the price becomes locked. Thanks for any insight. 

Order date.  Any dealer that doesn’t know that shouldn’t be a dealer.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, JWflorida said:

When does the price become locked in. My dealer wants to charge me more based on production/delivery date vs. order date.  Or is the date that the VIN is assigned when the price becomes locked. Thanks for any insight. 

See post from 1 hour ago on page 196 of forum 2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion from Ice-Capades.  It has a Ford email to dealers about the price increase and price protection.  This should give you some leverage.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2022 at 1:25 AM, akirby said:

Order date.  Any dealer that doesn’t know that shouldn’t be a dealer.

Got the call this morning and picked up my truck this evening.  I had to show the sales manager the printout that “ice” posted a few days back regarding price protection and the manager called their regional rep. They figured it out.  He said he didn’t know about that and this was the first time he has done this in 8 years as an employee. ??

Glad it worked out and thankful for the knowledge on this forum.  

• Like 2

I placed an order for a F350 Tremor KR in December. My dealer sent me the order detail and I got the confirmation from Ford. The order does not show my Xplan pricing. I have asked my dealer why and the gen mgr states the Xplan pricing doesn’t show until the order is completed. Not sure what that means.   I see many other forum members with their Xplan pricing clearly shown.  I don’t trust my dealer at all and I fear they are purposely not showing it so when it’s delivered and full price I will not take it and they can sell it for full price plus a market adjustment. Should be able to get a price sheet with XPlan?

8 hours ago, Powerstrokelvr said:

I placed an order for a F350 Tremor KR in December. My dealer sent me the order detail and I got the confirmation from Ford. The order does not show my Xplan pricing. I have asked my dealer why and the gen mgr states the Xplan pricing doesn’t show until the order is completed. Not sure what that means.   I see many other forum members with their Xplan pricing clearly shown.  I don’t trust my dealer at all and I fear they are purposely not showing it so when it’s delivered and full price I will not take it and they can sell it for full price plus a market adjustment. Should be able to get a price sheet with XPlan?

BS. The X Plan price is available in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system before the order is even submitted to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank). The Dealer simply has to select the option to show the Plan pricing in the Preview Order display. 

WBDO_Plan Price Display_Selection.jpg

WBDO_Plan Price Display.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

30 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

BS. The X Plan price is available in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system before the order is even submitted to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank). The Dealer simply has to select the option to show the Plan pricing in the Preview Order display.

This has been my experience as well.  A few different dealers all printed the a/z, d, and x plan prices along with MSRP or MSRP + invoice.  Thanks to ice-capades we now know it's fully customizable. 

Since this document is not an invoice or buyer's sales order, I put my x-plan pin on the copy I signed.  My dealer didn't sign anything so I still have to trust them.  I have an email where they said they will honor x-plan and this document with x-plan pricing listed. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

On 1/14/2022 at 10:16 AM, ChuckDiesel said:

What's the ballpark difference between dealer invoice cost and the x-plan pricing?

With Price protection from order date and Xplan pricing I walked away, (72 days after receiving truck) with a very nice check.   Here is the adjustment invoice, see Net Adjustment.  Basically when I got the truck they gave me x plan price on invoiced vehicle when it was built.   Then adjusted giving me xplan price from order date which resulted in refund check.

IMG_2601 copy.jpg

Edited by RFT2112

When we purchased a Lincoln for my wife last summer, using X Plan, the dealer listed a $695 in Doc fees.  I reminded the salesperson that doc fees were capped at $100. The dealer adjusted the doc fees down to $100.  Under X Plan they may charge up to $100. They don't have to, but they will.

If you order a vehicle with the X-Plan or other plan, make sure that they apply your PIN to the order and check the box for X-Plan with Price Protection. It just took me 3 months to get an X-Plan refund because my PIN wasn't applied to my original order. Got Price Protection in 7 weeks.