Tonneau Covers

mww982

On 1/21/2022 at 7:28 AM, mww982 said:

I've always had shells on my previous truck but thinking about going the bed cover route on this one.  Really don't want a one piece cover like the undercovers or a power cover that has the box in the bed.  What do you have and prefer?

I have the Bakflip cover on my 2017 F-150 and I’ll be getting the same one for my 2022 F-350. It’s easy to remove and is solid at the same time. 

3 hours ago, Poppy350 said:

Has anyone install this cover? If so, will it work correctly with a 5th wheel hitch still in the bed?

SUPER DUTY 2017-2022 REV BLACK HARD ROLL UP TONNEAU COVER FOR 8.0' BED

Part No: VHC3Z99501A42M

Is this the retrax style tonneau?  If so, yes, it works with 5th wheel, and it has the advantage of locking in place forward of the hitch leaving items in the front of the bed protected from weather too.

I have one of those soft, roll up cover on my current truck ( 07 Titan), never had an issue out of it. Though the sides are slowly starting to pull up. I'm thinking about the Retrax Pro MX when I get my 250 (whenever that may be). They're a pretty penny, but from what I've read and videos I've watched they seem to be a good investment.  You can lock it in place anywhere along the rail you'd like. 

Edited by Gharri30
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Gharri30 said:

I have one of those soft, roll up cover on my current truck ( 07 Titan), never had an issue out of it. Though the sides are slowly starting to pull up. I'm thinking about the Retrax Pro MX when I get my 250 (whenever that may be). They're a pretty penny, but from what I've read and videos I've watched they seem to be a good investment.  You can lock it in place anywhere along the rail you'd like. 

just be aware, it rolls down into a fixed housing.  you lose about 9" in the front of the bed, and it only leaves about 9" of clearance underneath.  I don't like losing the space, but I do have the 8' bed.  I would still get the hard roll up cover, locking in place is a nice feature and works well while towing the 5th wheel.

30 minutes ago, road turtle said:

just be aware, it rolls down into a fixed housing.  you lose about 9" in the front of the bed, and it only leaves about 9" of clearance underneath.  I don't like losing the space, but I do have the 8' bed.  I would still get the hard roll up cover, locking in place is a nice feature and works well while towing the 5th wheel.

I did read that. It would be a little compromise I would have to make. I'm stepping up from the 5.5ish foot bed on my current truck to the 6 3/4 bed on the 250 so I'll still be gaining a little bed and at least it has a little space underneath it. I looked at the tri folds but I don't like the fact of having it stand up in front of the rear glass to have access to the entire bed, blocking the rear glass and just having the few postions to open it up. I have a while so its still up for debate though. Thanks for the insight though. 

Edited by Gharri30

5 hours ago, Pauljbouda said:

I chose the Retrax over the Roll Lock based on the fact I can lock it anywhere along the track vs predetermined spots  

After seeing these covers, I want this kind so bad. They look so convenient. How’s the build quality of them? Which model did you go with?

1 hour ago, Pauljbouda said:

Only water I get is near the tailgate…but it takes a pretty heavy rain…I’m sure I could seal the tailgate area better if I wanted

I have a seal for the tailgate area with my current cover. I'm sure there's something similar for the retrax. Thanks for the info. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2022 at 7:31 AM, Gharri30 said:

I did read that. It would be a little compromise I would have to make. I'm stepping up from the 5.5ish foot bed on my current truck to the 6 3/4 bed on the 250 so I'll still be gaining a little bed and at least it has a little space underneath it. I looked at the tri folds but I don't like the fact of having it stand up in front of the rear glass to have access to the entire bed, blocking the rear glass and just having the few postions to open it up. I have a while so its still up for debate though. Thanks for the insight though. 

Through Feb 28 retrax has $150 mail in rebate.  Got mine from Tonneaucovers.com

• Like 1

• 6 months later...