Order Changes

Does anyone know if order changes “set the clock back” on your original order? I originally ordered a 2022 F250 KR Tremor 6.7 with most available options. I did some research on payload and decided to change my order to an F350 with all other options, packages and trim levels remaining the same. 

Original order date: 12.13.2021 F250

Change order date: 1.10.2022 F350

I called Ford corporate and they could see the order but still showing the 12.13 date. I did get a new order summary to approve from my dealer with all details correct. My priority changed from a 19 on the original order to a 10 on the order change. New to the forum and learning this order process. This will be my first vehicle purchase using this process vs picking something on the lot.

Thanks in advance for any information in reply to this topic.

Here's my experience making a change... I ordered an F350 XL on 8/31, and changed to a Lariat on 11/09, as well as removed some standalone options.

I finally got scheduled today, and Ford's order tracking page shows my order date as 11/09, not 8/31, for whatever that is worth. Changing the trim level changed the order date, so I assume changing the model would as well.

However, they don't seem to be scheduling in chronological order anyway, so it may not hurt. I say make the change and avoid future regret. Good luck!

13 minutes ago, lisadsayre said:

I just changed mine today, upgraded from a lariat to a platinum.  Original order date of 11/12/21.  So far the only news was that Ford had accepted the order the day after it was place back in November.

I never got any confirmation from Ford when I changed my order either, just the updated DORA from the dealer.

I ordered and got scheduled a couple days later, but thought I would have more time.  Well after looking more into lariat value vs ultimate I switched that part of the order.  Because I was scheduled I can look up my order with Ford.  It now says that I’m confirmed but not scheduled and my order date is still my original date.  It no longer shows scheduled for production.  I can attach a screenshot if needed, but this also wasnt a 250 to 350 change just some options.

Hello JC2014,

Short answer, I'd say you may be partially protected since I think prices increased more than once since you ordered, your dealer can honor the original base price due to certain protections mentioned in other threads I think by ice-capades.

Longer answer...

I placed my order for an F350 SRW CCSB Platinum on Dec 7th and prices increased by $1295 on Dec 8th but I was unaware at the time.  I deleted three options on Dec 21 after Ford told dealer I'd have to wait 29 weeks for adaptive steering, spray in bed liner and 5th wheel prep so I deleted those options and got a new build sheet from dealer on Dec 22 and that's when I noticed the base price was increased.  I spoke with sales manager, and he said he'd definitely honor the original base price despite salesman saying I had to pay since I changed.  On Dec 29, I switched my order to King Ranch all the time staying with Rapid Red.  On Jan 4th, I decided to change color from Rapid Red to Antimatter Blue after agonizing over color choices and Ford scheduled for production on Jan 13th.  Sales manager says I'm still price protected by $1295 but then again, I'm paying MSRP since my dealer will not accept any discount programs on newly ordered Super Duty trucks.  I created a thread earlier that went into more detail...

2022 F350 SRW King Ranch CCSB Anitmatter Blue/Stone Gray - F-Series SuperDuty Forum - Blue Oval Forums

• Like 1