Banks pedal monster

13 hours ago, road turtle said:

I've seen things like this in the past where somebody has taken it apart and discovered it's nothing more than a flashing light electronic circuit

Now that throttles are electronic it’s very easy to modulate the throttle signals or change the PCM parameters to change the responsiveness.  All reports I’ve seen say they work.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

(Wrote this earlier but did not hit submit)

Yes stays connected but you can unplug it at any time. ( not while driving of course)

When you plug it back in just go on to your smartphone reconnect it and click which setting you want.

Really impressed with this because it gives you the throttle responsiveness in Drive but it goes back to stock when you put the truck in reverse.

I also like the fact that if something happens to the box everything automatically revert back to stock configuration without having to unhook or unplug the peddle monster.

I have 35 inch tires on the truck now and the 4.30 gearing this makes the truck feel pretty darn Peppy.

I have learned when in two wheel drive and you're in the mud dirt or gravel you turn it off because even in the lowest setting on City mode level 3 the truck spins and breaks loose inching past idle.....

• 1 month later...

Thanks to this thread I ended up ordering a Banks Pedal Monster having no idea what it would do or if I would actually like it. But the videos on YouTube and reviews seemed promising. 

Coming from a F150 for 7 years and 21 days (105,573mi) to this being my first 250 and Diesel truck I knew it would take some adjusting. For the first night and full day I couldn’t get the hang of accelerating especially out of turns. I felt like grandma driving a station wagon. 

I installed the pedal monster this morning and 2 stop signs, one light and two turns later just getting out of the neighborhood I can’t imagine driving without it now. It’s a total game changer on the throttle and easily the biggest and simplest improvement I’ve ever made to a vehicle.

I would highly suggest everyone gets one, it’s well worth triple the price for the drive difference for me. 

I have been doing a lot of research on this. I am ordering one today. I like the safety features on this model, with a higher threshold voltage for the controller and the reverse mode.

I was skeptical thinking it was a pedal commander clone, and from what I have read with Pedal Commander users experience a dead petal when the circuit becomes overloaded, having to roll to stop and reset the vehicle after Pedal Commander is unplugged. 

Is everyone just getting the stand alone configuration with phone apps?

banks.JPG

Edited by JT42
Fixed as to not confuse Kirby... :)