Wait for 2023 MY?

mortadella

I currently have an order in with my local dealer for a 2022 F350 DRW Limited trim but after seeing the recent posts that things like adaptive steering, 5th wheel prep, and spray in bed liner will delay a order till the end of the year/next I'm on the fence if I should reduce my configuration or just wait for the 2023 MY.

When does Ford usually announce the upcoming changes? Is there even the slightest chance they may put something similar to what they have in the F150 with Pro Power onboard? My primary use for the truck is to haul an RV and the generator can be a game changer to have that built into the truck. Unfortunately a F150 doesn't have enough payload capacity for myself, dogs, wife, motorcycle, and the hitch weight of the trailers we're looking at.

I'd rather have one of the later builds of an outgoing model than one of the first of a new model, especially if there are any significant changes being made (but I don't think that's know as of now). Let them work out the bugs during the 2023 model year. At least that's what I'm telling myself since I have a 2022 on order...hah

Edited by almostcammy
  • Like 3

Same situation with truck on order.  What I have seen so far from spy pictures is minor styling changes in grill and a other tweaks.  The interior gets closer to the current F-150, but with the gear lever still on column.  There has been very little speculation that pro power will head to the Super Duty in this update, but BlueCruise probably does (which does interest me).  I don't know if Bluecruise will be active when towing, kind of doubt it, which makes it less appealing.  Head over to FordAuthority.com for the best summary of speculation out there.  The info on the 2022's came out in early March, and the previous year it was in April.  When will it be this year?  Don't know.

24 minutes ago, 1972Mach1 said:

I am planning on cancelling either of my orders if the MY 2023 is revealed along with options and cost before taking receipt.  Unless something changes soon the reveal will happen first. 

If the 2022MY > 2023MY Super Duty doesn't happen until the summer (July), per usual, you won't see the 2023 Super Duty Order Guide until mid-March with scheduling starting late May or early June. Until Ford releases the 2023MY Super Duty schedule and releases the order guide, everything is just speculation. 

• Like 2

Does anyone know if I have an order in with 1 dealer but I want to use a different one can I submit a second or do I have to hassle the 1st one to cancel? I've seen posts around on these forums that certain dealers will also offer a better deal than at MSRP. Does anyone know of any in Florida?

Edited by mortadella

1 hour ago, mortadella said:

Does anyone know if I have an order in with 1 dealer but I want to use a different one can I submit a second or do I have to hassle the 1st one to cancel? 

I’m sure your original dealer would be happy to resell the first order to someone else - you just need to follow up with them to cancel the order and get your deposit back if possible.  You don’t have to wait to place the second order - they are 2 separate and distinct transactions.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, akirby said:

I’m sure your original dealer would be happy to resell the first order to someone else - you just need to follow up with them to cancel the order and get your deposit back if possible.  You don’t have to wait to place the second order - they are 2 separate and distinct transactions.

My current dealer isn't very responsive; luckily for me they also didn't take a deposit. The weird thing is I didn't get a order confirmation email from Ford after the order was placed on 1/5. Dealer did ask for a copy of my driver's license though.

In terms of 2 separate transactions I was more worried about Ford maybe not accepting a second order if I put one in (since supposedly dealer's require a picture id). Does Ford not verify orders when they come in to see if someone is putting in multiple orders?

1 hour ago, mortadella said:

My current dealer isn't very responsive; luckily for me they also didn't take a deposit. The weird thing is I didn't get a order confirmation email from Ford after the order was placed on 1/5. Dealer did ask for a copy of my driver's license though.

In terms of 2 separate transactions I was more worried about Ford maybe not accepting a second order if I put one in (since supposedly dealer's require a picture id). Does Ford not verify orders when they come in to see if someone is putting in multiple orders?

Ford doesn’t care if you buy 2 trucks or 20 trucks.  They might question the dealer to make sure he’s not gaming the system but nothing you need to worry about.

• Like 1

I ended up putting in another order tonight at a different dealership (one where my brother got his F-150). They’re much more responsive and I actually got a Ford email confirming the order, like I see other people get! Hoping now that I’ve lowered the trim to Platinum and don’t have 5th wheel prep, AS, and the spray in bedliner maybe I won’t have to wait 6+ months for a truck *fingers crossed*

• Like 1

I am getting more discouraged every week. I place an order 8.31.2021 for a F350 SRW Lariat Package, and haven't gotten anything from Ford, other than the original email indicating they have received my order. The dealer isn't any help. Luckily, I've held onto my 2017 F250, I may need to use it for the camping season this year. Ford needs to communicate better with people that have placed orders. 

30 minutes ago, Lord of Lights said:

I am getting more discouraged every week. I place an order 8.31.2021 for a F350 SRW Lariat Package, and haven't gotten anything from Ford, other than the original email indicating they have received my order. The dealer isn't any help. Luckily, I've held onto my 2017 F250, I may need to use it for the camping season this year. Ford needs to communicate better with people that have placed orders. 

Sorry about your being discouraged. You say your Dealer hasn't helped but how not? Too many posters speculating or making comments about 2023 Model Year Super Duty when Ford has yet to release any information on 2022MY Super Duty balance out, etc.