Ordering a super duty with xplan

Truss57

1 hour ago, rudy777 said:

If you order a vehicle with the X-Plan or other plan, make sure that they apply your PIN to the order and check the box for X-Plan with Price Protection. It just took me 3 months to get an X-Plan refund because my PIN wasn't applied to my original order. Got Price Protection in 7 weeks.

I don’t think there is a place to check x plan on the order.  The pin isn’t required until the transaction is completed.   Are you talking about the actual sales documentation at delivery time?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akirby said:

I don’t think there is a place to check x plan on the order.  The pin isn’t required until the transaction is completed.   Are you talking about the actual sales documentation at delivery time?

But when they create your DORA, they have to select plan pricing, otherwise these numbers won't populate.

HRG

DORA X-plan.JPG

Ok but that just displays all the plan prices.  I do t see how that could trigger x plan price protection at order time because you don’t know if it’s a z d or x.  That’s all sorted out at delivery.  I honestly do t know for sure just trying to reason it out.

1 hour ago, rottekatz1 said:

You do not have to order a vehicle to get X Plan. If you qualify for X Plan pricing, you can buy one off of the lot. Once you sign into the Partners site, you can search dealer inventory and the prices will reflect X Plan and not MSRP.

We know all that but price protection doesn’t apply to stock vehicles x plan or not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Ok but that just displays all the plan prices.  I do t see how that could trigger x plan price protection at order time because you don’t know if it’s a z d or x.  That’s all sorted out at delivery.  I honestly do t know for sure just trying to reason it out.

I'm not sure why you're belaboring this with someone who has purchased using Plan pricing for the last 40 years.  If you don't get the DORA with pricing shown you have no idea what the plan price is AT TIME OF ORDER.  When the dealer invoice is created prior to delivery, it shows all of the Plan prices at the current price level.  The DORA from the order date is the only document to provide protection in the event the price level changes between the date of order and the delivery date.

Take a look at your copy of the invoice you should have received at your last purchase, all (3) Plan prices (A/Z, D & X) are shown.

HRG

3 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

I'm not sure why you're belaboring this with someone who has purchased using Plan pricing for the last 40 years.  If you don't get the DORA with pricing shown you have no idea what the plan price is AT TIME OF ORDER.  When the dealer invoice is created prior to delivery, it shows all of the Plan prices at the current price level.  The DORA from the order date is the only document to provide protection in the event the price level changes between the date of order and the delivery date.

Take a look at your copy of the invoice you should have received at your last purchase, all (3) Plan prices (A/Z, D & X) are shown.

HRG

We’re talking past each other again.  It was implied the only way to get price protection from Ford on a x plan order was if the plan pricing box was checked on the order.  That’s the part I disagreed with.  When the dealer submits to Ford for price protection Ford calculates the rebate based on the original order date and price code.  You get it no matter what was on the Dora.

Now it’s true that the Dora shows you the original x plan price but you could also just write it down or get it on a buyers order or the plan pricing worksheet.  But that’s irrelevant unless the dealer agrees to charge you the original price up front.  If they charge you the current invoiced price and you have to wait for the price protection rebate then it really doesn’t matter since Ford will calculate it and send you the check regardless.

If I’m missing something please point it out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, akirby said:

We’re talking past each other again.  It was implied the only way to get price protection from Ford on a x plan order was if the plan pricing box was checked on the order.  That’s the part I disagreed with.  When the dealer submits to Ford for price protection Ford calculates the rebate based on the original order date and price code.  You get it no matter what was on the Dora.

Now it’s true that the Dora shows you the original x plan price but you could also just write it down or get it on a buyers order or the plan pricing worksheet.  But that’s irrelevant unless the dealer agrees to charge you the original price up front.  If they charge you the current invoiced price and you have to wait for the price protection rebate then it really doesn’t matter since Ford will calculate it and send you the check regardless.

If I’m missing something please point it out.

Certain dealers have been known to feign ignorance on price protection.  Getting the current plan price on the DORA is one way to protect yourself and help keep a dealer honest.  Also getting the plan pricing DORA allows you to sign and make the dealer sign a buy order stating that will be the price at delivery.

18 hours ago, akirby said:

It is actually on the "AXZD-Plans Pricing Agreement" form. It is much easier to get this done at the time of order than the time of delivery.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flying68 said:

Certain dealers have been known to feign ignorance on price protection.  Getting the current plan price on the DORA is one way to protect yourself and help keep a dealer honest.  Also getting the plan pricing DORA allows you to sign and make the dealer sign a buy order stating that will be the price at delivery.

Oh I agree but only if you make them sign it and specify which plan will be used.  So many people just got a Dora printout showing MSRP and assumed that was a purchase agreement.  It’s not.

58 minutes ago, rudy777 said:

It is actually on the "AXZD-Plans Pricing Agreement" form. It is much easier to get this done at the time of order than the time of delivery.

That form doesn’t go to Ford until the deal is done.  It’s a good idea to get it filled out but not mandatory (I’ve done several x plan orders and never had the PIN at order time or filled out the pricing agreement.  But my dealer was trustworthy and I didn’t have to worry about price protection.

All these are good ideas getting the plan price in writing.  But it’s not required to qualify for price protection.

• Like 1

Hi gang. Not sure if this helps in the discussion or not, but the information can certainly help others in the future: When an order is placed, the Dealer can and should provide a copy of the VOC (Vehicle Order Confirmation) to the customer. On that VOC, the Dealer has the ability to print (or delete) the price boxes for the AXZD-Plan pricing.

That VOC can be provided immediately upon placement of the order. In fact, the Dealer can provide a preliminary copy of the VOC to the customer, with the correct plan pricing, before they even place the order. Unfortunately, many Dealerships are either ignorant of this fact, or they feign ignorance in order to play pricing games later.

Good luck.