2023 Cadillac Escalade V Revealed

rmc523

The rumor for Escalade V engine output is somewhere between 700 and 750 hp.

Conveniently, 750 hp is about the same as the upcoming Raptor R... the ball is in Lincoln's court. I'm sure it's not brain surgery to get that engine in the Navigator. 

• Like 1

But tis the raptor truly sporty, or capable?  It can go fast in a wide open desert, but put it on a track and see how well it does.  The v sport is clearly a track rig to go against the, srt durango,  gls amg and Alpina x7, and they are both track trucks.  The closest ford has gotten to this in 2 decades was the explorer st and its nowhere near the same league as the aforementioned.

1 hour ago, Dlcorbett said:

But tis the raptor truly sporty, or capable? 

Perhaps you should drive one before you cast that disparagement.  I’m confident if Ford wanted to make a track monster SUV they could.   The ST is sporty for the masses at a reasonable price.   Could it be better, sure, but it will cost more.  

13 minutes ago, tbone said:

Perhaps you should drive one before you cast that disparagement.  I’m confident if Ford wanted to make a track monster SUV they could.   The ST is sporty for the masses at a reasonable price.   Could it be better, sure, but it will cost more.  

We will see what the future brings, who knows, maybe the expy spp is a trial run.  But people have been clamoring for a true lightning successor and ford has yet to build it.  I can admit, I had more fun in my 18 expy in sport mode than anything that big should allow, but it wasn't sporty.  Everytime I've driven a nav, its nowhere close to being able to handle the 450hp it has, let alone an extra 300hp.

24 minutes ago, Dlcorbett said:

We will see what the future brings, who knows, maybe the expy spp is a trial run.  But people have been clamoring for a true lightning successor and ford has yet to build it.  I can admit, I had more fun in my 18 expy in sport mode than anything that big should allow, but it wasn't sporty.  Everytime I've driven a nav, its nowhere close to being able to handle the 450hp it has, let alone an extra 300hp.

So desert racing isn’t a sport?  The Baja 1000 isn’t a race?  Who said sporty was reserved for paved racetracks?  

Given what Ford has accomplished with the GT (all 3 iterations), Mustangs and all the other performance vehicles it would be silly to think they can’t do that to a large truck or utility if they wanted,  There just isn’t a good business case.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Dlcorbett said:

But tis the raptor truly sporty, or capable?  It can go fast in a wide open desert, but put it on a track and see how well it does.  The v sport is clearly a track rig to go against the, srt durango,  gls amg and Alpina x7, and they are both track trucks.  The closest ford has gotten to this in 2 decades was the explorer st and its nowhere near the same league as the aforementioned.

LOL, Escalade is not going to do sh!t on a track. That thing will be understeering into the next zip code.

Escalade V is just about power and the bragging rights to say you have 750 hp. That's it. Navigator with Raptor R motor would be the same exact thing. It's what all these uber SUVs are about. Do you really think any G63 owners takes it to a track? Just stop it already. 

15 hours ago, Dlcorbett said:

I was using sporty, not sport.  For wat the nav competitors are, desert bombing isn't wat a sporty version of the nav would be.  

There is no sporty in a 5000+ lb tall utility.  Just straight line power, bragging rights and bench racing.

G63 and gls63 are two different vehicles in two different classes with different missions.   Im in no way making disparaging remarks about ford or their performance division, I mean they built the ford gt and mustang gt 350r/500, premier and revered in the sports car world, but The point your missing with my point is, why would ford/lincoln make this product? Lincoln has moved away from any sporty pretentions with their products, and im sure, for their large suvs, which ford has historically let slide on normality and "good enough", what would they do to make it sporty.  No matter what cadillac, or any of lincolns competitors did, they dont really follow what it's competitors do, which I personally appreciate. Even talking about the raptor r, didn't ford redo the engine compartment with the redesign to allow space for such a big engine?  Would ford put more resources into redoing the front end of the nav to make the space for a v8?  Hell, ford didn't even add the powerboost to the suv line, atleast for now.  Yes, most large suvs with the "performance" packs aren't track dogs like the cars, but I don't see ford performance division wasting their time on a product that people aren't asking for.

51 minutes ago, Dlcorbett said:

G63 and gls63 are two different vehicles in two different classes with different missions.   Im in no way making disparaging remarks about ford or their performance division, I mean they built the ford gt and mustang gt 350r/500, premier and revered in the sports car world, but The point your missing with my point is, why would ford/lincoln make this product? Lincoln has moved away from any sporty pretentions with their products, and im sure, for their large suvs, which ford has historically let slide on normality and "good enough", what would they do to make it sporty.  No matter what cadillac, or any of lincolns competitors did, they dont really follow what it's competitors do, which I personally appreciate. Even talking about the raptor r, didn't ford redo the engine compartment with the redesign to allow space for such a big engine?  Would ford put more resources into redoing the front end of the nav to make the space for a v8?  Hell, ford didn't even add the powerboost to the suv line, atleast for now.  Yes, most large suvs with the "performance" packs aren't track dogs like the cars, but I don't see ford performance division wasting their time on a product that people aren't asking for.

They're (Expy and Navi) are reportedly going to get completely replaced in 2 years, so no, they wouldn't change things that drastically on a model they're about to replace.  That's also the unfortunate, but likely reason we didn't see Expy/Navi get the PowerBoost option.

22 hours ago, Dlcorbett said:

They won't, dord doesn't have the tools to tune a truck for sporty pretentions.  I think lincoln wants to stay in th lane they been doin nice in.

? arguably they ( Ford ) have a better set of tools than the other "domestics" combined, but theres wisdom in restraint...the point is, theres no business case....so good luck to Dealers selling 1 or 2 V Escalades a month...not quite sure that quantifies as a sales success per say. 

4 hours ago, bzcat said:

LOL, Escalade is not going to do sh!t on a track. That thing will be understeering into the next zip code.

Escalade V is just about power and the bragging rights to say you have 750 hp. That's it. Navigator with Raptor R motor would be the same exact thing. It's what all these uber SUVs are about. Do you really think any G63 owners takes it to a track? Just stop it already. 

I agree with this. This is just a power pissing match. Sure, it's great to accelerate in but anywhere north of 80mph is a real bad idea in a 6k pound vehicle. At most I see a 125 top speed (faster than a Raptor). Anymore than that, there will be more accidents in these things than you can shake a stick at. 

I can tell you in my Chicago to Detroit I-94 travel I see trucks and SUVS going as fast as their vehicles will allow them. They get angry when you pass them. Not that I am confirming I am going fast enough in my Fusion to pass them. According to Ford, my Fusion is limited to 126....whatever that means

Edited by jcartwright99

26 minutes ago, Deanh said:

? arguably they ( Ford ) have a better set of tools than the other "domestics" combined, but theres wisdom in restraint...the point is, theres no business case....so good luck to Dealers selling 1 or 2 V Escalades a month...not quite sure that quantifies as a sales success per say. 

I look at this in two ways. It's a swan song for the all ICE Escalade's and it's a gift to dealers, much like the suicide door Continental. It's gives them permission to charge insane ADM (even in this environment) to reward their big dealers.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

First you implied that Ford wasn’t capable of doing a sporty suv (whatever that is), now you’re saying they shouldn’t bother.  What is your point here?

Specifically speaking on the nav/expy platform, they do not have the tools to turn it sporty.

I wonder if the godzilla engine would fit.  Drop it in, add some superchargers, heavy duty springs.  I would personally love to hear the 5.2 In an expy or nav.

All of ford recent performance vehicles are new vehicles or new platforms, dedicated to high performance.  The current expy/nav platform has been used since 2006 with slight modifications.  Even if you consider the current platform as new,, its using older components that were made more for durability than anything else.  It's not like what they did with the explorer, where they built a whole new dedicated platform with a high performance model in mind.  There hasn't even been so much as a concept for a high performance fs suv.  Maybe the phrase "ford doesn't have the tools" was a little much I personally dont think ford is able to turn that fs suv platform into they would want their high po name on.  I'll eat crow if they ever do though.

Edited by Dlcorbett

Navigator with Raptor R engine will be just as fast on the street and unless on the track as all the other mega power SUVs. So there is no reason to doubt if Ford can do it. 

Ford may decide it doesn't want to plow any more money into the platform which has already received its midcycle update. But really it boils down to when the next gen EV one is going to debut. If we are talking about 2025 or so right after TE1 F-150, then I can see why they just skip it and go straight to EV. But if we are talking about Ford riding this platform into the sunset around 2030, I think there is plenty of money left on the table for a Navigator Supreme (or whatever you want to call it). 

And don't you doubt for a second that Stellantis is not already working on getting the TRX engine in the Grand Wagoneer. I'm sure it is already in the works.

• Like 1