Line-X Color Match Bedliner

Toe Truck

Recently deleted the Ford spray-in bedliner in hopes it will help my truck get scheduled (still holding out for the 5th wheel prep package).  In checking out the price on the Line-X products with a local dealer, they now offer a color-match bedliner product based on the truck's paint codes.  For an F350 CCSB, Line-X regular with lifetime runs $550.00, Line-X + with top coat runs $650.00, and the paint code product runs a little over $1k.  Anyone out there have any experience with the color-match bedliner (or the top-coat product) that could help with my decision?  Leaning toward the top-coat version at present, but it looks like I have time to make a decision.

Thanks in advance - Toe Truck

• Thanks 1

I've had 2 King Ranch trucks with color matched LineX bed liners.  Loved it as much as  the crowds that saw it over the years.  I first did the dark brown in 2012,  then my 2015 was the reddish color.  Matched great,  wore like iron and it was as nice as black liners.  Just have to find a good LineX shop.

DSC05059.JPG

• Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 10:43 AM, Toe Truck said:

Recently deleted the Ford spray-in bedliner in hopes it will help my truck get scheduled (still holding out for the 5th wheel prep package).  In checking out the price on the Line-X products with a local dealer, they now offer a color-match bedliner product based on the truck's paint codes.  For an F350 CCSB, Line-X regular with lifetime runs $550.00, Line-X + with top coat runs $650.00, and the paint code product runs a little over $1k.  Anyone out there have any experience with the color-match bedliner (or the top-coat product) that could help with my decision?  Leaning toward the top-coat version at present, but it looks like I have time to make a decision.

Thanks in advance - Toe Truck

I just deleted mine last week also so was looking on the Linex website just this morning.  I was also wondering about the color match.  I'm not sure I'd pay almost double for it though.  D232799, gotta say that that does look pretty cool!!!  In my 2012 I got the version of Linex that was shinier than normal.  I don't remember what the actual product I bought was.  I really liked it a lot but it was just black.  When you say "regular" are you quoting the price for the standard linex product?  Any idea how much the price differs for the ultra and the platinum?  I know I could just call them and ask but I'm lazy.  ?

As I remember,  my LineX color match was like 150 or 200 over regular.  They gave me a hard time both trucks needing to know the exact color paint code.   I just told them the Caribou brown on one and the reddish color ( i forget )  on the 2nd truck.  I would do it on my 2022 but with white???  I have to say,  the Ford Bed Liner is very nice.  Love the Ford logo in the front.

PS  The pic on my 2015 was after 6 years,  did beat it up with concrete,  sheep ( all alive ) and tons of other stuff.

• Thanks 1

My local Line-X dealer has 3 bedliner products:

BEDLINER CHOICES

Level 1 "Good"                                 

STANDARD

At LINE-X®, we know your truck is much more than a vehicle to you. It can be your workhorse or your plaything. Either way, it deserves serious protection every way you use it. That's why the name LINE-X has become synonymous with toughness. For 25 years our LINE-X STANDARD Spray-On Bedliner has been trusted to protect millions of trucks worldwide. When you're looking for durability, function, and peace of mind, LINE-X's proven formula is what you need - GUARANTEED FOR LIFE!

Level 2  "Best"                          

PREMIUM

LINE-X® PREMIUM couples the abrasion and impact protection you already trust with our STANDARD bedliner with an added UV topcoat  to seal the bedliner making it easier to clean and keep its’ luster. Like a sunscreen, LINE-X PREMIUM safeguards your truck bed from solar burnout and fading. Visible damage from intense UV rays can happen fast. Don’t leave your truck bed exposed, get LINE-X PREMIUM!

Custom Color Option      

XTRA COLOR MATCH

THE TOUGHEST, MOST PROTECTIVE BEDLINER AROUND. NOW IN COLOR.
That’s right. The industry’s premier Spray-On Truck Bedliner is now available in your choice of color or color-matched to your trucks automotive paint code. LINE-X XTRA delivers added protection against cracking, bubbling, peeling and color fading.

No "Platinum" shown, so not sure what that is compared to Level 1 or 2.  I've decided to get Level 2 as I am planning on getting a hard tonneau cover to use when not towing - so no need for a color match.

Thanks for the comments.

On 1/19/2022 at 7:58 AM, d232799 said:

I've had 2 King Ranch trucks with color matched LineX bed liners.  Loved it as much as  the crowds that saw it over the years.  I first did the dark brown in 2012,  then my 2015 was the reddish color.  Matched great,  wore like iron and it was as nice as black liners.  Just have to find a good LineX shop.

DSC05059.JPG

When I read the OP I was thinking color matching bed liner wouldn’t look good, but this looks great.  

I’ve had two white F150’s and couldn’t get the black liner in there fast enough as it was just so bright it would catch my eye in the mirror on sunny days. 

On 1/19/2022 at 7:58 AM, d232799 said:

DSC05059.JPG

That's sharp looking, didn't know they color matched.  May have to look into that when mine comes in.  

That’s really sharp - I think you just cost me money!  Though I’m still not sure if I’ll be going with a bed liner or bed rug with mat since I plan on a roll back cover…..decisions, decisions.  See, there is a silver lining to having to wait for our trucks.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 12:24 PM, wrench69 said:

I just got the color match Line X on my Atlas Blue F-250.  I love how it turned out.  It added $300 to the cost, but when we've already dropped $75k on the truck...

IMG_8333.jpg

IMG_8334.jpg

Glad my truck is black because that looks mint!!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jstapleton said:

Great picture!  I wonder how that would look with the Antimatter Blue color?  Maybe too close to black to tell a difference.

I think the Antimatter Blue might be too dark to tell a difference from straight black.  Maybe in the sunlight you could see it?  Not sure.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...