Good running boards?

ardvark666

Ok so my truck should be built the week of 1/31 and I dropped the bedliner and running boards to get it built. Bedliner is going to be a choice of line x or rhino. What is everyone using for running boards? The factory ones are very expensive to add after the fact. I have always had nerf bar style tube ones. I kinda like the boards on the tremor with the flatter profile. Anyone have any they have owned that are less than 400 bucks? I like the Go Rhinos but they are 529 which seems like a bit much. 

Thanks. 

On 1/18/2022 at 1:29 PM, ardvark666 said:

Ok so my truck should be built the week of 1/31 and I dropped the bedliner and running boards to get it built. Bedliner is going to be a choice of line x or rhino. What is everyone using for running boards? The factory ones are very expensive to add after the fact. I have always had nerf bar style tube ones. I kinda like the boards on the tremor with the flatter profile. Anyone have any they have owned that are less than 400 bucks? I like the Go Rhinos but they are 529 which seems like a bit much. 

Thanks. 

Was there some notice that running boards were holding up truck builds?  I've got the extended ones on my build.

Well...the factory ford ones were great....

The state plowed my road and then I took the dually and went back and forth back and forth at the end of my driveway until I smashed down the snowbank the plow made so when it froze overnight I did not have a Berlin wall situation.

Apparently during the night they came by and plowed some more and made another wall at the end of my driveway and it froze over the night, and then I had another Berlin Wall situation. I tried using the front tires to smash it down so I could get over top of it and the wife could get out of the driveway in the Buick. But it was frozen solid and it was nothing but a massive speed bump.

I was in a hurry and didn't have time to go get the tractor and (beg it to start for me), so I told the wife just to stay at home until I can take the tractor and removed the "ice barricade". I tried working the pile down just enough to get the truck over it but doing so I ended up popping the running board right off the brackets...

Happy freaking monday!?

20220120_153542.jpg

20220120_153532.jpg

1 hour ago, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

Well...the factory ford ones were great....

The state plowed my road and then I took the dually and went back and forth back and forth at the end of my driveway until I smashed down the snowbank the plow made so when it froze overnight I did not have a Berlin wall situation.

Apparently during the night they came by and plowed some more and made another wall at the end of my driveway and it froze over the night, and then I had another Berlin Wall situation. I tried using the front tires to smash it down so I could get over top of it and the wife could get out of the driveway in the Buick. But it was frozen solid and it was nothing but a massive speed bump.

I was in a hurry and didn't have time to go get the tractor and (beg it to start for me), so I told the wife just to stay at home until I can take the tractor and removed the "ice barricade". I tried working the pile down just enough to get the truck over it but doing so I ended up popping the running board right off the brackets...

Happy freaking monday!?

20220120_153542.jpg

20220120_153532.jpg

Very sad; we have the same situation here in the mountains of MT.