Bronco 2.7L Failures

ffdemoss

3 hours ago, ffdemoss said:

What's the scoop on the number of failed 2.7L being reported on B6G?  Anyone here have some insight?

The first I’ve heard about this, but the 2.7 has been around for quite some time and by all accounts a reliable motor, so that would be surprising. 

In comparison to how many of these engines they make, I'd guess that this falls well under 1% failure rate. I think it's the hyperbole associated with BG6 that this has gotten legs. I hear it's a valve issue. Maybe a bad batch came out? Ford obviously is aware of these and until we get a TSB or recall, we'll have no idea how many engines are effected. 

11 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

In comparison to how many of these engines they make, I'd guess that this falls well under 1% failure rate. I think it's the hyperbole associated with BG6 that this has gotten legs. I hear it's a valve issue. Maybe a bad batch came out? Ford obviously is aware of these and until we get a TSB or recall, we'll have no idea how many engines are effected. 

Agree.  Just interested if anyone in this community had some info to share.  As a 2.7L Bronco owner, it be nice to know if I'm on borrowed time.

• 4 months later...
On 1/14/2022 at 9:00 PM, ffdemoss said:

What's the scoop on the number of failed 2.7L being reported on B6G?  Anyone here have some insight?

I do not know the number of failed engines, but Ford estimates the engine defect affects 25, 538 Bronco’s:  https://fordauthority.com/2022/06/ford-bronco-2-7l-v6-ecoboost-engine-failures-explained-exclusive/

• Thanks 1