Next Redesign?

Bama444

I love the outside and most of the insider. Except the dash and screen(s). Was very disappointed that all they did is make the one screen bigger. Hate to say they need something like the Escalade...BUT...or even the Grand Wagoner. The inside of the 2022 Nav, as good as it looks, is still dated and way behind. 

Anyone know how long before we could see the next major upgrade? 

Edited by Bama444

Personally I think the Nav interior is far more elegant than the Escalade or GW- I'm really happy with the 2018-2021 and now the 22 redesign.  As far as the next major makeover- that will probably happen in the 2026 range.  But who knows what will happen by then- perhaps electrification will reach the full size SUVs and totally change the schedule...

• Like 1

As fas as design, the 22 nav is still the best looking Inside and out(except the rims), to include the lx600.  However, lincoln didnt add enough tech to make itself competitive with the class (night vision, ar nav, 4 zone climate, air suspension, digital rearview mirror, etc.).  It could've been the discount option, but now both bl versions top 100k.  People are gonna have a hard time justifying missing certain features for the 100k price point.

Rumor is the nav will get a redesign in 24, with the expy getting one a year later.  Doesn't rele make since, but I'm guessin, if this is true, the nav is such a profitable vehicle and the competition just got better, they don't want it to lag.  However, if that was the case, there would be some mules riding around, which there are none.  However, lincoln was shown benchmarking the gw, so development may have started. I'm sure, my25 will be a redesign for both products though.

Wasn't it 2007 to 2018 last time around? Hope not that ling of a wait, but who knows?

Personally, I am not disappointed. Sync 4 and ActiveGlide as well as what appear to be some changes to instrument cluster graphics all look liek really good changes to me. I also like the exterior refreshes. 

I have seen a lot of wheel criticism on these forums the last 2 years. Can't tell you ho many people compliment the wheels on my Navigator, however.  

1 hour ago, Dlcorbett said:

The 3rd gen cycle lasted so long without a refresh because it was due to be cancelled after 2012 amid the oil inflation.  It pushed back the refresh from 2012 to 2015.  Remember, the 2nd gen trucks cycle was 4 yrs, with a light refresh two yrs in the cycle.

I was going to mention that above. Yes, I remember all the talk about Ford dumping the SUVs. 

• 2 months later...

I don't think they are going to try and walk away from large SUVs like the industry expected 10 years ago when oil ran up.  I think it's going to be lower model count, focus on luxury, focus on buying experience (a la boutique vs dealer) with the next cycle probably to include hybrid / fully electric options.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/16/2023 at 2:05 AM, HofstraJet said:

My lease on my 21 ends in January. I may purchase it and wait for the refresh. Not sure I want to get the last MY of the current design. Will see what happens later this year for the 24 MY.

I personally would wait.  The coast to coast screen would be enough to get me to wait, in addition to what sounds like sufficient exterior changes to to be noticeable.  

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 1/24/2022 at 1:54 AM, Dlcorbett said:

As fas as design, the 22 nav is still the best looking Inside and out(except the rims), to include the lx600.  However, lincoln didnt add enough tech to make itself competitive with the class (night vision, ar nav, 4 zone climate, air suspension, digital rearview mirror, etc.).  It could've been the discount option, but now both bl versions top 100k.  People are gonna have a hard time justifying missing certain features for the 100k price point.

I hope this redesign includes those features (night vision, AR navigation, air suspension, digital rearview mirror), the Escalade already has most of them. Also I think it has to be a little bit longer, both the Slade and the GW are bigger, with more space. 

I wonder if the 2025 model will have 2 engines options or just the hybrid model.

I know it can be a nonsense but more engine option could hep, maybe a V8 too (it applies also to the Expy)

4 hours ago, joseodiaga4 said:

I hope this redesign includes those features (night vision, AR navigation, air suspension, digital rearview mirror), the Escalade already has most of them. Also I think it has to be a little bit longer, both the Slade and the GW are bigger, with more space. 

I wonder if the 2025 model will have 2 engines options or just the hybrid model.

I know it can be a nonsense but more engine option could hep, maybe a V8 too (it applies also to the Expy)

I’d be very surprised if there is an increase in the dimensions.   It’s my understanding they are using the same structure.  Hopefully we will know more details soon.  

They better stiffen it greatly if their using the same structure.  They may have been able to carve more space into the cabin hopefully.  Looking at the spy photos (old I know) ut seems like they pushed the rear hatch back a bit, something the crossovers used to do.

As far as features, alot of the features that the other trucks had weren't advertised on the nautilus.  The new explorer has map guidance in the ip, but not ar nav.  Idk if the nav has digital rearview display, but the expedition does with sync 4a.  If lincoln doesn't add air suspension to atleast the back label, I dnt think they'll take away buyers of the other trucks because the biggest issue with the nav is its rough road ride that the other big trucks were able to finally master and at this point, coils on body on frame trucks has been maximized to its absolute max.

21 hours ago, Dlcorbett said:

As far as features, alot of the features that the other trucks had weren't advertised on the nautilus.  The new explorer has map guidance in the ip, but not ar nav.  Idk if the nav has digital rearview display, but the expedition does with sync 4a.  If lincoln doesn't add air suspension to atleast the back label, I dnt think they'll take away buyers of the other trucks because the biggest issue with the nav is its rough road ride that the other big trucks were able to finally master and at this point, coils on body on frame trucks has been maximized to its absolute max.

The Nautilus has AR Nav in China. Also the digital rearview mirror is a dealer-installed option

On 2/2/2024 at 11:31 PM, tbone said:

I’d be very surprised if there is an increase in the dimensions.   It’s my understanding they are using the same structure.  Hopefully we will know more details soon.  

I'm really looking forward to it,  hopefully we get a reveal soon. I don’t remember where but I read that production for the 2025MY starts in march

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...