2023 now officially the last MY for Nautilus.

As per Ford Authority this morning, it is now official that the Oakville built Nautilus will be discontinued after the 2023 MY. 

Sad , as this has been the most trouble free vehicle I have ever owned . 2014, 2016/MKX. 2019, 2021/Nautilus. Fit and finish has always been top notch.  

Yep it’s too bad that they are getting rid of the Edge/Nautilus. I hope they replace the Nautilus with a worthy successor likely in the BEV format. We don’t know when we will stop building them but I suspect around contract time next year or shortly thereafter. 

49 minutes ago, Oacjay98 said:

Yep it’s too bad that they are getting rid of the Edge/Nautilus. I hope they replace the Nautilus with a worthy successor likely in the BEV format. We don’t know when we will stop building them but I suspect around contract time next year or shortly thereafter. 

We’re probably ordering a Nautilus soon.  How many are you guys building these days?

Some days it’s 1 in 4 or 1 in 6. In terms of nautilus edge ratio. I will get more accurate figures and let you know. I hope when you do get your nautilus it’s problem free. We have had weeks in the past year of no nautilus build and only nautilus build because of the chip shortage. I will get more info as some days we build more Nautilus than others.

• Like 2

The employees of Oakville build a trouble free product as far as I am concerned every year.  I am presently on my 4th MKX/ Nautilus , and have never had to lift the hood for anything other than wiper fluid and oil change.  Very comfortable, quiet driving trouble free. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, escapeman said:

The employees of Oakville build a trouble free product as far as I am concerned every year.  I am presently on my 4th MKX/ Nautilus , and have never had to lift the hood for anything other than wiper fluid and oil change.  Very comfortable, quiet driving trouble free. 

I’m glad that you haven’t had any problems with any of the Lincoln’s you have gotten from OAC. That’s good to hear.

12 hours ago, Oacjay98 said:

Some days it’s 1 in 4 or 1 in 6. In terms of nautilus edge ratio. I will get more accurate figures and let you know. I hope when you do get your nautilus it’s problem free. We have had weeks in the past year of no nautilus build and only nautilus build because of the chip shortage. I will get more info as some days we build more Nautilus than others.

So for instance yesterday on my shift in 8 hours 56 Nautilus were built. Today the operator said they need 100 for our shift based on 9 hours production. We will not work 9 hours because the main plant will be down tomorrow and the whole plant next week. So to make a long story short the daily requirements fluctuate as you probably already know.

• 3 months later...
57 minutes ago, ohsown said:

Would that be a 2022 or are you still thinking of waiting for a 23 ?

I found a 2022 that had already been built en route to my local dealer so it should be here this week.  Wife decided she wanted the Ceramic Pearl paint regardless of any new colors for 2023 so it was a no brainer.  I’ll be happy to get rid of the 3.7L in favor of the 2.7L turbo as I’ve gotten used to the ecoboost low end torque on my last two vehicles.  Also getting adaptive cruise and phone as a key in addition to Lincoln Ride Control.

I just purchased a 22 Explorer I got in Nov. A good deal and not a bad vehicle but bigger than I really need. I still like the Nautilus. The 2.7 is a $4,000.00 leap in Canada, plus requires the 201A option which is another $3600.00. As much as I would like it, its a Stupid, Stupid, Stupid amount to get a 2.7. Mind you the 201A does include most bells and whistles but that puts the build at about $68,000.00 Cdn. I have put off a Nautilus for 6 or 7 years now  maybe the 2.0 is livable, so is the Edge but wont scratch the itch.

I have a 21 Nautilus with both the 2.7 as well as the 201a package and live in Ontario.

I had a 19 Nautilus with the 2.0 Turbo as well as the 201a package , and when the lease was up got the 21.  First hand I will tell you that I prefer the Turbo 2.0 to the 2.7 .  The 2.0 is a quieter engine at both acceleration as well as at cruising speed.  The only advantage that the 2.7 has is that it is smoother at idle, and dead silent. The 2.7 is loud at acceleration and everyday driving.   Hands down a 2.0 Nautilus is a much nicer driving car in almost every way. Only reason I got a 2.7 is it was a deal at the time I could not refuse, and can turn in the car after 12 months no questions asked, even with my new lease.  I fully recommend to anyone a Nautilus with the 2.0. 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 6:46 PM, escapeman said:

I have a 21 Nautilus with both the 2.7 as well as the 201a package and live in Ontario.

I had a 19 Nautilus with the 2.0 Turbo as well as the 201a package , and when the lease was up got the 21.  First hand I will tell you that I prefer the Turbo 2.0 to the 2.7 .  The 2.0 is a quieter engine at both acceleration as well as at cruising speed.  The only advantage that the 2.7 has is that it is smoother at idle, and dead silent. The 2.7 is loud at acceleration and everyday driving.   Hands down a 2.0 Nautilus is a much nicer driving car in almost every way. Only reason I got a 2.7 is it was a deal at the time I could not refuse, and can turn in the car after 12 months no questions asked, even with my new lease.  I fully recommend to anyone a Nautilus with the 2.0. 

My wife just got a standard FWD 2.0 2022 Nautilus almost 2 weeks ago. For the way we intend to use the vehicle, the 2.0 is more than adequate. It's noticeably quicker, with lots more low end tq, than the 3.5 Limited Edge it replaced. The only time I notice any engine roughness is when it restarts with the stop n go feature. Otherwise quiet and smooth. And i'm an old hot rodder who likes his power. But this is not that kind of vehicle. We don't intend to tow anything, and don't live where it is hilly. And rarely drive on 2 lane roads, so passing power not of any consideration. And rarely go anywher fully loaded. The 2.0 has more power than most would think. It has a sort of BMW sound (that impresss my grown kids who drive BMW's). I even think it has enough power to handle the extra weight of AWD if I lived in snow country. I'm sure the 2.7 is nice, but if you don't want to pay for it, and the AWD that is required with it, the 2.0 is fine. 

Edited by Ralph Greene

One thing I would mention is front seat comfort. And the contour of the front seats on the standard Nautilus model. I'm 5' 10" and 165 lbs, and the front seats fit me perfectly. Holds me in place just right, without being too snug. If I was a large person, I would check out these seats to make sure you will be comfortable. And maybe the upper levels have wider seat backs. 

Well the Nautilus that was in transit was “accidentally” sold but we test drove the same vehicle with the 2.0 and massage seats and it was fine so we brought it home.  I drove a 2.0L fusion for years so I’m used to it and it feels so much better than our 3.7mkx.  Gave us x plan plus an extra $1k discount for the screwup so almost $4k off MSRP.

27B5C445-BF67-4F54-97CA-BC48D52324D2.jpeg

87D106A1-B8C7-43B8-856E-2E3495E89C70.jpeg

BC6B30C4-BB58-46A5-ABFD-C4A8977148A0.jpeg

Edited by akirby
  • Like 7

Very nice. I drove my brothers Edge with the 2.0 and it was pretty peppy. I now use Eco mode in my 22 Explorer with the 2.3 around town or highway cruising. The need for speed seems to be waning and traffic to heavy for me to be another one of the maroons people shake heads over. I'm not sure I want to make a move so soon after getting this one. Maybe some Ford incentives will get me there!

Congrats and enjoy yours!

• Like 1

On 4/29/2022 at 6:42 PM, akirby said:

Well the Nautilus that was in transit was “accidentally” sold but we test drove the same vehicle with the 2.0 and massage seats and it was fine so we brought it home.  I drove a 2.0L fusion for years so I’m used to it and it feels so much better than our 3.7mkx.  Gave us x plan plus an extra $1k discount for the screwup so almost $4k off MSRP.

27B5C445-BF67-4F54-97CA-BC48D52324D2.jpeg

87D106A1-B8C7-43B8-856E-2E3495E89C70.jpeg

BC6B30C4-BB58-46A5-ABFD-C4A8977148A0.jpeg

You were lucky to get the massaging seats. I tried to order yesterday and my sales adviser said no go.

Edited by MKX1960

4 hours ago, MKX1960 said:

You were lucky to get the massaging seats. I tried to order yesterday and my sales adviser said no 

We waffled on them after hearing people say they hated them, but we love them.  For me the thigh extension and 4 way headrest adjustment help a lot.  

There are plenty in stock - have you checked online inventory?

13 hours ago, akirby said:

We waffled on them after hearing people say they hated them, but we love them.  For me the thigh extension and 4 way headrest adjustment help a lot.  

There are plenty in stock - have you checked online inventory?

I found one 300 miles away that has them and is a 100% match on everything else. I'm going to my dealer tomorrow to see if they can work it out.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had 7 MKXs beginning with the first model year in 2006 and now a Nautilus. Never a single problem with any of them. The current Nautilus has the 2.7L twin turbo V6. It is the best engine I have ever had in any vehicle. Incredible performance, startling acceleration, and unbelievable fuel economy, better than most dinky little 4 cylinders. My overall average is 25 mpg. On trips back and forth to Florida I get over 28 mpg cruising between 70 and 80. I have decided to order one last version, a 2023 Black Label, and keep it for many years. No options. I just hope they don't force the 22-way adjustable seats as part of the package. Everyone I know that has them don't like them, too many valves and bladders and motors, making it near impossible to find a perfect setting. The standard Lincoln seats are superb. I still can't believe Ford/Lincoln deleted the engine covers from all models and expose a horribly ugly mess of plumbing and wires. Even Hyundai/Kia cheapest cars have engine covers. When my 2022 Black Label is ready to trade in 10 years, I truly doubt there will be anything from Lincoln I would desire. Considered a Corsair and GT, but too many reported quality concerns even after over 3 model years.  Nautilus quality is top notch.

Edited by Just-a-nobody
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Just-a-nobody said:

I have had 7 MKXs beginning with the first model year in 2006 and now a Nautilus. Never a single problem with any of them. The current Nautilus has the 2.7L twin turbo V6. It is the best engine I have ever had in any vehicle. Incredible performance, startling acceleration, and unbelievable fuel economy, better than most dinky little 4 cylinders. My overall average is 25 mpg. On trips back and forth to Florida I get over 28 mpg cruising between 70 and 80. I have decided to order one last version, a 2023 Black Label, and keep it for many years. No options. I just hope they don't force the 22-way adjustable seats as part of the package. Everyone I know that has them don't like them, too many valves and bladders and motors, making it near impossible to find a perfect setting. The standard Lincoln seats are superb. I still can't believe Ford/Lincoln deleted the engine covers from all models and expose a horribly ugly mess of plumbing and wires. Even Hyundai/Kia cheapest cars have engine covers. When my 2022 Black Label is ready to trade in 10 years, I truly doubt there will be anything from Lincoln I would desire. Considered a Corsair and GT, but too many reported quality concerns even after over 3 model years.  Nautilus quality is top notch.

The 24 way seats are not standard on black labels so no worries there.  But we just went from the reserve standard seats to the 24 way seats and I find them more comfortable.  We don’t inflate any of the bladders normally.