2023 Cadillac Escalade V Revealed

rmc523

1 hour ago, Dlcorbett said:

All of ford recent performance vehicles are new vehicles or new platforms, dedicated to high performance.  The current expy/nav platform has been used since 2006 with slight modifications.  Even if you consider the current platform as new,, its using older components that were made more for durability than anything else.  It's not like what they did with the explorer, where they built a whole new dedicated platform with a high performance model in mind.  There hasn't even been so much as a concept for a high performance fs suv.  Maybe the phrase "ford doesn't have the tools" was a little much I personally dont think ford is able to turn that fs suv platform into they would want their high po name on.  I'll eat crow if they ever do though.

What would be the point of such a vehicle?  To win bench races in magazines?   You’re confusing can’t with doesn’t need to.

You probably have more insider info than I have, did they ever try to make a high performance fs suv?  I do remember a magazine pulled info on a ford expedition thunder or somethin similar.  The second gen platform seemed to be very flexible with what they could do with it.

On 1/24/2022 at 3:23 PM, rmc523 said:

They're (Expy and Navi) are reportedly going to get completely replaced in 2 years, so no, they wouldn't change things that drastically on a model they're about to replace.  That's also the unfortunate, but likely reason we didn't see Expy/Navi get the PowerBoost option.

I am hoping this rumor is true. I think it’s important for Ford to keep pressing on the full-size SUVs.  They were excellent SUVs when they were introduced in 2018, and are still good vehicles , but competition is stiff in this category, just like the trucks.  The Nav has aged well, considering it’s classic look, but the Expdition looks tired already compared to newer competition, and the mid cycle only marginally helps it.  The new tech on the inside will help it get by hopefully.   The Nav can probably get away with an evolutionary redesign,  but the bread and butter Expedition needs a full redesign and it shouldn’t be as conservative as it currently is.  These new models Ned to be available in 23 as a 24, to continuing their momentum.

My wife really likes the new Yukons, and it’s hard to deny they look good.  If I were to buy a new full-size SUV it would probably be a Yukon Denali right now as the Platinum doesn’t really look that new, and this is coming from a Ford 

guy. 

On 1/24/2022 at 4:31 PM, Dlcorbett said:

Specifically speaking on the nav/expy platform, they do not have the tools to turn it sporty.

I wonder if the godzilla engine would fit.  Drop it in, add some superchargers, heavy duty springs.  I would personally love to hear the 5.2 In an expy or nav.

I had a 2019 Expedition for work. It is a surprisingly powerful and agile vehicle for a large SUV. It was the only full-size SUV to have independent rear suspension up until recently as far as I know. The Expedition/Navigator handling characteristics have routinely been praised by auto reviewer‘s. If Ford wanted to make them more sporting I’m pretty sure they have the capability to do so. 

Hopefully they come sooner than later, but so far no development makes have been spied running around.  Maybe they are still in the brainstorming stage?  I remember the 22 spy photos being posted in 2019.

My wife and I have driven the nav and denali back to back twice now, she said no to the denali both times.

52 minutes ago, Dlcorbett said:

Hopefully they come sooner than later, but so far no development makes have been spied running around.  Maybe they are still in the brainstorming stage?  I remember the 22 spy photos being posted in 2019.

My wife and I have driven the nav and denali back to back twice now, she said no to the denali both times.

They wouldn't be at that point yet, if anything, we'll still see them using the current bodies for testing.

16 hours ago, Dlcorbett said:

Interesting about your wife’s position on the Denali.  Did she say why she liked the Nav better?

My comments above aren’t meant to suggest the Navigator and the Expedition aren’t  competitive vehicles, because they still are. I’m just suggesting that the Expedition is looking dated compared to the competition.

Neither denali we drove had the air suspension unfortunately.  The first one drove was an xl we looked at with my dad since he wanted an Escalade and that was the closest we could get without driving 2 hrs.  The second was the first that landed here on guam.  Without the air suspension, the nav actually has a better ride, seats were obviously better(base seats, neither of us has tried the 30 way yet), more space in second/third row, she didnt like the brake feel in the denali.  She did like how the neutral it handled, and how the center console was set up.

Honestly, even with the sequoia/lx600 reveals,  the refreshed ford's should keep it near the top of the competition, but ford left some much needed options on the table. I have no doubt that the redesigned fs suvs will be crazy innovative as every redesign has been for the segment.

• 3 months later...

More details including powertrain info released today. Cadillac Escalade-V is Industry’s Most Powerful Full-Size SUV

ENGINES

Type:

6.2L V-8 Supercharged DI VVT

Displacement (cu. in. / cc):

376 / 6162

Bore & Stroke (in. / mm):

4.06 x 3.62 / 103.25 x 92

Block Material:

Cast aluminum

Cylinder Head Material:

A356T6 aluminum

Valvetrain:

Overhead-valve with two valves per cylinder and continuously variable valve timing

Fuel Delivery:

Direct injection with electronic throttle control

Forced Induction:

2.65L positive-displacement supercharger (with four-lobe, 160-degree rotors); water-to-air charge-cooling system

Max Boost (psi / bar):

10 / 0.7

Compression Ratio:

10:1

Horsepower (hp / kW @ rpm):

682 / 508 @ 6,000

Torque (lb-ft / Nm):

653 / 885 @ 4,400

Fuel:

Premium required

Max engine speed (rpm):

40 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

More details including powertrain info released today. Cadillac Escalade-V is Industry’s Most Powerful Full-Size SUV

ENGINES

Type:

6.2L V-8 Supercharged DI VVT

Displacement (cu. in. / cc):

376 / 6162

Bore & Stroke (in. / mm):

4.06 x 3.62 / 103.25 x 92

Block Material:

Cast aluminum

Cylinder Head Material:

A356T6 aluminum

Valvetrain:

Overhead-valve with two valves per cylinder and continuously variable valve timing

Fuel Delivery:

Direct injection with electronic throttle control

Forced Induction:

2.65L positive-displacement supercharger (with four-lobe, 160-degree rotors); water-to-air charge-cooling system

Max Boost (psi / bar):

10 / 0.7

Compression Ratio:

10:1

Horsepower (hp / kW @ rpm):

682 / 508 @ 6,000

Torque (lb-ft / Nm):

653 / 885 @ 4,400

Fuel:

Premium required

Max engine speed (rpm):

$149,990........I knew it would be high but geeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzz

1 hour ago, rperez817 said:

Looks like Cadillac is targeting a similar customer base with Escalade V as that for Mercedes-Benz AMG G-Class. AMG G63 starts at $157,500.

Yeah but standard Sport versions are bringing a $15-25k premium over sticker price, this will certainly be a limited model. We very well could see our first $200k Escalade. 

• Like 1