Super duty order/Ford X plan pin

RFT2112

Hello. 

I’ve ordered a super duty recently and My wife  works for an affiliated company on the Xplan list (Safeway) and is having problems with HR returning her calls to get a pin so that she can enroll to use the plan.    We are running into a wall with this.   I really want to be able to use this when truck arrives.  Has anyone else had problems getting a pin generated?   

I apologize if this isn’t in correct sub forum.  
thanks 

Ron 

In my opinion, since you just ordered your SD, you have PLENTY of time to get a PIN.  Just as long as the dealership knows it’s an X Plan order, and they’ll accept it, you’re good.

FYI, I got my PIN in early October and ordered mine in mid-October. My scheduled build week is 14 February. 

Just don’t let it go too long…

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, akirby said:

Per plan rules you should have advised the dealer that you’re using x plan before you negotiated the order,  Especially now when some are not accepting x plan.  Discuss this asap with your dealer.

Agree.  At time I ordered, 12/7/202, I wasn’t aware of Xplan.  I intend to call my salesman tomorrow and ask if they are accepting X plan.

Apparently not all dealers will accept X plan pricing for new Super Duty trucks on order.  I asked my dealer about it before my order was placed, and they said sorry, they will not accept any discount programs for 2022 Super Duty trucks on order, MSRP is what I have to pay.  Two other dealers in the area said the same thing.  One dealer for the longest time, like 20 years sold new Fords for $99 over invoice to everyone, now they too sell Super Duty trucks at MSRP.  The company I work for offers a discount program that Ford recognizes but, in this case, I can't use it.

I've seen others on this forum say they got $3k checks or more in the mail and are getting X plan or some other discount plan but I have to pay MSRP or keep what I'm driving, I placed an order for a 2022 King Ranch F350 SRW CCSB and will pay MSRP.  My new truck is scheduled to be built the week of Feb 14, 2022.  Apparently discounts and special deals for Super Duty trucks is regional and at the discretion of the selling dealer.  I started a thread with my situation explained...2022 F350 SRW King Ranch CCSB Anitmatter Blue/Stone Gray - F-Series SuperDuty Forum - Blue Oval Forums

787Toolman

Edited by 787Toolman

Went to a dealership, built the truck online with the rep, and the dealer handed me the one pager that outlined it all. They wouldn’t accept x-plan so I went down the road.  

Second dealership would accept x-plan so they got my order on 11/8. 

Recently realized(couple months later)  that the dealership had not given me a copy of the actual order sheet, but handed me back the mock up the first dealership built for me. 

I went up to the dealership and asked for a copy(January 2022).  The new copy reflected the December price increase despite the order being 11/8.  

Should be an interesting conversation come truck pick up time. Wonder if they’re trying to get over on me, or if the system just automatically re-generated the build with the new pricing?!? 

4 hours ago, FordySumthin said:

Went to a dealership, built the truck online with the rep, and the dealer handed me the one pager that outlined it all. They wouldn’t accept x-plan so I went down the road.  

Second dealership would accept x-plan so they got my order on 11/8. 

Recently realized(couple months later)  that the dealership had not given me a copy of the actual order sheet, but handed me back the mock up the first dealership built for me. 

I went up to the dealership and asked for a copy(January 2022).  The new copy reflected the December price increase despite the order being 11/8.  

Should be an interesting conversation come truck pick up time. Wonder if they’re trying to get over on me, or if the system just automatically re-generated the build with the new pricing?!? 

It always shows current pricing.  Dealer has to request the price protection at invoice time.

On 1/22/2022 at 1:21 PM, akirby said:

It always shows current pricing.  Dealer has to request the price protection at invoice time.

Request the price protection? Meaning price protection isn’t automatically established at the time of invoice? 

Maybe I’m getting mixed up in semantics here. Apologies, first time ordering a vehicle, and certainly first time dealing with this buying climate. 

As a reminder to me, at what point in the process does it invoice? 

1 hour ago, FordySumthin said:

Request the price protection? Meaning price protection isn’t automatically established at the time of invoice? 

Maybe I’m getting mixed up in semantics here. Apologies, first time ordering a vehicle, and certainly first time dealing with this buying climate. 

As a reminder to me, at what point in the process does it invoice? 

It’s unclear as to whether it’s done automatically or the dealer has to do it manually.  I’ve heard both.  That happens at delivery time.

17 hours ago, Petey_highboost said:

The dealer might be able to produce one from the company your wife works at

I have already tried that.  They said a couple years ago they did that all the time but Ford isn't allowing access or something like that.  I have an email out my wife's HR guy..No response as of yet.  

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question for you guys. I currently have a 22, F350 on order and system says as of today,  it is built, Im super excited! So when I ordered the truck back in early Nov, i told them i would be using the X plan and they where fine with that. Question is,  can I use a  PCO along with the X plan? I recently called the ford marketing line and they found  a PCO in my name and I have to take delivery prior to 4/4/22 . I do have a signed agreement with the dealership prior to the PCO discovery.

On 1/23/2022 at 4:52 PM, akirby said:

It’s unclear as to whether it’s done automatically or the dealer has to do it manually.  I’ve heard both.  That happens at delivery time.

At what point does actual invoice become available on ordered truck?  Asking because credit union requiring it and need curious about msrp with price increase showing up on window sticker on base price and tonneau from time of order. Truck ordered 11/2 and showing build on order tracker day on order tracker.  Thanks in advance.

34 minutes ago, Moomba said:

At what point does actual invoice become available on ordered truck?  Asking because credit union requiring it and need curious about msrp with price increase showing up on window sticker on base price and tonneau from time of order. Truck ordered 11/2 and showing build on order tracker day on order tracker.  Thanks in advance.

The Window Sticker and Dealer Invoice are created just before the vehicle goes into production and will display the prices in effect at the time the vehicle is produced. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joe10125 said:

I have a question for you guys. I currently have a 22, F350 on order and system says as of today,  it is built, Im super excited! So when I ordered the truck back in early Nov, i told them i would be using the X plan and they where fine with that. Question is,  can I use a  PCO along with the X plan? I recently called the ford marketing line and they found  a PCO in my name and I have to take delivery prior to 4/4/22 . I do have a signed agreement with the dealership prior to the PCO discovery.

I believe you can use a pco with x plan, but not a/d/z plans.  The pco is from Ford to you and costs the dealer nothing, like factory rebates, Ford is paying it.

Get with your dealer and Ford Marketing about how to attach/apply it to your order.

Cheers