2022 MY Ending. Worried 2023 MY could be ugly.

benpack61

Maybe they'll reveal the new one while the 2022s are still being built, then at least you'd have a chance of choosing. From the camouflaged spy photos I've seen most of the body looks the same. Maybe it's just a mild refresh of the front end. I agree though the 2020+ is a great looking truck.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, almostcammy said:

Maybe they'll reveal the new one while the 2022s are still being built, then at least you'd have a chance of choosing. From the camouflaged spy photos I've seen most of the body looks the same. Maybe it's just a mild refresh of the front end. I agree though the 2020+ is a great looking truck.

They always do. new model is usually unveiled late feb with order banks opening mid march. Product of current model typically continues until june/july before they switch.

22MY orders wont convert to 23. You will be required to reorder and there isnt any price protections.

I suspect ford will get all the retail orders built, fleet orders may suffer, and there will certainly be a lot of stock order trucks that get cancelled. I also suspect the "normal" timelines mentioned above will not hold this year and things will likely be pushed closer to 2023.

Edited by mattdm
  • Like 2

With the exception of lights and grille, how can it look much different from the way it currently looks or at least similar to the '21 F-150 as it will presumably still share the cab.  Varying the bends on the body panels a bit will not make much aesthetic difference.  It will not come out looking like a Chevrolet or a Toyota.  Maybe the biggest change will be the interior, particularly the instrument cluster/infotainment stack.

1 hour ago, Truss57 said:

Try to follow on this topic.  Are you saying after I order my 2022 this week I could actually end up with a 2023 by the time I get it?? 

I don't think it works this way.  See above.  I think you have to reorder and start all over.

• Angry 1

17 hours ago, CBears said:

I don't think it works this way.  See above.  I think you have to reorder and start all over.

I don’t know about generation changes, but 21 Superduty orders were converted to 22 models, which had received a significant interior change.  Maybe the 22 model will carry into the early part of 23, since they spent the money updating the interior of the 22, allowing them to spread that change cost out some more.  

4 hours ago, tbone said:

I don’t know about generation changes, but 21 Superduty orders were converted to 22 models, which had received a significant interior change.  Maybe the 22 model will carry into the early part of 23, since they spent the money updating the interior of the 22, allowing them to spread that change cost out some more.  

Very interesting, I did not think this was the case.  I guess I stand corrected.  ?

5 hours ago, tbone said:

significant interior change?

7 hours ago, road turtle said:

significant interior change?

Well I may have overstated significant, but they did revise the center stack in order to included the 12” screen like the new F150, which had to cost a fair amount.  That is why I was so surprised when they announced the arrival of the 23.  

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, 4thTimer said:

Do you have a link for these?

I like the 22 but maybe a few of the F-150 options would be nice like max recline seats?

Here are a few:

https://tfltruck.com/2022/02/2023-ford-super-duty-spied-video/

https://driving.ca/auto-news/news/spied-2023-ford-f-350-super-duty

https://fordauthority.com/2022/01/2023-ford-super-duty-xl-interior-spied-up-close-for-the-first-time/

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Angry Giant said:

Just curious: when does the MY22 production for the F250's end?  Or differently put, what is the last build date you can get in order to receive the MY22 F250?

Thanks

Ford hasn’t released this information afaik.  We won’t even have a guess until Ford shares the timeline for MY23 and/or the new order guide is released.  It’s all speculation at this point.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, txsd said:

Ford hasn’t released this information afaik.  We won’t even have a guess until Ford shares the timeline for MY23 and/or the new order guide is released.  It’s all speculation at this point.

Got it.  Thanks for the information.  I ordered my F250 Tremor, 6.7 on 1/11/22 and am currently "unscheduled-clean".  I hope I get it by summer.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Angry Giant said:

Got it.  Thanks for the information.  I ordered my F250 Tremor, 6.7 on 1/11/22 and am currently "unscheduled-clean".  I hope I get it by summer.

I ordered a day before you and same status here.  My order is an F250 KR 6.7 with none of the known constraints causing the longest delays.  While I’m in no rush to have it delivered, I’m getting a little more impatient than I thought I would!  I haven’t seen many KR 6.7 getting built recently for those that have shared information online, so I think I’m in for a longer wait, but who knows!?

14 minutes ago, txsd said:

I ordered a day before you and same status here.  My order is an F250 KR 6.7 with none of the known constraints causing the longest delays.  While I’m in no rush to have it delivered, I’m getting a little more impatient than I thought I would!  I haven’t seen many KR 6.7 getting built recently for those that have shared information online, so I think I’m in for a longer wait, but who knows!?

Well, I wish you the best of luck.  Mine is the Lariat package, and like you I don't have any of the constraint options either.  Interestingly enough, I texted my sales guy earlier for my "monthly check-in" and he said the status was as I stated above, but that they have a wholesale order on the 15th of this month and that his fingers were crossed.  So I guess mine are too..LOL  I don't even know what the heck that means.

53 minutes ago, txsd said:

I ordered my 7.3 King Ranch in August. Still waiting. No bed liner, AS or some of the other constraints.

52 minutes ago, Angry Giant said:

Well, I wish you the best of luck.  Mine is the Lariat package, and like you I don't have any of the constraint options either.  Interestingly enough, I texted my sales guy earlier for my "monthly check-in" and he said the status was as I stated above, but that they have a wholesale order on the 15th of this month and that his fingers were crossed.  So I guess mine are too..LOL  I don't even know what the heck that means.

I don’t know the process well enough and hopefully someone comes along with detail, but perhaps your dealer is referring to their monthly allocation coming on the 15th?  From what I’ve seen, most scheduling is done during this monthly allocation and then additional orders can be scheduled based on weekly incremental allocations, unless Ford decides to not schedule in a given week, which seems to be more common as of late (3 weeks in a row now for no scheduling of SD).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Denao_53 said:

I ordered my 7.3 King Ranch in August. Still waiting. No bed liner, AS or some of the other constraints.

That’s a bummer man…did you order from a smaller dealer perhaps?  I assume these KR trucks have the most chips needed with all the options.  Although I’ve seen plenty of Platinums being scheduled.