Accent Color Custom Paint Job

txsd

I am curious if anyone has ever gotten a custom paint job done on the accent color (bumpers, doors, all around)?  I have a KR on order in Star White with the Stone Gray accent.  I don’t hate Stone Gray, but not crazy about it in certain lighting where I see Gold undertones.

21 hours ago, BigUnixGeek said:

I've thought about getting Line-X there...  I wonder how that would look/work...

I hadn’t thought about it, but seems like a legitimate idea.  I know the aluminum parts of the truck wouldn’t be an issue, but wonder about the bumpers (are they plastic?).  I also wonder if you can do custom colors of line-X.  I will start digging up some answers.

@BigUnixGeek  Like the name, I work with *nix in my profession.  ?

Edited by txsd
  • Like 1

Caveat:  I don't have my truck yet.

I believe the bumpers are chromed or painted steel (depending on appearance package), with plastic inserts for trim around fog lights, tow hooks, etc.

I think the black Line-X 2-tone would look especially good on a black appearance package setup, but Line-X says they can match any manufacturer paint code (for an extra charge).

My truck, knock on wood that it gets here soon, will be Atlas Blue, though I didn't get ANY appearance package of any kind.  Would have liked the black or sport, but it wasn't compatible with some other things I wanted (auto-deploy steps).  I'll definitely have my eyes open for a deal on a black Lariat grille, or a pair of bumpers, or side badges...  But these things tend to be pricey.