Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control

flagman

• ice-capades changed the title to Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control
  • 2 weeks later...

I just recently commented on another post about the adaptive cruise control feature and I'll tell anyone that has never experienced it before...it is the best feature money can buy IMO.

Setting it for a speed and not having to readjust it for changing traffic conditions is all that and a bag of chips. For long distance road trips on the highways, it greatly improves your driving experience. ?

• Like 1

I have Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control on my Mustang Mach E. It's a great feature.

You do have to watch out for sudden errors, though, mostly on the interstate. Some Interstates have local lanes or frontage roads with the speed sign mounted between the standard and local lanes. Even if you are in the fast lanes, the car may see that and slow to match the speed of the slow lanes. Ditto with exit ramps or road-adjacent rest areas. You have to toggle your cruise back up to where you want it.

The feature is well worth that little quirk.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My wife's car(Acura) has adaptive cruise...and I don't care for it...it beeps every time it has to slow down ...so in traffic very annoying.

I like the idea of adaptive cruise and love the idea of blue cruise...hoping ford does a better job than Honda.

my 2019 F150 HAD it... my 2020 F350 HAS it... my 2022 F150 will have it... No beeping, it just awesome ! 

The only draw back is IF your NOT paying attention, you could creep up on a car, have your vehicle slow down 5 mph or more and not realize it....  No biggie, just means driving slower for a period of time until you realize what is going on..... get in passing lane, pass and back to speed

Edited by Ford truck guy

12 hours ago, Ford truck guy said:

my 2019 F150 HAD it... my 2020 F350 HAS it... my 2022 F150 will have it... No beeping, it just awesome ! 

The only draw back is IF your NOT paying attention, you could creep up on a car, have your vehicle slow down 5 mph or more and not realize it....  No biggie, just means driving slower for a period of time until you realize what is going on..... get in passing lane, pass and back to speed

Does it go off of set speed or off of posted speed on signs. I read bluecruise goes off of posted speed....hoping adaptive goes off of set speed.

I

54 minutes ago, sippy12 said:

Does it go off of set speed or off of posted speed on signs. I read bluecruise goes off of posted speed....hoping adaptive goes off of set speed.

My 2 existing trucks do NOT have blue Cruise, so I can not answer....  Adaptive Cruise ( as I know it )  goes off the preset speed that you choose.. You can also change the distance between you and the car in front of you  to allow you greater or shorter following distance between vehicles.

It WILL NOT work in the winter when there is snow or ice built up on the front.. and it will NOT work when the Fisher plow is hanging off the front end as its blocking all the sensors.

• Thanks 1

On 4/22/2022 at 7:28 AM, sippy12 said:

Just used ActiveGlide in my new Nav tonight, and it changed the cruise speed when speed limits changed. Very accurate and cool. 

Edited by Black Label