Order Wait Times for Ford Vehicles?

I'm wanting to replace my Fusion in the next 12 months. Covid and supply chain issues have wreaked havoc on the industry, which has led me to the idea of ordering a vehicle. Virtually all of the dealerships around me are charging ADM for any vehicle on the lot. Most are choosing not to honor A/Z/X plans. It's insane and I refuse to pay ADM or get ripped off.

The largest dealer by me said they would let me order a vehicle and honor my Z plan if I did that. I would get that in writing before doing any order. Also, he mentioned usually there is a small rebate for ordering. That brings me to this question, how long do orders generally take in this atmosphere that we live in now. I know each vehicle will be different. A few vehicles I am thinking about are below.

1. Bronco Sport- I like it but most likely too small. The only version I like, the Badlands, is pretty pricey with options. I need some seat time with a Badlands to decide.-

2. Bronco- For a few thousand more than a Bronco Sport, I can get a real Bronco Big Bend or Black Diamond. I've priced them out and it seems with the options I want would be 39-43k. The roof issues scare me though. And you can get in 2000 never. Part of me wants to see if I can get a 2023 but I do wonder if demand will ever be softened. Will they ever have inventory. 

3. Ranger - This would be for a 2023 Ranger...whenever that goes on sale. Ticked no hybrid and also a little leery of ordering a first model year.

4. Maverick- Sat in one and it had enough interior room. Wish the FX4 package had the locking diff from BS. Wish there was a 4WD option with hybrid. Price wise, even loaded up, this is the cheapest. I'd probably put in order for 2023.  As of right now, this would appear to check the most boxes and "appear" to be the easiest to get.

I'm looking at a few other that are non Fords too. Anyone got any ideas on the ones listed above? It seems that buying a vehicle has gotten increasingly frustrating over these past few years, unless you want to pay over MSRP.

Edited by jcartwright99

Mavericks and Bronco Sports look to be shipping in about 8-10 weeks unless it’s a hybrid or specific trim that has constraints.    The ones I see are MSRP for orders and $2k-$5k over for stock but sounds like your dealer will do Z plan.

Bronco and Ranger are much further out.  Maybe order an ecoboost Maverick now and a Bronco or Ranger in a couple years?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, akirby said:

Mavericks and Bronco Sports look to be shipping in about 8-10 weeks unless it’s a hybrid or specific trim that has constraints.    The ones I see are MSRP for orders and $2k-$5k over for stock but sounds like your dealer will do Z plan.

Bronco and Ranger are much further out.  Maybe order an ecoboost Maverick now and a Bronco or Ranger in a couple years?

Sorry to stray off topic - what would lead time be for an Escape PIH Titanium?

1 hour ago, MaybeaFocus said:

I just ordered an Escape PHEV Titanium.  The dealer estimated 4 - 6 months, but I think that was just a guess.  He had a similar vehicle ordered in August that arrived in December.

Thanks - mind blown that it would take so long, but probably tied to battery supply, etc..

On 1/20/2022 at 3:47 PM, jcartwright99 said:

I'm looking at a few other that are non Fords too. Anyone got any ideas on the ones listed above? It seems that buying a vehicle has gotten increasingly frustrating over these past few years, unless you want to pay over MSRP.

Good luck with your car shopping jcartwright99 sir. Among non-Ford vehicles, avoid Hyundai and Kia if you don't want to pay over MSRP. Demand is so strong on many of their vehicles there's practically a bidding war going on between dealers and customers trying to buy them new.

Consumer Reports analyzed new car sales transactions and came up with the 2 lists below.

Models that sell for the most over MSRP

1. 2022 Kia Rio
  2. 2022 Chevy Spark
  3. 2022 Hyundai Venue
  4. 2022 Hyundai Ioniq
  5. 2022 Kia Telluride
  6. 2022 Hyundai Kona Electric
  7. 2022 Hyundai Sonata
  8. 2022 Kia Sorento
  9. 2022 Kia Seltos
  10. 2022 Hyundai Tucson
  11. 2022 Hyundai Accent
  12. 2022 Kia Carnival
  13. 2022 Chevy Camaro
  14. 2022 Kia K5
  15. 2022 Mazda 3

Models that have the biggest discounts off MSRP

1. 2022 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
  2. 2022 Ford F-150
  3. 2022 Alfa Romeo Giulia
  4. 2022 Ram 1500
  5. 2022 GMC Sierra 1500
  6. 2022 BMW X3
  7. 2022 Infiniti QX50
  8. 2022 Infiniti Q60
  9. 2022 Genesis G70
  10. 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Edited by rperez817
  • Like 2

On 1/21/2022 at 7:51 PM, rperez817 said:

Good luck with your car shopping jcartwright99 sir. Among non-Ford vehicles, avoid Hyundai and Kia if you don't want to pay over MSRP. Demand is so strong on many of their vehicles there's practically a bidding war going on between dealers and customers trying to buy them new.

Consumer Reports analyzed new car sales transactions and came up with the 2 lists below.

1. 2022 Kia Rio
  2. 2022 Chevy Spark
  3. 2022 Hyundai Venue
  4. 2022 Hyundai Ioniq
  5. 2022 Kia Telluride
  7. 2022 Hyundai Sonata
  8. 2022 Kia Sorento
  9. 2022 Kia Seltos
  10. 2022 Hyundai Tucson
  11. 2022 Hyundai Accent
  12. 2022 Kia Carnival
  13. 2022 Chevy Camaro
  14. 2022 Kia K5
  15. 2022 Mazda 3

2. 2022 Ford F-150
  4. 2022 Ram 1500
  5. 2022 GMC Sierra 1500
  6. 2022 BMW X3
  7. 2022 Infiniti QX50
  8. 2022 Infiniti Q60
  9. 2022 Genesis G70

Over Msrp: Hyundai/Kia must be happy! I am surprised that Camaro and Spark are on there as no one buys them. But then again, they probably may have cut production so much that they're hard to find. The only Japanese model is the Mazda.

Under or discounted: This list surprises me as the hot selling models are here except for Alfa and Infiniti. I'm guessing that the manufacturers of the hot models went all in and placed all the production resources on them, so they are more plentiful. The Ford, GM, Jeep and BMW are also made in the USA and the local sourcing probably makes them much easier to find too. I expected Fiat here too as the sales are so poor and the "days on lot" are so high too. Even if they sell them at 50% off, they still wouldn't see much of a sales increase at this point.

On 1/22/2022 at 11:31 AM, Bob Rosadini said:

I'm pricing a Ranger OR 150.  I was worried about getting before "salt season" was over.  No problem- my guy said 30 weeks on both?-and I saw him look it up on whatever program dealers have.

You can get a decent deal on the current Ranger. Next gen? That'll be nuts for awhile. If it's any help I ordered a 2022 Ranger XLT Tremor with the 302A package, tow, keypad entry and block heater on December 27th. I received a build date week of February 28th on Thursday. Of course I won't believe it until I see it in production, but it seems Rangers are getting scheduled pretty quickly. It probably also helps they are not the "hottest" new product either, but I love my 2019 that the lease is ending on and figure a Tremor will be even better. I have no issue driving something that's proven.

13 hours ago, 2005Explorer said:

You can get a decent deal on the current Ranger. Next gen? That'll be nuts for awhile. If it's any help I ordered a 2022 Ranger XLT Tremor with the 302A package, tow, keypad entry and block heater on December 27th. I received a build date week of February 28th on Thursday. Of course I won't believe it until I see it in production, but it seems Rangers are getting scheduled pretty quickly. It probably also helps they are not the "hottest" new product either, but I love my 2019 that the lease is ending on and figure a Tremor will be even better. I have no issue driving something that's proven.

The CG Ranger is out for me. For me, I'd rather wait till NG Ranger. The interior/tech alone makes it worth it to me. The Ranger is great truck now but I've been staring at a smaller low res sync 3 screen for 5 years now. I need a change. 

I get getting a deal though. The 2.3/10speed is a proven combo and that truck should be a rock for at least a decade.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 6:51 PM, rperez817 said:

1. 2022 Kia Rio
  2. 2022 Chevy Spark
  3. 2022 Hyundai Venue
  4. 2022 Hyundai Ioniq
  5. 2022 Kia Telluride
  7. 2022 Hyundai Sonata
  8. 2022 Kia Sorento
  9. 2022 Kia Seltos
  10. 2022 Hyundai Tucson
  11. 2022 Hyundai Accent
  12. 2022 Kia Carnival
  13. 2022 Chevy Camaro
  14. 2022 Kia K5
  15. 2022 Mazda 3

2. 2022 Ford F-150
  4. 2022 Ram 1500
  5. 2022 GMC Sierra 1500
  6. 2022 BMW X3
  7. 2022 Infiniti QX50
  8. 2022 Infiniti Q60
  9. 2022 Genesis G70

#1 spot is the Kia Rio? Seems kind of surprising....as far as I know is a pretty run of the mill subcompact. 

4 hours ago, Deanh said:

FYI...Maverick ordering banks are closed till Summer...and then it will be 2023s....i

I hate this. It basically looks like I will be ordering a 2023 of whatever model I can get my hands on at this point. The rub for me is this: I really want a Bronco. It will pain me to have to forgo the Bronco because of lack of supply, ADM, and lack of Z plan acceptance. When a loaded Maverick or BS is around a mere 5k less of the price of a Black Diamond (MIC top, tow package, and advanced 4wd) that I want,, it's annoying. First world problems I know and I don't want to sound like a BG6r complaining. When are those chip plants going to go online in the US again?

9 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

I hate this. It basically looks like I will be ordering a 2023 of whatever model I can get my hands on at this point. The rub for me is this: I really want a Bronco. It will pain me to have to forgo the Bronco because of lack of supply, ADM, and lack of Z plan acceptance. When a loaded Maverick or BS is around a mere 5k less of the price of a Black Diamond (MIC top, tow package, and advanced 4wd) that I want,, it's annoying. First world problems I know and I don't want to sound like a BG6r complaining. When are those chip plants going to go online in the US again?

From what I've been seeing, we won't see relief from chip shortages (auto and other wise) for at least another two-three years. Intel in the process of building two new fabs in Ohio and they won't be on line till 2024. 

The thing I don't get is how we went from having a steady supply to having huge shortages almost two years after the fact with no way of keeping up with production. I get the COVID thing, but at the same time did demand just jump up 25-50% overnight?

Speaking of your Bronco-the issue you have is the Badlands would be more or less stripped vs a Loaded Maverick or BS. 

Heck my more or less loaded Big Bend costs $47K and still doesn't have all the features of my SHO did...but I get I'm paying for other things that the SHO doesn't have or can do. 

Edited by silvrsvt

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

From what I've been seeing, we won't see relief from chip shortages (auto and other wise) for at least another two-three years. Intel in the process of building two new fabs in Ohio and they won't be on line till 2024. 

The thing I don't get is how we went from having a steady supply to having huge shortages almost two years after the fact with no way of keeping up with production. I get the COVID thing, but at the same time did demand just jump up 25-50% overnight?

Speaking of your Bronco-the issue you have is the Badlands would be more or less stripped vs a Loaded Maverick or BS. 

Heck my more or less loaded Big Bend costs $47K and still doesn't have all the features of my SHO did...but I get I'm paying for other things that the SHO doesn't have or can do. 

Chinese companies are believed to be stock piling chips.  Thus the US government request for 2 years worth of customer data from fabs.  Other than that (if it is true, since it hasn’t been proven), it is a head scratcher as to what is going on.

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Yeah, spec wise the BS/Maverick will have more options. However, the Bronco that I spec'd out had a stick shift, top that came off, and a true automatic 4WD system for just under 43k.. Those three things are worth living with a vehicle that's a bit more spartan. I' got about 6-8 months or so before I have to decide. A lot can change in that time. It will be interesting to see what changes for MY 23. If I have to go the soft roader the BS/Maverick, and Suburu Forester Wilderness are on the list. All of those have compromises. BS is space/price. The Maverick is lacking the twin clutch locking diff, and the Suburu has a CVT. 

It is just insane that it's been almost two years of Covid/supply chain issues and we still are here. No real hope in the immediate future.

9 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

If there's one benefit to having missed out on some options on my Mustang when I got it, it's that even with Bronco missing out on some features like lane centering, etc - it'll have more tech than I've had before.

26 minutes ago, Jaybird2022 said:

My lariat powerboosts been stuck in production mode since 1/18. Is there another chip holdup? Already been bumped from 11/29 to 1/18. Hopefully it just gets built here soon. 

Another one?  The previous one never ended and probably won’t for another year or two.

• 1 month later...