Line-X Color Match Bedliner

Toe Truck

On 1/18/2022 at 7:43 PM, LarryD said:

I’m not sure about the topcoat version. I had the LineX ultra in my last truck. The difference was it was guaranteed not to fade and it did not. It was great. Going to do the LineX  in this one after a few camping trips. 

I’ve had LineX ultra also and it was amazing. It was virtually indestructible. I wonder if the color match is as tough ?

On 1/18/2022 at 11:43 AM, Toe Truck said:

Recently deleted the Ford spray-in bedliner in hopes it will help my truck get scheduled (still holding out for the 5th wheel prep package).  In checking out the price on the Line-X products with a local dealer, they now offer a color-match bedliner product based on the truck's paint codes.  For an F350 CCSB, Line-X regular with lifetime runs $550.00, Line-X + with top coat runs $650.00, and the paint code product runs a little over $1k.  Anyone out there have any experience with the color-match bedliner (or the top-coat product) that could help with my decision?  Leaning toward the top-coat version at present, but it looks like I have time to make a decision.

Thanks in advance - Toe Truck

I dropped mine off my order and it was scheduled 4 days later. I did drop the 5th wheel prep also though.

1 hour ago, Montana85 said:

I dropped mine off my order and it was scheduled 4 days later. I did drop the 5th wheel prep also though.

I dropped both of these as well.  I didn't get scheduled last week but my dealer called everyone that had these on their trucks to see if they would remove them.  I went from 17 trucks ahead of me to 4 trucks ahead of me this morning.  Looks like that change worked to get the queue at my dealership moving.  Hoping for scheduling this week!!

On 2/20/2022 at 8:17 PM, Monoman said:

Now you got me thinking to just drop the Ford spray in and go color matched .... my order is Star White and i'll add a bed mat/rug but i think that may look pretty sweet. 

I have the Oxford white and I like the contrast of the black bed liner.  I would think that a white color matched liner would look dirty all the time due to the texture collecting dust and dirt.

Bob

4 hours ago, HorizontalHunter said:

I have the Oxford white and I like the contrast of the black bed liner.  I would think that a white color matched liner would look dirty all the time due to the texture collecting dust and dirt.

Bob

Good point and I have considered gray too.  I will have a retractable cover and plan on using a bed rug/mat so I won't see it much :-)  I also like the B&W stormtrooper look.  I would have ordered Oxford white and BAP but the Platinum only comes in Star white and no BAP.

On 3/22/2022 at 5:45 AM, Timj said:

I called linex and they said rapid red could not be done due to not sticking to their product guess I’ll do black 

Will the black stick to the Rapid Red?  Sounds like they might be pulling your leg. I called a local installer and they said they couldn't do color matching now due to supply issues.  Perhaps the place you called has the same problem and is just trying to sell you black.

On 3/18/2022 at 11:06 AM, CastIronMan1956 said:

I would love to see pics of Rapid Red LineX. I thought about it, but couldn't find any pictures so I went with black on my '22 Rapid Red F250.

LineX_1.jpg

LineX_2.jpg

I'm surprised LineX pulled your box bolts out. Mine said they would not do that since they are one time use bolts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 4thTimer said:

Will the black stick to the Rapid Red?  Sounds like they might be pulling your leg. I called a local installer and they said they couldn't do color matching now due to supply issues.  Perhaps the place you called has the same problem and is just trying to sell you black.

They told me that it had something to do with the pearl in it that wouldn’t stick to their product 

2 hours ago, Bodaway said:

I'm surprised LineX pulled your box bolts out. Mine said they would not do that since they are one time use bolts.

Hahahaha.  Horse hockey. Watch one of the videos on gooseneck prep install and they take out the bolts to raise the bed and then put them back.  One time use bolts? Hahahaha 

2 hours ago, Timj said:

They told me that it had something to do with the pearl in it that wouldn’t stick to their product 

It could be but it could be a story.  I would call some other installers. Don't have to be nearby.

Edited by 4thTimer
  • Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 9:30 AM, 4thTimer said:

Hahahaha.  Horse hockey. Watch one of the videos on gooseneck prep install and they take out the bolts to raise the bed and then put them back.  One time use bolts? Hahahaha 

Just because they do it does not mean it is what the engineering specs say about it. Lots of conflicting info on the interweb. 

2 hours ago, Jhaggs35 said:

I was just told by a local line x place that color match can't be done right now due to a nationwide "chemical shortage". Not sure what chemical but she said it was one they need to do it.. Anyone else heard of this yet?

Yes, I was told the same thing a couple of months ago.

I was warned not to order the factory liner when opening my order.  I have looked at a couple of locally owned liner companies and have not yet decided what to do.  A bigger problem is that I don't have a scheduled date for the new truck.  On my 23 year old Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins I had a bed rug.  This is a custom formed carpet and foam liner that fit perfectly all of the nooks and crannies of the bed.  It also bridged the tailgate gap so no dust could get in.  I would do it again as long as you are not putting a lot of heavy gear or things that would compress the foam.  So I guess I have three options I am look at.  Keep up the discussion as I will be following this.

On 2/28/2022 at 11:23 AM, wowens79 said:

That Blue looks great!!  I didn't think I'd like the looks of the color match, but that one is awesome.

On white and red trucks, I like the contrast of the black.

I've got antimatter ordered, so I think I'll just go black.

I also have an antimatter on order and I was speaking with my dealer and they basically said the color match is cool but with the antimatter youll probably not really ever see the difference lol. I would love to see what it looks like just out of curiousity. He also told me that especially for people using their bed frequently and using some sort of tonneau cover, the LineX Ultra or whatever its called thats "not supposed to fade" is pointless. If you have it covered youll never really see it and if you're using your bed itll get scuffed up either way. I've always looked at bedliner as strictly a protective measure, however I am enjoying how it seems to be becoming a new aspect for people to possibly customize with their truck builds. I would love to see some of these color matched liners on the two tone $100k+ builds that are out there nowadays. 

1 hour ago, Alex Kreh said:

I also have an antimatter on order and I was speaking with my dealer and they basically said the color match is cool but with the antimatter youll probably not really ever see the difference lol. I would love to see what it looks like just out of curiousity. He also told me that especially for people using their bed frequently and using some sort of tonneau cover, the LineX Ultra or whatever its called thats "not supposed to fade" is pointless. If you have it covered youll never really see it and if you're using your bed itll get scuffed up either way. I've always looked at bedliner as strictly a protective measure, however I am enjoying how it seems to be becoming a new aspect for people to possibly customize with their truck builds. I would love to see some of these color matched liners on the two tone $100k+ builds that are out there nowadays. 

I think the option to have it done on the build is just a time saver for someone who was going to do it anyway.  Hey, I'll just let Ford do it and I don't have to figure out how to get to/from the LineX place without my truck a day or 2.  However,  it has become a time waster adding months to your order.

15 minutes ago, 4thTimer said:

I think the option to have it done on the build is just a time saver for someone who was going to do it anyway.  Hey, I'll just let Ford do it and I don't have to figure out how to get to/from the LineX place without my truck a day or 2.  However,  it has become a time waster adding months to your order.

Very much agree. I took off the factory option, but my dealer was extremely accomodating, they said that when the truck comes in they should have it back the next day with the bedliner. They told me the company they use for LineX only takes a day to get it done, and I'm confident they will schedule an appointment ahead of time so I'm expecting only 2 days at most and I will not have picked up the vehicle yet so I will still have my old truck during that time. Just will add another day or two to the order process, but at 5-6 months by then I won't be too concerned, Although for your situation trying to be without a vehicle is a hard thing to do. I also think that if you do it privately, sometimes you can get a better application. For example, if you do it at a private location after your truck is delivered you may be able to request rolled edges. I'm not sure if they do this at the factory. Although there is a price difference obviously, it was cheaper for me to get it done at the factory, but when the truck is already over 80k I told them I wasn't too concerned haha. An extra 5$ on my monthly payment won't kill me at this point.