Random 3 beeps on Highway

mattdm

Been driving my new 2022 F350 for about 2 weeks now and I seem to randomly get 3 beeps in a row from the dash while cruising on the highway. I thought it might have been the lane keep assist but I have turned that off and it still does it. Cannot see any warnings or symbols on the dash or screen when it happens. It only happens maybe once during my 40 minute commute.

Anyone know what it is?

17 hours ago, mattdm said:

Been driving my new 2022 F350 for about 2 weeks now and I seem to randomly get 3 beeps in a row from the dash while cruising on the highway. I thought it might have been the lane keep assist but I have turned that off and it still does it. Cannot see any warnings or symbols on the dash or screen when it happens. It only happens maybe once during my 40 minute commute.

Anyone know what it is?

Hope I don't look silly here because I have no idea what I'm talking about but, that being said, I wonder if your dealer could hook it up to their computer and see if there is anything in the computer logs?  I'm pretty sure my mechanic could see things that happened with my old truck.

19 hours ago, mattdm said:

Anyone know what it is?

Unsure if it’s the case here, but on my other non-Ford vehicles this generally happens if you’ve exceeded one of the preset speed limits that have been programmed.  

On my 19 I have MY-KEY activated with a top speed of 70 miles an hour. I do this because I do a lot of Interstate driving and I stay on the phone constantly helping people troubleshoot or explaining how certain systems work. With being on the phone, running through elevator systems in my head and concentrating on lane and other drivers sometimes the speed limit aspect of driving got neglected and I don't like paying high insurance?.

So with MY-KEY system on I get a warning which dings at me a couple times at 65 miles an hour and then it dings again at 70 miles an hour. But with that I also get a little message on my instrument cluster letting me know this.

On my 22 I only use it for towing, and I stay off the phone because while Towing, I don't want any distractions.

While driving a single-vehicle a little oops IS NORMALLY not that big of a deal but with a trailer a little oops can turn into a big GD! WTF! SOaB!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PKL131 said:

Unsure if it’s the case here, but on my other non-Ford vehicles this generally happens if you’ve exceeded one of the preset speed limits that have been programmed.  

I thought it might be a speed limit thing as well, but i do have a bit of a lead foot and its not consistant enough imo

5 hours ago, CBears said:

Hope I don't look silly here because I have no idea what I'm talking about but, that being said, I wonder if your dealer could hook it up to their computer and see if there is anything in the computer logs?  I'm pretty sure my mechanic could see things that happened with my old truck.

I have plugged it into forscan and there are no faults. Id expect to see some sort of warning or symbol on the dash if there was a problem as well.

Its a "friendly" beep. 

Edited by mattdm

1 hour ago, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

On my 19 I have MY-KEY activated with a top speed of 70 miles an hour. I do this because I do a lot of Interstate driving and I stay on the phone constantly helping people troubleshoot or explaining how certain systems work. With being on the phone, running through elevator systems in my head and concentrating on lane and other drivers sometimes the speed limit aspect of driving got neglected and I don't like paying high insurance?.

So with MY-KEY system on I get a warning which dings at me a couple times at 65 miles an hour and then it dings again at 70 miles an hour. But with that I also get a little message on my instrument cluster letting me know this.

On my 22 I only use it for towing, and I stay off the phone because while Towing, I don't want any distractions.

While driving a single-vehicle a little oops IS NORMALLY not that big of a deal but with a trailer a little oops can turn into a big GD! WTF! SOaB!?

I have not set up any My-keys on this truck yet.

Did not hear the beeps at all today.

1 hour ago, mattdm said:

I have not set up any My-keys on this truck yet.

Did not hear the beeps at all today.

Did a search on the internet for this problem because I am now just curious, seems like other people with the same issue have been reporting on older trucks that it's been airbag issues...

Apparently on the older trucks it Chimes every so many mins of driving to let you know that there's an issue with the airbag when the airbag lamp is not coming on, I guess as a backup notification that you have an issue.

Just getting this off a Google search so I don't know if that helps or not I guess it's worth it little bit of time to check and see if your airbag light come on when you turn your ignition on.

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR

30 minutes ago, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

Did a search on the internet for this problem because I am now just curious, seems like other people with the same issue have been reporting on older trucks that it's been airbag issues...

Apparently on the older trucks it Chimes every so many mins of driving to let you know that there's an issue with the airbag when the airbag lamp is not coming on, I guess as a backup notification that you have an issue.

Just getting this off a Google search so I don't know if that helps or not I guess it's worth it little bit of time to check and see if your airbag light come on when you turn your ignition on.

Yeah i did some googling around as well. My airbag light does come on with ignition on, then goes out. No faults stored in forscan.

Its also very random. ive heard it twice in as little as 15 minutes, and today for example i was driving around for about 2 hours and never heard it once. It only ever happens while im driving/moving.

I suspect its more a feature or alert that im not aware of rather then a problem. Next time it happens ill grab the video from my dashcam and hopefully it picks it up.

Edited by mattdm

1 hour ago, mattdm said:

Yeah i did some googling around as well. My airbag light does come on with ignition on, then goes out. No faults stored in forscan.

Its also very random. ive heard it twice in as little as 15 minutes, and today for example i was driving around for about 2 hours and never heard it once. It only ever happens while im driving/moving.

I suspect its more a feature or alert that im not aware of rather then a problem. Next time it happens ill grab the video from my dashcam and hopefully it picks it up.

Poltergeist??

I managed to get it on my dashcam recording on my way home this evening. First time ive heard it on this side road. Nobody else in the vehicle. Nothing on the passenger seat. hands on the wheel. Lane keep off.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6dxtp4urt5ocx3w/GRMN-2022-01-20_17-30-32-exportedVideo.mp4?dl=0&fbclid=IwAR2us62a_yFu9QpahgffBV85v4z62j9JWBFa9GC77OF3YA76iWk92QXxaX4

Edited by mattdm
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, mattdm said:

Sorry I can't be of more help but at least this will bump your thread.  I have never heard that noise before.  I've also never had a Ford with any of the new lane keep or Co-Pilot stuff though.  To me it doesn't sound like a Ford noise, and it almost sounds like it's coming from the dash cam rather than the IPC.  Silly question, but are you sure it isn't the dash cam actually making the noise?

Odd. Maybe something with my android auto, although my phone never used to do any sort of alerts and still doesnt(it sits in the cup holder and never wakes up when i get this noise). I dont have Waze or anything.

Havent been able to pin it to any external events to it. Never seen a cop/wreck/construction/etc anywhere near when it goes off.

The mystery continues

Edited by mattdm

12 hours ago, mattdm said:

Odd. Maybe something with my android auto, although my phone never used to do any sort of alerts and still doesnt(it sits in the cup holder and never wakes up when i get this noise). I dont have Waze or anything.

Havent been able to pin it to any external events to it. Never seen a cop/wreck/construction/etc anywhere near when it goes off.

The mystery continues

I think Elevator man may be onto something with his earlier statement it's a Poltergeist...LOL...Maybe try turning off everything that is not necessary to test drive, like turn off all electronics except what you must have and test drive.  Maybe have someone ride with you to listen where the sound emits from?  The other option is to just start the truck and sit with it running and see if it dings.  Another option is to jack up the rear end and put on jack stands and make sure it's very stable and not in 4-wheel drive.  Put the truck into drive and run up to get the drive train moving and see if that triggers it also.  These are some of the things a dealer might do if they were to diagnose.  I'm like you, would drive me crazy to know.

Interestingly it did it in the exact same spot again as my dash camera video the other day. Wasnt even any other traffic around this time.

the noise itself isnt annoying, but not knowing what it means is ?

Edited by mattdm

Turn off all the warnings/assists on the Garmin camera and see if it still happens.  My Garmin had apparently decided at random times that I was too close to either other cars or the edge of the road or something and kept making noises similar to that.  I eventually turned off every pre-warning setting and no more noises.  But it definitely sounds like a Garmin noise.  I don't need my camera to decide if I'm moving faster than the person in front of me, so it was an annoyance more than helpful.

3 hours ago, Quigs said:

Turn off all the warnings/assists on the Garmin camera and see if it still happens.  My Garmin had apparently decided at random times that I was too close to either other cars or the edge of the road or something and kept making noises similar to that.  I eventually turned off every pre-warning setting and no more noises.  But it definitely sounds like a Garmin noise.  I don't need my camera to decide if I'm moving faster than the person in front of me, so it was an annoyance more than helpful.

that involves opening and reading the instructions that came with it ? 

jokes aside i suspect you are on the right track though

5 hours ago, mattdm said:

that involves opening and reading the instructions that came with it ? 

jokes aside i suspect you are on the right track though

I recall my Garmin camera sounding alarms until I turned everything off. Can't remember what they sounded like, but I agree this could be the cause.