Tonneau Covers

mww982

I have a soft tri-fold cover on my current truck which was only about $300, so good value for money but not much else good about it. 

The new truck is getting a Truxedo X15 because it's compatible with the ladder racks I'm going to install and it's very easy to remove completely when needed. 

They're all about compromise, so pick the one that has the attributes that are important to you. 

I have a BAK revolver X2 on my current truck.  It's ok.  The new X4 model fixes the issues I had with the X2 so I will probably go with that on my 350. I like the security aspect of the "hard under frame but the ability to roll it up and have it almost completely out of the way without blocking my view out the back.  

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 11:02 PM, russ90s said:

I’m considering getting the DiamondBack cover. I’d get the HD model just trying to figure out if it would be right for what I need.  

This one looks pretty appealing. I went with the factory rolling cover but wondering if I should have opted out. I was looking at this one last week.

I had a BAK Industries folding hard cover on my 2017 F150 for 5 years with no issues.  I put the MX4 on F250.  Really like the security

this cover provides.  Folds up against the rear window for full bed access.  Easy to install yourself and folding sections can be totally removed

in 5 minutes if you need to.  Never found the need to do that.  If I had 5th wheel trailer, would have considered the rolling version.

26 minutes ago, Ralph K said:

Is the soft cover worth it or is it better to go with the hard cover?

I for one would not do a soft cover. They don’t last, at least in my experience. I had a hard cover for years on my last truck. Looked just as good the day I sold her. 

Edited by CBears
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chino Tom said:

I had a BAK Industries folding hard cover on my 2017 F150 for 5 years with no issues.  I put the MX4 on F250.  Really like the security

this cover provides.  Folds up against the rear window for full bed access.  Easy to install yourself and folding sections can be totally removed

in 5 minutes if you need to.  Never found the need to do that.  If I had 5th wheel trailer, would have considered the rolling version.

I think the one I had from line-x was actually a Bak Flip if memory serves. It is now called their LXP I believe. That is how I’m going. 

15 minutes ago, CBears said:

I for one would not do a soft cover. They don’t last, at least in my experience. I had a hard cover for years on my last truck. Looked just as good the day I sold her. 

Thank you. I'll check if I can still make that change or too late. What about the retractable cover?

21 minutes ago, Ralph K said:

Thank you. I'll check if I can still make that change or too late. What about the retractable cover?

I don’t have any experience with those. Sorry.   With all the issues, maybe just take the cover off completely?  There are a ton of great after market options out there. 

32 minutes ago, road turtle said:

If you're talking about the Al roll up cover, it's awesome, however you lose some space in the forward end of the bed as it rolls down.

I'm not sure if it's Al roll up cover. I'm referring to the Tonneau Pickup Box Cover – Soft Folding ($560) that can be added to the build

When I bought my first vehicle (‘03 Ranger) it had a ARE bedcover. I put on on my next and current truck (‘14 F150) and already have the ARE LS2 ordered for my 250. They look great and paint matched exactly. Does get a little difficult when you need to move big things as it’s a solid cover and only lifts on its hinges. But I would never consider anything else.